Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Or he has exactly the right mentality for the task he has been handed. A team cruelled by umpires and injuries and instability. Surely a coach in those circumstances needs to adjust his expectations to realistic level in order to make the most of the opportunities this presents. He has had to play 41 players, including 4 AFL debutantes, 2 other players who had never played for Richmond before, and 4 more players who had played 6 or less AFL games coming into this season, and a truckload of other players under 30 AFL games experience when the season commenced.

Looked at from another angle, only about 7-8 players have played over 10 matches(2/3rds of the season) in a role they were settled in coming into this season. Bart Cummings couldn't coach that successfully. Especially when you are playing against a strong stable well stocked team at the top of their game like today.
Need more posts like this. I am over the abuse of Adem.

Sorry that has nothing to do with what I said and there’s no way we’re tanking. They were always going to be a bottom four side this year and if Dusty and a couple of other senior players dropped off or got injured we were then going to be in a world of pain . Still his reluctance to make the changes you quoted me on have not been evident. If you do as your suggesting then you invest games into youth and drop the senior names constantly being mentioned.
But still blame the coaching staff is pathetic. Not even the best coaches would have as much better. End of the season changes will happen to the playing group, fitness and medical staff. As I noted you wanted Dimma sacked as well like for like

The usual suspects with their usual comments about how poor Yze is as a coach while completing ignoring the reasons behind the 'poor' style of play and the poor season are becoming quite boring and repetitive.

He accepts mediocrity by continually selecting players that don't perform. Jayden Short and Graham at the top of the list. Just drop them, send the message, even if for 1 week. Is it really going to make any difference if we lose by 75 instead of 45. If there's no consequences then there are no standards.

But still blame the coaching staff is pathetic. Not even the best coaches would have as much better. End of the season changes will happen to the playing group, fitness and medical staff. As I noted you wanted Dimma sacked as well like for
With Dimma 87% of the board wanted him sacked bc he wasn’t getting the best from the team. As I told you there were 11 major changes that contributed to our rise. Marshall’s book states all of them.

Last edited:
He accepts mediocrity by continually selecting players that don't perform. Jayden Short and Graham at the top of the list. Just drop them, send the message, even if for 1 week. Is it really going to make any difference if we lose by 75 instead of 45. If there's no consequences then there are no standards.
If we drop them for 1 week like you suggest, who comes in and replaces them for that week? Are those players that come in the ones that then get dropped for Graham and Short to return a week later?

The usual suspects with their usual comments about how poor Yze is as a coach while completing ignoring the reasons behind the 'poor' style of play and the poor season are becoming quite boring and repetitive.
Spot on it’s a shame only a few of us can see this.

Need more posts like this. I am over the abuse of Adem.
Nobody is abusing Adem we are commenting on his weaknesses.
He may actually benefit if we send him to Harvard just like we did with Dimma. It was a massive improvement in his PR and communication with all groups of people.

Last edited:

Drop them for who?

Next year will give us a better picture as to what Yze wants and thinks

Yep sets low standards and can’t identify player’s weaknesses or strengths. Continue to play garbage like Short, JGTI, Mansell , Kmac and Broad. Too slow to make changes . You could see our small defenders were going to get chewed up early in the second so throw at least some hardness in Mansell or Baker back , but he did nothing about it . Fantasia kicks four on Short and some other spud three on Broad. He’s low in the IQ status for an AFL coach and I’m struggling to see how the panel picked him. It’s easy to see how he failed interviews in the past. He is making it harder for himself
LOL, just wondering how many Miller and Blight had kicked on them but you keep looking for anything you can to kick the coach.

You wanted Dimma gone and he is gone, new coach comes in and nothing changes with your attitude.

So the stage is yours dude, instead of continually coming in here bitching and moaning daily, how about you let us all know what your coaching panel would look like, cmon from the coach down but you wont cause you just plain don't know.

If you and the rest of the nellies were in charge of Richmond there would be 5-6 changes from week to week and 15-20 delistings/trades every single year, oh the team would go 0-23 every year too.

LOL, just wondering how many Miller and Blight had kicked on them but you keep looking for anything you can to kick the coach.

