Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Which science do you refer to?

You show me Gibcus landing and tell me how strength & conditioning would have averted injury.
I'm not going to drill down into bio mechanics if you are going to ignore basic sports science, conditioning and the accepted factors which reduce or potentially exacerbate acl's.

Ill let your own noose do the talking again.

I'm not going to drill down into bio mechanics if you are going to ignore basic sports science, conditioning and the accepted factors which reduce or potentially exacerbate acl's.

Ill let your own noose do the talking again.
You’ve been to the TigerImposter school of answer avoidance.
Seen that strategy many times before.

Look Albert Livonski Einstein you first tell us the game plan that Yze is implementing and we will start from there. I’m going grass roots level for you.

You’ve got nothing, as usual. No idea.

And when I see you put laughing emojis on my posts I know you’re cooked. Absolutely brainless, schoolboy behaviour

You’ve been to the TigerImposter school of answer avoidance.
Seen that strategy many times before.
hahaha classic. Whatever! How do you internally resolve asking for the challenge but then closing the doors shut when it comes?

Doesn't matter to me - I know how it is with the club based on my own discussions and common sense research. And everyone knows how much your account is pro-club irrespective of the facts.

That's where you sit and rot.

BTW don't take TigerImposter 's name in vein through me.

You’ve got nothing, as usual. No idea.

And when I see you put laughing emojis on my posts I know you’re cooked. Absolutely brainless, schoolboy behaviour
So nothing as you can’t even tell us the game plan?..? You started with the concept of a game plan , so what is it? Surely you’ve seen enough games to inform us all of it ?…?

hahaha classic. Whatever! How do you internally resolve asking for the challenge but then closing the doors shut when it comes?

Doesn't matter to me - I know how it is with the club based on my own discussions and common sense research. And everyone knows how much your account is pro-club irrespective of the facts.

That's where you sit and rot.

BTW don't take TigerImposter 's name in vein through me.
Stop as we’re talking to ourselves . 😂

Injecting a bit of optimism in here, for one I am impressed with how Yze goes about it, seems a real Ted Lasso type (without the over-the-top American optimism).

As we see with Adam Simpson, the AFL and general media are vultures, and the content that players and coaches give them is basically the bare minimum. We see 1%, if that.

That being said, Yze's messaging has been consistent and clear in backing his players to grow and develop, and implying how he is building a strong culture internally. A couple of recent examples that I think supports this:
  • The article that came out yesterday about Taranto bringing all the players together.
  • Yze's public support of players on the tough contract decisions they face, and advocating for a different model.

You don't build a culture from being publicly negative when you have a debilitating injury list and criticising players who are still developing and learning the structure. No team has won a flag with a big injury list, particularly leading into September. We undervalue how important it is for performance to have stability in the best 22 - Hawthorn's performance this year is an excellent example of this.

Judge Yze and the squad on how we perform after a pre-season with a couple of good draft picks and a (hopefully) healthy squad, don't pile on when we're down.
Showing support for first year head coach who has had just about everything go wrong for him

How Dare You Greta GIF

It’s not Yze’s fault we’re rubbish as these signs were obvious in 2021. The fish rots from the head and it came about bc the top became complacent and drank their own bath water. Eventually all the the decent assistants and fitness crew left bc DH was given the majority of the soft cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wouldn't know.
Most posters that see losses don't know why we are losing so resort to 'game plan' to sound intelligent.
The game plan (any game plan) only works when a) you've got the talent to follow it and b) the talent have played a bit with each other.
So when a player inexplicably turns it over with poor skills and the rest of the team are caught off guard is it the game plan's fault? Or is it the knucklehead who panicked under pressure?
On the defensive side the plan may well be to push up in their faces and pressure the ball carrier. If a tackle then slips or is weak and they break thru our defensive pressure, is it the game plan?

I know there's a cohort on here that love to rip into the coach, but really, that aint the problem.

I believe our gameplan will be focused on scoring from clearance whilst retaining the “Richmond Run” off half back.

Well that’s what it looks like to me anyway.

Yze apparently wanted to implement an ultra attacking midfield style at the Dees but Goodwin said no and wanted to work more defensively.

1720731135726.png

Adem Yze appears to be more a cheerleader than an AFL senior coach.

With Richmond’s fall from powerhouse to last on the AFL ladder now complete after just two wins in 17 rounds, the honeymoon is over for the first-year coach.

It’s clear Yze is desperate to be liked by his players and is afraid to publicly hold them accountable for unacceptable performances.

1720731226373.png

The first warning sign of Yze’s soft approach came after Richmond were annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine.

After consecutive defeats of 43 points against Melbourne and 54 points to Fremantle, it would have been reasonable for Yze to criticise his players and send a message that meek performances would not be acceptable. Standards need to be set early in a new coaching regime.

Surprisingly, Yze appeared satisfied with his players’ efforts.

“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.

This struck a concerning tone. Players could believe the coach was happy with their endeavours in a 91-point loss. It was not a shock that this disaster was followed by a season-high 119-point loss to the Brisbane Lions. At half-time, the score was 13 goals to two. The Richmond players had given up.

