Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #52 (2023) - Lachlan Charleson

Remove this Banner Ad

What has happened to the little shit stirrer the last 2 or 3 months??

He was expected to make his debut well before Lorenz did, as he was rated higher, but Lorenz has kicked on the last 2 or 3 months.
2 goals in his last 9 games is very poor, hasn't had an impact at all after the first month.

He has had a couple of knee injuries this year that cost him a lot of football. Just looked cooked the last few weeks, he barely touched the ball the last couple of games.

Needs a rest and reset.

If we bring in Richards, I find it hard to see how all of

Charleson, Richards, Narkle, F Evans, Anasta and McEntee all fit on the list.

There are only so many battler small forwards you can have.

Has to be a decent shout for an early delist unfortunately for him.

If we bring in Richards, I find it hard to see how all of

Charleson, Richards, Narkle, F Evans, Anasta and McEntee all fit on the list.

There are only so many battler small forwards you can have.

Has to be a decent shout for an early delist unfortunately for him.
Think Richards and Charleson will play more on and around the midfield and McIntee for all his faults is GREAT SANFL depth and what we need with the Reserves rules in place.

So then it’s Narkle, F.Evans and Tommy.A with Rioli, SPP, DBJ, Pickett…

Think Richards and Charleson will play more on and around the midfield and McIntee for all his faults is GREAT SANFL depth and what we need with the Reserves rules in place.

I'm not sure we need any little midget midfielders either

I'm not sure we need any little midget midfielders either
I think we need to draft the best athletes at 6’4-6’7ish and hope they become Cripps or Bont like mids, but we look like having Richards and Charleson is a chance of being on the list, I think they may be better served to us as wingmen than small forwards. After Boak and Burgoyne we aren’t flushed with a heap of Wing and outside running depth, so may be a short short stop gap solution for 2025-2026.

I am offended by your heightism (a real word too)
Players sub 179cms playing AFL, ~5.
Caleb Daniel
Jed McIntee
Joe Richards
Tommy A
Lachie Charleson

I get what he is eluding to.
None of this is fact, just a gut feel.

Players sub 179cms playing AFL, ~5.
Caleb Daniel
Jed McIntee
Joe Richards
Tommy A
Lachie Charleson

I get what he is eluding to.
None of this is fact, just a gut feel.
Really Ranga? 179 or lower.. off the top of my head

Toby Bedford, Ben Ainsworth, Shai Bolton, Dayne Zorko, Cody Weightman, Jack Viney, Tyson Stengle, Sam Switkowski, Lachlan Schultz, Adam Saad, Willie Rioli, Daniel Rioli, Kysaiah Pickett, Dion Prestia, Tom Papley, Lachie Neale, Dylan Moore, Touk Miller, Gryan Miers, Zach Merrett, Rory Laird, Darcy Jones, Bobby Hill, Jack Higgins, Errol Gulden, Jade Gresham, Riley Garcia, Jamie Elliott, Corey Durdin, Brent Daniels, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Josh Daicos

Some decent talent in there...mids and fwds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle and F. Evans are UFA. Chances are, with SPP coming back, one if not both accept an offer elsewhere if they get one. Narkle and McEntee are also both on the rookie list, strong chances one if not both would get delisted especially given 1 or 2 of F/S picks this year maybe rookies. Other rookies are Walsh (won't be delisted), Evans (upgraded or retained on rookie list) and Wiliiams (good chance he gets delisted too although I wouldn't do it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Pick #52 (2023) - Lachlan Charleson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back