You wanted Dimma gone and he is gone, new coach comes in and nothing changes with your attitude.

So the stage is yours dude, instead of continually coming in here bitching and moaning daily, how about you let us all know what your coaching panel would look like, cmon from the coach down but you wont cause you just plain don't know.

If you and the rest of the nellies were in charge of Richmond there would be 5-6 changes from week to week and 15-20 delistings/trades every single year, oh the team would go 0-23 every year too.
lol I'm glad your happy . Always on here protecting the coach and not seeing the obvious. Dimma was lucky he still had a contract and they sacked the Assistants. He was sent to Harvard and was on Skype whilst Caracella and the new Assistants ran the show and new game plan. Have you already forgotten what happened? Read Konrad's book lol.
Rather than playing the man challenge the points i raised as you weaken any thing you have to say.
Also FYI and not challenging your literacy skills TT, but where have i stated i want Yze sacked?

Last edited:
Averaging 64 points a game to 102 against Yet continues to play slow , poorly skilled and plain substandard footballers .
Has a safety game plan of damage control boundary line football to cater for these players, but they still let him down bc of their shortcomings. Blight went passed half the team today lol.
As a new coach ... You need the support of the players ... Neeld showed what happens if you come through welding an axe
... first ... you privately and publicly support them and 'encourage' them to play your way

really positive results with Balta and Broad

secondly ... you drop ancillary players ... but reward them when they respond

really positive results with McIntosh, Koshitzke and Ralphsmith

thirdly ... with senior players, you need the team to be successful when you drop them or it completely backfires ... so the better option is often to trade them at the end of the year

Yze is doing it right ... he still has the support of most of the playing group

He has correctly identified and spoken publicly about our difficulties moving the ball out of the back half

Short has been named on the bench 3 weeks in a row ... just like McIntosh was before he was dropped ...

Maybe you can drop Graham this week for Prestia ... though very dangerous for a first year coach to drop a Vice Captain too ...

Much smarter to move Short to half forward this week and have Banks move to his HBF role. Team was competitive for 2 and a half quarters so I only expect one change.

IN: Prestia,
OUT: Dusty

Gray is coming off a 4 goal performance and would give the flexibility to move Balta back during the game

Coulthard is coming off a 25p, 5 cp, 5 tackle and a goal performance and his 4 quarter run is definitely needed.

Green had 5 goals, including 4 in the last ten minutes and a half forward that can kick a bag of goals is missing

But none of these players were standouts the week prior, so even though Campbell and MacAuliffe struggled and Sonsie had a poor disposal first half ... the way Yze backs players is to give them another week to right the ship ...

Campbell was good against Hawks so will stay for mine maybe MacAuliffe after being beaten up by the Blues big bodies won't get up for the trip but if he does ...

Sub: A smart move would be to make Graham sub and see whether he can have an impact in the second half when the oppo has tired legs

Note: at some point we need to find out how well Tresize can fill Vlastuin's shoes ... his form at VFL level suggests he can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol I'm glad your happy . Always on here protecting the coach and not seeing the obvious. Dimma was lucky he still had a contract and they sacked the Assistants. He was sent to Harvard and was on Skype whilst Caracella and the new Assistants ran the show and new game plan. Have you already forgotten what happened? Read Konrad's book lol.
Rather than playing the man challenge the points i raised as you weaken any thing you have to say.
Also FYI and not challenging your literacy skills TT, but where have i stated i want Yze sacked?
Keep coach bashing dude, there is no possible way you enjoy footy. I went yesterday and had a great day catching up with mates, you probs ranted and raved and blew a blood vessel or ten.

So go on instead of laughing at my post, tell us who is your coaching panel because quite obviously in your mind Yze is not up to the task. So cmon you're in charge of selecting the new panel for 2025 and beyond, who is the coach and the assistants.

