Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

The Yze & Dusty interaction people were talking about is with Livingstone

Got something you wanna tell us livo?

4c4285a327bc9762f149efebc7d49388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lots of interesting exchanges during after that game.

Yze & Dusty completely ignoring each other the most glaring. Dusty literally does the entire rounds the room shakes everyone's hand, goes over to where his coach is and they both never acknowledge each other at all. The awkwardness is clear as f-ing day. As soon as Newman entered, Newman and Dusty shake hands & Yze tries to stage left.

Newman's very awkward exchange with Dimma as well was a good one. The biggest bullshit " g'day mate" bullshit smile he gave Dimma as they shook hands and the face he pulls immediately afterwards, like, "whatever flog"

The retired & injured players all watching the game with absolutely zero interest, passion or interaction at any point throughout the whole game

Grimes sitting in the stands in street clothes watching the game with his wife & Astbury. This is a guy who was Captain before this season - not even watching the final game with his teammates

Pickett looking legit like he has already spent 3 months in jail. Bruises & cuts clearly on his face. Skin off color, eyes swollen. Got to wonder if his retirement is a sign that he knows he is about to head back to jail - he looked like a guy who had just realised his life is about to swing full circle again.

Balme not even being at the last game

Brandon Ellis deciding to go to Bali instead of turning up to his final game on an AFL list in a match where he can wave off both sets of fans & former teammates, coaches.

Was one of the weirdest days of footy i can remember to be honest. The people watching was far more interesting than the game.

Number 1 take away for me was, Adem Yze doesn't have a single bloke who has his back atm. dead man f-ing walking. And based on the pitiful season we just had and the fact he lost the entire playing group to the point where they are all "not" requesting trades, but they are all completely, totally cool if it does kinda happen...... worst season & position i have seen the club in, possibly ever.

Well done to all those supporters who golf clapped every questionable move over the past 3-4 seasons. You were warned of the paint peeling off the walls - but instead you live in the flames now. Well done lads. It was fun shitting on myself TigerImposter & SunshineBoy when you thought it won you imaginary browny points - but the sad reality is - you endorsed this shit show for 3 years and where we are at now is the end result of all those shitful decisions the club made. Was clear as day happening ti a bunch of us who know how to spectate and support at the same time.

This Is Fine GIF
Far out this is depressing... And pretty accurate.

One thing I'd say though, and I'm not yzes biggest fan but he was on a hiding to nothing with the senior guys and I think he has demonstrated that he is a fair and balanced guy who has protected them (too much), if those senior guys didn't make an effort to form relationships with Yze that's as much on them as it is on Yze. If they can't get over their Dimma obsession, so be it, let them leave.

The Yze & Dusty interaction people were talking about is with Livingstone

Got something you wanna tell us livo?

4c4285a327bc9762f149efebc7d49388.jpg

well done people just wanna blame Yze this and vfl etc

Where's the video?

Just before the 3 hr mark on kayo

Dusty is hugging everyone, then completely ignores livo who barely made any effort.

But for all we know, they had their moment off screen, so can’t really read that much into it.

Far out this is depressing... And pretty accurate.

One thing I'd say though, and I'm not yzes biggest fan but he was on a hiding to nothing with the senior guys and I think he has demonstrated that he is a fair and balanced guy who has protected them (too much), if those senior guys didn't make an effort to form relationships with Yze that's as much on them as it is on Yze. If they can't get over their Dimma obsession, so be it, let them leave.
I think that's the issue with some senior players, they were sad to see Dimma leave but failed to accept a new coach to lead the club or work towards a new game plan. The younger guys seemed interested in forming a bond with the new coach.

If the senior players aren't happy with playing under another coach, they can join Suns.

I'm done on this bloke. His coaching has been pretty pisspoor. his pressers & ability to inspire has been non existent. He appears to have no meaningful relationships with any of the players, or even his own assistants team. His chemistry in the club is about as stinky as it gets.

Did anyone see the very awkward interaction of Dusty & Yze while he was doing the rounds in the lockeroom? Dusty shook hands and acknowledged everyone, & vice versa, except for Yze. neither of them look at each other, acknowledge each other at all. Door behind them opens and its Newman who acknowledges Dusty immediately, while Yze tries to dart through the door inbetween them & then Dusty leaves.

Yze stood like a man without a mate in the room.
Mate people may not like it , but Martin hasn't covered himself in glory this year. I'll say it how it is. Looked unfit, injured and not interested. Going to NZ while injured to was unprofessional. Remember no one bigger then the club. Simple whoever wants out see ya later. You been to football clubs not all staff and players get along with other. The part about no meaningful relationships with players and assistant coaches is utter bs.You got blinkers on only on Yze.