What did Yze expect after he had lowered the bar a week earlier? He had become a booster – and was slapped in the face for his cheerleading.

Yze’s approach contrasts sharply with that of successful coaches who don’t shy away from demanding the best from their players, even if it makes them unpopular.

The best coaches are respected, not necessarily liked, because they hold their teams to high standards. They push them to maximise their potential. Yze’s apparent fear of alienating his players seems to have created a lack of accountability. The result is Richmond’s dismal standing.

Former New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowl trophies with a demanding and sometimes brutal coaching style. This approach is detailed by former players in the documentary Dynasty, which explores the highs and lows of the Patriots across a 20-year period.

No matter what the score was, Belichick cared more about the things they were doing poorly than what they were doing well. He never let them get ahead of themselves.
1720731304426.png

“Most of the coaches in the NFL are coaching football, but he’s coaching warfare,” says former player Donte Stallworth. In a rare recorded team meeting, Belichick lived this theme.

“Now look,” he says, “I’m not saying we are in a war here, but I’m just telling you, understand how one stupid play, one stupid penalty, one mistake, ends it for us all.”

This ruthless style may not resonate with today’s more sensitive generation, but most successful AFL coaches have a hard edge. They are not looking to make friends with their players.

Geelong coach Chris Scott and Sydney’s John Longmire would not dare praise their players’ effort after a 91-point smashing.

Three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick did not spare his Gold Coast players after the two-point loss to North Melbourne: “It’s my job as a coach to sit there and demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiership favourites last week and then this week we let ourselves down.”

Hardwick put it all on the table: “I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f--- up to be perfectly honest.”

After a 51-point loss to Fremantle in the same round, Yze approach was the polar opposite: “I just spoke to the players around their effort, I couldn’t doubt their effort... We never turned our toes up, even the way we finished the game. I thought we were equal [for] inside 50s and time in the forward half, things like that. I thought we played the right way, even through [there’s] some frustration, but yeah their polish was just too good.”

This suggests the coach is too comfortable with mediocrity.

1720731423109.png

In another poor look, Yze celebrated a Shai Bolton goal in jubilation with his players on the bench. He is not a supporter. He is the coach and needs to act like one.

The Tigers’ next five seasons will be painful as they rebuild their list.

They need a coach who will drive them hard, hold them accountable, and refuse to accept anything less than their best. They need a coach, not a best friend.

Rebuilding coaches seldom last more than five seasons. Yze has no hope of bucking the trend unless he changes his approach.

View attachment 2045651

With Richmond’s fall from powerhouse to last on the AFL ladder now complete after just two wins in 17 rounds, the honeymoon is over for the first-year coach.

It’s clear Yze is desperate to be liked by his players and is afraid to publicly hold them accountable for unacceptable performances.

View attachment 2045652

The first warning sign of Yze’s soft approach came after Richmond were annihilated by 91 points against the Western Bulldogs in round nine.

After consecutive defeats of 43 points against Melbourne and 54 points to Fremantle, it would have been reasonable for Yze to criticise his players and send a message that meek performances would not be acceptable. Standards need to be set early in a new coaching regime.

“I just spoke to our players about our effort, and I can’t fault our effort. The boys are trying. It’s like they are trying hard ... I’ve said this over and over that we can’t fault the effort; it’s just the execution and our tackle technique,” Yze said post-match.

This struck a concerning tone. Players could believe the coach was happy with their endeavours in a 91-point loss. It was not a shock that this disaster was followed by a season-high 119-point loss to the Brisbane Lions. At half-time, the score was 13 goals to two. The Richmond players had given up.

What did Yze expect after he had lowered the bar a week earlier? He had become a booster – and was slapped in the face for his cheerleading.

Yze’s approach contrasts sharply with that of successful coaches who don’t shy away from demanding the best from their players, even if it makes them unpopular.

The best coaches are respected, not necessarily liked, because they hold their teams to high standards. They push them to maximise their potential. Yze’s apparent fear of alienating his players seems to have created a lack of accountability. The result is Richmond’s dismal standing.

Former New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick won six Super Bowl trophies with a demanding and sometimes brutal coaching style. This approach is detailed by former players in the documentary Dynasty, which explores the highs and lows of the Patriots across a 20-year period.

No matter what the score was, Belichick cared more about the things they were doing poorly than what they were doing well. He never let them get ahead of themselves.
View attachment 2045653

“Most of the coaches in the NFL are coaching football, but he’s coaching warfare,” says former player Donte Stallworth. In a rare recorded team meeting, Belichick lived this theme.

“Now look,” he says, “I’m not saying we are in a war here, but I’m just telling you, understand how one stupid play, one stupid penalty, one mistake, ends it for us all.”

This ruthless style may not resonate with today’s more sensitive generation, but most successful AFL coaches have a hard edge. They are not looking to make friends with their players.

Geelong coach Chris Scott and Sydney’s John Longmire would not dare praise their players’ effort after a 91-point smashing.

Three-time premiership coach Damien Hardwick did not spare his Gold Coast players after the two-point loss to North Melbourne: “It’s my job as a coach to sit there and demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiership favourites last week and then this week we let ourselves down.”

