Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

We have zero context to that moment … zero. It’s like everyone jumping up and down with Simmo’s comment to Reid before the presser, thinking he said “you’ve had your say” etc… when he was actually saying to Williams he had to get rid of his moustache ….

Maybe Nank had just said “I reckon Kosi will keep us in it with a goal here …” then he gets the ball and Nank says “Here it is!!” … and he kicks OOF - I’d have laughed as well as it’s bloody ironic. Bottom line is we have no idea of the context. We are bottom and spirits need to be kept up with plenty of laughs and enjoyment… if it cost us a finals berth then there’d have been no laughing.

Anyway … I prefer to see enjoyment and connection than frowns and anger with the position we are in. I saw frowns and anger with Watters at Saints, Neeld at Demons, Malthouse at Carlton, Pagan at Carlton, Leppitsch at Brisbane … no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That doesn’t make sense and again is opinion. You’re just making a story to suit the scene and if true then I would be even more confused. Game was still alive at time and it wasn’t the moment for that.

Wow talk about negative Nancy bro
No it was game on and not a bunch of mates watching the Grand National Steeplechase and a blokes horse loses the jockey and the mates all laugh. It was to me unnecessary and of no positive value. I’ve said my bit so move on.

You’re welcome to think that ok Bo. There’s a golden rule if there’s no positive gained from doing or saying something then don’t do or say it. Nobody has told me any positive from it to this stage. I just want Yze to remain focused on his coaching and building a game plan and team. Sunday I thought was a massive positive for us , but that was a dampener bc we were storming home and he needed to be concentrating on coaching. To me it was an ugly look and you’re welcome to gloss over it.
Nah , I’d like to see more attempt to put a winning f50 together ,,,leaving blight out meant we were locked in with Balta back, ooze has said himself he’d love to use him as follower and forward ,,,koz has helped improve and steely we’ve seen almost by accident ,,, that’s where I want the coach to focus , much to be done there , albeit options are limited , still , we gotta keep trying

Nah , I’d like to see more attempt to put a winning f50 together ,,,leaving blight out meant we were locked in with Balta back, ooze has said himself he’d love to use him as follower and forward ,,,koz has helped improve and steely we’ve seen almost by accident ,,, that’s where I want the coach to focus , much to be done there , albeit options are limited , still , we gotta keep trying
This is all Irrelevant to our conversation.

The irony in this thread is delicious.

A coach sharing a laugh when something amusing happens on the field is hardly worth getting upset about. It's a split second reaction that had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game.

If anything it sums up how our season has gone where everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong and then something like that happens and you're like FFS what else can go wrong.

The irony in this thread is delicious.

A coach sharing a laugh when something amusing happens on the field is hardly worth getting upset about. It's a split second reaction that had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game.

If anything it sums up how our season has gone where everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong and then something like that happens and you're like FFS what else can go wrong.
I took it as like it was Yze knowing exactly how Kozi felt in that situation and not laughing at him but laughing with him kinda situation

When he had done everything right and it just come off the side of the boot

I didn’t get any negative connotations at all from it

Personally I'm more worried about the players reaction at shanking a gettable goal like that. Kozi looked disappointed, what I would expect, but when Shai does it (all to frequently) he laughs and it irritates the shit out of me.
Coach and captain have a laugh on the bench, don't like it but in this shit season it doesn't worry me so much.

I took it as like it was Yze knowing exactly how Kozi felt in that situation and not laughing at him but laughing with him kinda situation

When he had done everything right and it just come off the side of the boot

I didn’t get any negative connotations at all from it
I didn’t have an issue with that , but praising our fitness staff today ………..well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t have an issue with that , but praising our fitness staff today ………..well
Not going to come out to the media. It’s what’s happening behind closed doors and end of season that matters.

Finally we know atleast one of our coaches roles

ziebell is the stoppages coach, how have we been in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Excellent since Hopper and Taranto came back. Tied with Blues, beat Freo and smashed GWS. Blues amd Freo are the 2 best stoppage teams in the league.

From the AFL site.
No about Yze, but it is about one of his assistants.

ASSISTANT COACH UNCERTAINTY
RICHMOND assistant coach David Teague's future at Punt Road is unclear as the Tigers head towards the end of their season.

The former Carlton head coach is out of contract at the Tigers having been alongside new coach Adem Yze in his first season at the helm.

Assistant coaches around the competition are reaching the point of the season where clubs give them indications on their futures, with significant change in the coaching ranks last off-season.

Teague joined Richmond at the end of 2021 after two and a half seasons as Carlton's senior coach, having taken on the role after a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach at four clubs.

Yze and Richmond added two assistants at the end of last season, with former Tigers skipper Chris Newman and ex-North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell joining its coaching panel.

Clubs informally tend to give notice to assistant coaches by the start of August on their plans for the following season. – Callum Twomey

From the AFL site.
No about Yze, but it is about one of his assistants.

ASSISTANT COACH UNCERTAINTY
RICHMOND assistant coach David Teague's future at Punt Road is unclear as the Tigers head towards the end of their season.

The former Carlton head coach is out of contract at the Tigers having been alongside new coach Adem Yze in his first season at the helm.

Assistant coaches around the competition are reaching the point of the season where clubs give them indications on their futures, with significant change in the coaching ranks last off-season.

Teague joined Richmond at the end of 2021 after two and a half seasons as Carlton's senior coach, having taken on the role after a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach at four clubs.

Yze and Richmond added two assistants at the end of last season, with former Tigers skipper Chris Newman and ex-North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell joining its coaching panel.

Clubs informally tend to give notice to assistant coaches by the start of August on their plans for the following season. – Callum Twomey
we'll wrap our arms around him and offer him a new contract, louie too who is doing a great job getting everyone fit and rehabilitated

Highlighted by Cornes on the footy show this morning, Yze's 'cheerleading' on the bench is not what we need. We need a coach who has good rapport with the players but is not always a 'pat on the back' type bloke.
How does he develop himself now to be a coach with a hard edge? It's going to be hard for him to change from a guy who is supportive, to a coach who can develop a decent game plan and demand a level of hardness that's needed for success in any sport.

Highlighted by Cornes on the footy show this morning, Yze's 'cheerleading' on the bench is not what we need. We need a coach who has good rapport with the players but is not always a 'pat on the back' type bloke.
How does he develop himself now to be a coach with a hard edge? It's going to be hard for him to change from a guy who is supportive, to a coach who can develop a decent game plan and demand a level of hardness that's needed for success in any sport.
Cornes wouldnt know shit. He's using a couple of clips from the bench I'm assuming (don't watch that bumbling baffoon)

You can do that stuff on the training track to an extent or after training or after meetings, but on game day you can't have that distraction. He needs to have his professional hat on and especially if game is alive. I still think he sets low standards and players can't take this bloke seriously if he's giggling at poor skill errors during a game. Game day he should be focussing on individual performances, tactical moves, strategies to improve etc etc and I'm not sure what positives carrying on like a giggling hyena brings to the table. He needs to raise the bar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back