Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

No gaps opened up bc of injury. Kmac is the proof. Nothing to do with Yze. He was basically nearly playing the same team as Dimma and mini with no look into the future. I’m not blowing smoke up Yze’s arse until I see another year of him . This year he’s been given a loss to me so he’s coming now from a negative situation than when he first arrived.
What about the support network for Yze above him etc, big shakeup for me very important we put the right people in place next to him.

What about the support network for Yze above him etc, big shakeup for me very important we put the right people in place next to him.
That’s why we needed to do a review last season and a complete overhaul of the FD. I think the club is putting the cart before the horse and putting money into the Development project rather than the FD.

Of course he should’ve been gone in 2016

No supporter can sit there following the previous 3 seasons and say the bloke should’ve been coach in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the same argument I have about Hinkley at Port. I don't think Port fans realise they have a coach as good as he is. Sometimes you do need the right luck and things come together in finals which Port haven't had, but most seasons he has them right up there. Premierships are bloody hard to win.

It’s an interesting one.
I too wanted him gone.
The success he had afterwards though, while magnificent, is the exception rather than the normal.
Feels like a few sides hang onto their coach because of what happened with us. Look at Port lol

It's been a tough year for Adem, but it has also given him the opportunity to have a look at some younger guys on our list. Can only hope that actually fast tracks our position in the long term with cuts and changes made to both on- and off-field personnel. I expect to see a better "team" come 2025, even if the results might not follow until 2026 onwards.

Yze specifically mentioned that our fans would be proud with our efforts up until 3qtr time and that was the part of the press conference Cornes had issue with

I find it odd because as a fan those are my exact feelings
I am proud of how we played up until 3qtr time and I suspect most fans feel exactly the same

If you listen or take any notice of what Cornes said you probably should be in a padded room. The campaigner retired early to pursue a career as a fireman only to fail the written exam because he is too dumb.

Yze specifically mentioned that our fans would be proud with our efforts up until 3qtr time and that was the part of the press conference Cornes had issue with

I find it odd because as a fan those are my exact feelings
I am proud of how we played up until 3qtr time and I suspect most fans feel exactly the same

Lmao. Cornes comes across as a miserable campaigner for slamming Yze for smiling and cheering.

FYI, I AM proud of our effort until 3 quarter time. That’s the view of quite a few Richmond supporters.

He can speak on his own behalf, but he can’t speak on our behalf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao. Cornes comes across as a miserable campaigner for slamming Yze for smiling and cheering.

FYI, I AM proud of our effort until 3 quarter time. That’s the view of quite a few Richmond supporters.

He can speak on his own behalf, but he can’t speak on our behalf.
Not just Cornes but our own supporters. Laughing and cheering not the end of the world.

What if Blues win it this year?
Coop And Cami Ask The World Lol GIF by Disney Channel

The issue is pretty simple & it’s not Yze’s fault.

Injuries to senior players & having to play the kids (not a bad thing long term) means we can’t sustain our competitive pressure for 4 quarters and we inevitably fade in the second halves.

I’ll start from round 7 where it’s a good place to kick off.

Scores inclusive of Q3 & Q4.

Us 2.6 v Melbourne 10.2 (Lost by 43)

Us 5.6 v Freo 9.5 (Lost by 54)

Us 3.4 v Dogs 10.6 (lost by 91)

Us 4.2 v Lions 13.2 (lost by 119)

Us 4.7 v Essendon 5.7 (lost by 12)

Us 3.2 v Cats 10.6 (lost by 30)

Us 7.2 v Crows 5.5 (won by 8)

Us 2.8 v Hawks 7.7 (lost by 48)

Us 4.8 v Carlton 13.3 (lost by 61)

Us 4.7 v Freo 9.4 (lost by 51)

Us 6.5 v GWS 8.2 (lost by 24)

Us 5.3 v Port 9.12 (lost by 41)

Quiet simply he doesn't have the cattle to complete 3 let alone 4 quarters.
All it takes is a few weak links in the chain and it can fall apart pretty quickly.
More often than not we are ultra defensive in Q4 as we simply run out of legs and can barely mount an attack in our forward half.
good post
I don't give a rats toss bag what anyone else says, (martin, sheezel, daicos types are freaks) but unless young players most of them anyway..... play 35-50 Games, they will lack consistency in effort and concentration and lack of preseason/s and lack of playing with familiar teammates/gameplan/tempo/structures also a massive factor.

We didn't play that badly, we just choked in finals.

He did a pretty good job to get us to finals contention so quickly, it would have been totally unrealistic for us to a expect a flag in those years when we simply weren't ready.
2016 we played bloody poorly i thought & they gave up the 2nd half of the year, much like 2021. The 3 prior we should have been top 4 twice & the run to make the 8 in 14 was about as fun as footy gets, especially the final win against sydney.

The final loses tho really exposed Dimma on selection & gameday coaching & to be honest that flaw was present during his entire tenure except for 17-20 when he, clearly had a A++ crew with McRae, Leppa, Kingsley etc

good post
I don't give a rats toss bag what anyone else says, (martin, sheezel, daicos types are freaks) but unless young players most of them anyway..... play 35-50 Games, they will lack consistency in effort and concentration and lack of preseason/s and lack of playing with familiar teammates/gameplan/tempo/structures also a massive factor.
Grounds, oppo, umps...

Of course he should’ve been gone in 2016

No supporter can sit there following the previous 3 seasons and say the bloke should’ve been coach in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In late July/August of 2016 the coaching staff were already told that they was going to be a cleanout to get some fresh voices in around Dimma. He was never getting sacked. One bad year after 3 finals campaigns (despite how they ended) doesn't call for sacking the coach.

Adem, if you’re in here, please drop Jayden Short. & please don’t use one of the kids as sub and give him 10 minutes.
& please for farrks sake don’t let the Daicos’ roam around doing as they want.
Thanks & all the best.

Adem, if you’re in here, please drop Jayden Short. & please don’t use one of the kids as sub and give him 10 minutes.
& please for farrks sake don’t let the Daicos’ roam around doing as they want.
Thanks & all the best.
Ok I will do that

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back