Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jack Lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not easy to gauge Lukosius' ability as a key forward as he spent a fair percentage of his early career in defence. Jack has however booted 5 goals on four occasions over the past three seasons so he has the ability to score goals. His career tally of 79.72 does not suggest he is an accurate kick but as Rory Atkins suggests he is a long kick. Looking at his highlights reel the majority of Jack's goals seem to come from opportune gathers rather than contested marks or marks taken on a lead. He almost plays like a 195cm small forward. That might actually suit Hinkley's 'bomb it in high' game plan who knows?

In 69 games Mitch has kicked 109.79 while Jack booted his 79.72 in 116 games. If they are not in the top ten goal kickers they could be in the top ten scorers of behinds. :)
In Luko's first year as a forward for the bottom feeder Suns, he kicked 39.22.
Last year, all of his numbers are down and he played in the backline and he obviously had some issues with Hardwick. He kicked 23.18.
Mitch's first run as banana number one starting with the Blues game he ends the year kicking 32.16.
Mitch kicked 44.27 for the year.

If we play to Mitch and Luko's advantage along with Willie and Powell-Pepper, we could really have a fast, energetic, skilled mobile forward line but Hinkley will probably bomb it long.

The YouTube video of the five goals Lukosius kicked at VFL level late in the year against Casey highlight the sort of forward he could be with us at his best. Mostly, leading to the short pass or working his opponent up the ground and then losing him on the way back to find space. Some beautiful passing inside forward 50 also. Coupled with Georgiades doing similar, it would make us look dangerous ahead of players like JHF, Butters, Farrell, Rioli and hopefully Lorenz who all kick the ball beautifully.
These highlights randomly came on at the gym the other day, got me excited about what he could be for us. I know it's from 18 months ago but his stat line from that game was crazy. 19d, 12m, 11i50, 1g, 4b.

Remember when Dixon was out and played Mitch, Marshall and Finny. Our FAD half functioned better than expected and looked dynamic, hopefully with Jack things a permanent experience!

These highlights randomly came on at the gym the other day, got me excited about what he could be for us. I know it's from 18 months ago but his stat line from that game was crazy. 19d, 12m, 11i50, 1g, 4b.

Yep good shout. Long penetrating field kick

14 score involvements, 3 goal assist and 750m gained too.

Some people have mentioned Lukosius is a "lazy" player but I've never quite thought that when watching him at GC.

His highlights suggests he outworks his opponents a fair bit and has a good tank

If he does a Finlayson with us and stinks it up that badly in front of goal I'll be convinced it's a port adelaide thing.
You already should be. Dixon, Finlayson and Rioli all had their goal kicking accuracy drop off by about 10% post Port move.

Kenny can't kick it for em though.

You already should be. Dixon, Finlayson and Rioli all had their goal kicking accuracy drop off by about 10% post Port move.

Kenny can't kick it for em though.
But Kenny is to blame- we continually kick it to the pockets as part of our tactic to lock it in our F50. Therefore a lot of the shots are from difficult angles. It snowballs too as players who miss difficult shots then lose some confidence and composure even for the easier shots.

But Kenny is to blame

XHcGXq.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Kenny is to blame- we continually kick it to the pockets as part of our tactic to lock it in our F50. Therefore a lot of the shots are from difficult angles. It snowballs too as players who miss difficult shots then lose some confidence and composure even for the easier shots.
Damn you!
Stop bringing logic into this argument :mad:

mate if you don't wanna bloody well support the boys then you can just GO AND SUPPORT THE BLOODY TINGLES

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jack Lukosius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back