Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a massive upgrade on Tom Jonas who couldn't be positively matched up on anyone in the latter part of his career, and I will leave the last word on him to old mate Kingy, who in response to another commentator's suggestion that TJ had played 2 years too long said it was more like 3!
Great line by Kingy and unfortunately it is still happening.

There are a couple of very obvious candidates for the "Tom Jonas" hanging around too long like a bad smell, I've already asked if you want coffee, my conversation skills have dried up, I'm obviously sleepy, can you just leave with some dignity.

Wow so weird how the guy who conceded more goals than any other player in the league last year didn't magically become a superstar just by putting a different jumper on.

Honestly, some people are just full of :pileofpoop:

BZT was fantastic today. I was there watching the game, and after a shaky start he totally outplayed King. He had a rubbish game last week - along with 23 other players - But I thought he was really solid back there today, with great positioning, and contested work..

That cant be said for many of the other players out there. Looked like the Keystone Cops out there at times! Terrible skills on display by both sides, with neither side deserving to win!

Last edited:
Scored the 3 votes from Warren Tredrea.

He flogged King and picked up 13 touches and 9 marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he has been above par all year. The matchup on king was a good one as King has no physical presence and can only use his long reach to take marks. Zerk struggles against forwards who have a body behind them and can out muscle you.

all year has been alot better then esava, both of them cant play in the same backline due to the lack of chemistry with one another, we cannot fix this issue in the last 2 months of the season. therfore i believe that esava doesnt make our 22 leaving us with two genuine key deffedners in aliir and zerk thacher.

Had a great game minus one moment where he missed a mark which resulted in a saints goal near the goal square but other than that, he had a fantastic game.
Yea this was what I was referring to. He just has a moment that kills his good work. The play on in the back fifty, the dropped mark today, falling over during a chase.

But fairs fair, he did otherwise have a good one today and killed King.

Both he and Alir were better today. Maybe Sav is the issue?

Wonder also if he needs to be the second tall back rather than the third?

Yea this was what I was referring to. He just has a moment that kills his good work. The play on in the back fifty, the dropped mark today, falling over during a chase.

But fairs fair, he did otherwise have a good one today and killed King.

Both he and Alir were better today. Maybe Sav is the issue?

Wonder also if he needs to be the second tall back rather than the third?

Pretty sure that one moment today did not negate his entire game. He was also hit in the face in that contest which the umpire chose to overlook.

The criticism of BZT when we lost the last 3 games before today involved a lot of irrational pants wetting.

He is a 1 on 1 defender. Yes he had a couple of bad games. He isn't an All Oz defender. He is a solid one. Let him play that way and not have to worry about covering up for Aliir's and Ratugolea's loose marking and poor defensive play.

He does a good job on the non gorilla's. That's why he gave Max King a bath, he is a light framed KPF, just like BZT is a light framed KPD. Get the match up right and he will will do a good job for us.

The criticism of BZT when we lost the last 3 games before today involved a lot of irrational pants wetting.

He is a 1 on 1 defender. Yes he had a couple of bad games. He isn't an All Oz defender. He is a solid one. Let him play that way and not have to worry about covering up for Aliir's and Ratugolea's loose marking and poor defensive play.

He does a good job on the non gorilla's. That's why he gave Max King a bath, he is a light framed KPF, just like BZT is a light framed KPD. Get the match up right and he will will do a good job for us.

Absolutely and today he highlighted how good of a acquaintance he been. Hopefully numb nuts doesn’t **** around with him.

Which is also why the people wanting to get rid of Esava are off track too.

Come up against the gorillas and we need Esava.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

all year has been alot better then esava, both of them cant play in the same backline due to the lack of chemistry with one another, we cannot fix this issue in the last 2 months of the season. therfore i believe that esava doesnt make our 22 leaving us with two genuine key deffedners in aliir and zerk thacher.
Yes, Esava struggles to read the play and where to position himself; impacting Aliir who has to watch his own man and where Esava is. The two big defenders save this game for us.

ST KILDA forward Max King will miss the remainder of the 2024 season after tearing a posterior cruciate ligament in his knee on Sunday.

The 23-year-old suffered the injury to his left knee just after half-time in the club's two-point loss to Port Adelaide, however played out the rest of the game.

lol we cant have anything nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back