Hardwick put it all on the table: “I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f--- up to be perfectly honest.”

After a 51-point loss to Fremantle in the same round, Yze approach was the polar opposite: “I just spoke to the players around their effort, I couldn’t doubt their effort... We never turned our toes up, even the way we finished the game. I thought we were equal [for] inside 50s and time in the forward half, things like that. I thought we played the right way, even through [there’s] some frustration, but yeah their polish was just too good.”

View attachment 2045654

In another poor look, Yze celebrated a Shai Bolton goal in jubilation with his players on the bench. He is not a supporter. He is the coach and needs to act like one.

They need a coach who will drive them hard, hold them accountable, and refuse to accept anything less than their best. They need a coach, not a best friend.

Rebuilding coaches seldom last more than five seasons. Yze has no hope of bucking the trend unless he changes his approach.
Just seems like Cornes taking cheap shots from the sidelines at the easy targets without any actual thought or study looking at the bigger picture

View attachment 2045651

View attachment 2045652

View attachment 2045653

View attachment 2045654

Brilliant and glad he’s getting called out for his ball cupping. This is the net result from when standards drop from the top. Yze was put into the job with no set kpi's or future plans. When Dimma got the job the club had a five year plan and when it went awol they reviewed everything and demanded for improvement and success came. Everyone is asleep and some don't even care.

Last edited:
Brilliant and glad he’s getting called out for his ball cupping. This is the net result from when standards drop from the top. Yze was put into the job with no set kpi's or future plans. When Dimma got the job the club had a five year plan and when it went awol they reviewed everything and demanded for improvement and success came. Everyone is asleep and some don't even care.
How the hell would you or Cornes know what’s going on behind closed doors? Results are poor for sure, but blind Freddy can see why. No KPI’s? How the hell would you know that? You wouldn’t.

Ill bite.That has been the strangely repeated narrative on this site but hate to break reality to you and others but the current sport science is ACL's aren't just mysterious dumb luck/fate as you are inferring.

Something I've been asking alot about in recent times given similar circumstances.

Whilst its not a 100% perfect science, there is plenty to do with strength training and conditioning, and the risk can be minimised or conversely exacerbated depending on any non-negotiable demands/loading put on players.

I'll also say this. The plethora of other injuries, sending blokes back onto the field injured, slower than average (and blow out) rehabilitation times and other things we have seen are a massive red flag. But that's just common logic which I'm assuming you wouldn't dispute even if the science wasn't palatable.
ACL are being and have been studied at high levels at FIFA and UEFA , they don’t believe and have reported that there are a number of factors even the type of footwear worn during a game , if the average is 0.7 and we are running at 5 it’s not dumb luck, couple that to the “other” injuries it’s not bad luck , the correlation is it’s connected to strength and conditioning , over stressing the players etc .

If the club doesn’t review that part of its Organisation we are in for a world of pain

Even our best 22 wouldn't get close to finals people in fairyland. Not saying Yze could have did some things better without a doubt his a rookie coach to , but this trouble started at the end of 2021 we're the club went in the wrong direction. Alot of the problems Yze has inherited is because of complacency and accepting mediocre in the footy department and hierarchy.

How the hell would you or Cornes know what’s going on behind closed doors? Results are poor for sure, but blind Freddy can see why. No KPI’s? How the hell would you know that? You wouldn’t.
Excuse me what Cornes was stating is what the eyes and ears tell us. Well why didn't the club tell us them as in 2010 they told fans where the club was going? It Gave us hope and members bought into it and growth happened, debt become profits and long time failure became success. There was a large PDF given to us all back then. So why hasn't it happened? Why didn't they conduct a review back in 21 when we didn't make the 8 or definitely after last season? Everyone is asleep atm and when have you last heard a murmur of any positivity from Benny in where the club is heading. They've kept us ill informed recently so badly they can't even update us with proper player injury reports. If you're happy then you're basically at the 2016 level as your accepting poor results. It was when everything was reviewed that the success came. The 11% here that supported DH back then still haven't accepted the fact unless those changes after the review was made we still would be looking for our 11th flag.

Here is some information to enlighten you:

Excuse me what Cornes was stating is what the eyes and ears tell us. Well why didn't the club tell us them as in 2010 they told fans where the club was going? It Gave us hope and members bought into it and growth happened, debt become profits and long time failure became success. There was a large PDF given to us all back then. So why hasn't it happened? Why didn't they conduct a review back in 21 when we didn't make the 8 or definitely after last season? Everyone is asleep atm and when have you last heard a murmur of any positivity from Benny in where the club is heading. They've kept us ill informed recently so badly they can't even update us with proper player injury reports. If you're happy then you're basically at the 2016 level as your accepting poor results. It was when everything was reviewed that the success came. The 11% here that supported DH back then still haven't accepted the fact unless those changes after the review was made we still would be looking for our 11th flag.

Here is some information to enlighten you:

So in essence, you agree. You and Dickwad know nothing official about the inner workings and parameters that have been set at present. Purely guesses and assumptions

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back