As a new coach ... You need the support of the players ... Neeld showed what happens if you come through welding an axe
... first ... you privately and publicly support them and 'encourage' them to play your way

really positive results with Balta and Broad

secondly ... you drop ancillary players ... but reward them when they respond

really positive results with McIntosh, Koshitzke and Ralphsmith

thirdly ... with senior players, you need the team to be successful when you drop them or it completely backfires ... so the better option is often to trade them at the end of the year

Yze is doing it right ... he still has the support of most of the playing group

He has correctly identified and spoken publicly about our difficulties moving the ball out of the back half

Short has been named on the bench 3 weeks in a row ... just like McIntosh was before he was dropped ...

Maybe you can drop Graham this week for Prestia ... though very dangerous for a first year coach to drop a Vice Captain too ...

Much smarter to move Short to half forward this week and have Banks move to his HBF role. Team was competitive for 2 and a half quarters so I only expect one change.

IN: Prestia,
OUT: Dusty

Gray is coming off a 4 goal performance and would give the flexibility to move Balta back during the game

Coulthard is coming off a 25p, 5 cp, 5 tackle and a goal performance and his 4 quarter run is definitely needed.

Green had 5 goals, including 4 in the last ten minutes and a half forward that can kick a bag of goals is missing

But none of these players were standouts the week prior, so even though Campbell and MacAuliffe struggled and Sonsie had a poor disposal first half ... the way Yze backs players is to give them another week to right the ship ...

Campbell was good against Hawks so will stay for mine maybe MacAuliffe after being beaten up by the Blues big bodies won't get up for the trip but if he does ...

Sub: A smart move would be to make Graham sub and see whether he can have an impact in the second half when the oppo has tired legs

Note: at some point we need to find out how well Tresize can fill Vlastuin's shoes ... his form at VFL level suggests he can
I kind of agree with most of that, but there comes a time when enough is enough and form needs to come into play. KMAC has improved basically bc he was dropped.

Keep coach bashing dude, there is no possible way you enjoy footy. I went yesterday and had a great day catching up with mates, you probs ranted and raved and blew a blood vessel or ten.

So go on instead of laughing at my post, tell us who is your coaching panel because quite obviously in your mind Yze is not up to the task. So cmon you're in charge of selecting the new panel for 2025 and beyond, who is the coach and the assistants.
Well you sound grumpy considering you had a great day yesterday with friends watching us lose by ten goals. 😂 Again I have not said anything about sacking him and this is a negative thought that’s fixated in your head the minute someone raises any faults in a coach.

Yep sets low standards and can’t identify player’s weaknesses or strengths. Continue to play garbage like Short, JGTI, Mansell , Kmac and Broad. Too slow to make changes . You could see our small defenders were going to get chewed up early in the second so throw at least some hardness in Mansell or Baker back , but he did nothing about it . Fantasia kicks four on Short and some other spud three on Broad. He’s low in the IQ status for an AFL coach and I’m struggling to see how the panel picked him. It’s easy to see how he failed interviews in the past. He is making it harder for himself
we shouldve got buckely

gets sucked off by the umps and media

I kind of agree with most of that, but there comes a time when enough is enough and form needs to come into play. KMAC has improved basically bc he was dropped.

Yep ... I agree with the message ... though I think the way to do it is move Short to HF and make Graham sub ... sends the same message as dropping them ... and could solve some problems ... need more goals and Short knows how to put them through the sticks ... need impact and run in the second half and Graham with fresh legs could be up to the speed and quite influential ...

And don't forget Tresize is the only AFL listed VFL player with consistent form at the moment and while others are showing positive signs ... you need to be really confident the replacement will perform better.

Now replacing Graham the following week with Dusty would be a much smarter move if he didn't tear it up as sub

Game plan is dire as they come.

1. Kick in short
2. Long kick down the line
3 ???
4. Profit

Best case we get a boundary throw in on the wing. More likely case is an intercept mark or opposition sharks it at ground level.

Most boring football to watch. Rather get pumped by 90 points every game and show some dash and dare than this absolute tripe.

1. Kick in short
3 ???
4. Profit

Best case we get a boundary throw in on the wing. More likely case is an intercept mark or opposition sharks it at ground level.

Most boring football to watch. Rather get pumped by 90 points every game and show some dash and dare than this absolute tripe.
I’m glad genuine football observers can see this.

1. Kick in short
3 ???
4. Profit

All football is boring to watch these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back