Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rory Atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as its annoying to have him part of the trade, he will provide us with solid depth and also be handy for the magpies. would of rathered a fiorini though

Why? I forgot he existed so he definitely wasn't my most hated player.

It's an odd pick up but i don't get the hate towards him.

His name is Rory, played for the crows, wound the port crowd up, hasnt played even semi-decent footy for what 5 years, will take a list spot of someone more deserving, is being paid decent money for someone who has no right being near the AFL team, is renowned as one of the softest players in the game, couldnt get a game for a club that has been near bottom of the ladder their entire existence, his club (with a 3 time premiership coach) was is in own our own recruiters words "happy for him to leave". I'm sure there are more reasons.

Genuinely think if you did a poll prior to trade season who is the least likely player you want us to trade in, i think this bloke would be near the top of the list....and if he wasnt its because either A)people had forgotten he was still in the AFL or B) there is literally not 1 single reason why we would pick him up so no-one would even nominate him.

it truly is one the most remarkable recruits in the history of AFL. (and clearly i am not using remarkable in a positive context).

So when the inevitable lack of performance happens in an AFL game and he maybe gets a Bronx cheer it will be the uncouth yobbo white noise that is wrong again... " show some damn respect".

Hmm David, Chris did you ever think that all the times you think we are wrong (and there are so many of them) you might want to look at the underlying issues even if you don't agree?

Listen damn mofos...

So when the inevitable lack of performance happens in an AFL game and he maybe gets a Bronx cheer it will be the uncouth yobbo white noise that is wrong again... " show some damn respect".

Hmm David, Chris did you ever think that all the times you think we are wrong (and there are so many of them) you might want to look at the underlying issues even if you don't agree?

Listen damn mofos...
The club sets him up for the fall, the fans will take the blame if it turns sour, and the net result is we all lose.

That's more of a Facebook post. Here on bigfooty we just talk smack
A Facebook post would be something along the lines of:

Well done what a great pickup. He is going to be the difference maker and will suit Ken’s game plan so well. We all love you Ken and we know you are the best thing that’s ever happened to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know that I can ever be a fan (although as Malibu#27 implied the thing with annoying prick players is they are more likeable when they're your annoying prick), but he does rack up serious numbers in the VFL, 30-40 possessions most weeks. We don't have anyone in the sanfl that does that.

I don't know that I can ever be a fan (although as Malibu#27 implied the thing with annoying prick players is they are more likeable when they're your annoying prick), but he does rack up serious numbers in the VFL, 30-40 possessions most weeks. We don't have anyone in the sanfl that does that.

I have never taken much notice of him, didn't he make a beer here or something?

What position does he play?

2 questions.

1. Would we have got Perryman if we had offered him the Atkins $$?

2. Who will we miss as a free agent next year because we are not banking the Atkins $$?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it’s the other way round. We missed Perryman, so had a huge chunk of money no longer allocated. There is only so much you can bank year to year, I think it’s 5% of the TPP from memory. Hence why they using that salary dump, (in their eyes improving what we got in the trade lmao).

I have never taken much notice of him, didn't he make a beer here or something?

What position does he play?

Sorry, can't help. I exhausted my knowledge of Ratkins when I reached the full stop at the end of "that".

His name is Rory, played for the crows, wound the port crowd up, hasnt played even semi-decent footy for what 5 years, will take a list spot of someone more deserving, is being paid decent money for someone who has no right being near the AFL team, is renowned as one of the softest players in the game, couldnt get a game for a club that has been near bottom of the ladder their entire existence, his club (with a 3 time premiership coach) was is in own our own recruiters words "happy for him to leave". I'm sure there are more reasons.

Genuinely think if you did a poll prior to trade season who is the least likely player you want us to trade in, i think this bloke would be near the top of the list....and if he wasnt its because either A)people had forgotten he was still in the AFL or B) there is literally not 1 single reason why we would pick him up so no-one would even nominate him.

it truly is one the most remarkable recruits in the history of AFL. (and clearly i am not using remarkable in a positive context).
Sounds like you are more annoyed at the club than Ratkins personally.

He played for Crows and wound us up once, oh no

Sounds like you are more annoyed at the club than Ratkins personally.

He played for Crows and wound us up once, oh no
Not sounds like, I most definitely am! Why not just get someone like Seb Ross if we are that desperate for depth/ leadership etc. At least he is free and would be on far far less.

Regardless I've never liked him as a player, and the fact we've recruited him on good money for what he will offer certainly hasnt done one iota to change my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Rory Atkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back