Last edited:
Just went back to look for it as I was emotionally screwed at the time. It happens around 3hrs into Kayo replay after Johnson stops waffling on and Dermie starts up again. It’s sick viewing and there was definitely something not right between them and possibly him with other senior players.
All these players need to go or it easier for him to go? He’s got no hope if players are not onboard.
Been saying for a while we got a few bad apples in that senior group not on the same page.

very poor has struggled to translate his tactics onto the field during game day players unwilling to implement structure communication a big part of that

Only redeeming feature people have offered is he sticks fat well last presser he may have departed somewhat from that trait

Shocking first year rookie coach big preseason of self reflection good luck to him hope he can turn himself around has got a lot to evaluate for himself

I do not think the club will leave it up for him to do the best thing as they have brought in an insurance policy with Blake Caracella who had intimated the top coaching job is now not out of question but amazing how the Joe Biden protection team had kicked in after such a deplorable effort

Poor on Yze only ??.
Why didn't the club support him more or give him media training etc
The club has left him to the wolves at times this year.

Can’t believe how negative people are towards a 1st year senior coach that was set up to fail.

1. Premiership players with zero hunger on worsened when their 3x premiership coach bailed in time to avoid the inevitable hitting of rock bottom. It was always going to be a struggle for Yze to build relationships with the older boys and to get much out of them.
2. Amateur bordering on negligent fitness staff. No team could handle that many injuries to key players.
2.Constant trade rumours surrounding the few talented players we have left on the list.
3. A complete lack of quality kids to be optimistic about (which was inevitable after a sustained period of success).
4. 2 senior assistant coaches that offered him nothing (Teague+Rutten)
5. Instability off field. Brendon Gale had long checked out and was looking forward to his new role with a new club in Tassie. Neil Balme health battles and the fact he may have been pushed to retire.

I honestly don’t see how any 1st year coach no matter who it was could succeed given the circumstances.
Someone without blinkers on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only bed wetting i have seen is the club as they have been too scared to get up and take themself potty, incase the bogeyman jumps out from under their bed to eat their toes. So instead they have laid in their own filth all year, too scared to ask mommy for help cleaning the sheets. Its been a total disaster and one that was completely foreseeable & avoidable to anyone who doesn't grin and purr at every move they make.

Worst ****ing season in our history and you want to act like it was all part of the plan. First season in our history where we failed to win a single game against any another Victorian team. Least amount of wins at the MCG in our history.

Traded in 2 blokes for 4 top picks to stay competitive, only to lose 3 better and younger players 2 years later for barely any better picks. From any rating, this is as bad as any season i have seen since 1996 Fitzroy, who folded that same year. How dejected the players and club looked after & during the game was about at the level the bombers looked when they were done for taking peptides and the entire team fell to poop.

If you want to sit around smiling and nodding while the club melts into a puddle of pus, feel free to. But what are you legit doing on a forum if you don't want to have an opinion & need to cry & sook over others that do?

& if your opinion isn't "this is the worst Richmond season since we had to shake cans to survive", then you are not being very honest to yourself. There is absolutely no positives from this year. None. Only player who improved was Mansell who, quite frankly, has a "Jake King" level ceiling on himself. We had legends retire early, the next tier of leaders requesting to leave & all our free agent signings went backwards and are already worth 50% or more, less in value than we paid for them.

but if you reckon we are all a bunch of bed wetters, then ...... sure. keep on smiling, grinner:tearsofjoy:

creepy smile GIF by Charlie Mars
90% off what you said is nothing to do with Yze.

He’s trying so hard to avoid Dusty so I’d love to know if he’s played some role in the retirement

Perhaps Livingstone wasn't happy with Martin's performance this year. Who knows what happened.

Few months ago, Yze seemed keen to keep Martin for another year

Poor on Yze only ??.
Why didn't the club support him more or give him media training etc
The club has left him to the wolves at times this year.
He got well looked after by the media it is what is in the control of the coach you assess and he has been very poor

hopefully he can turn it around for himself get the players on board to play for him at least today he was at Willy looking at two Richmond coaches at play did not see him taking notes unfortunately

Masterful display by Plappy, Willy at Willy on a windy day the Seagulls are super hard opponent

Just before the 3 hr mark on kayo

Dusty is hugging everyone, then completely ignores livo who barely made any effort.

But for all we know, they had their moment off screen, so can’t really read that much into it.
It wouldn't be Big Footy if people didn't read into things based of a brief piece of footage.

For all we know when Dusty was in the games before the game they could have very well caught up given that the assistants and Yze would have been busy with meetings and the like, while Gale and other board members would have been in the Presidents Function so didn't have the chance to catch up, but maybe I'm just using a bit too much logic about how things may have happened yesterday given we're talking about professionals who would have been focused on their game day roles regardless of the situation the club was in i.e. last game of the year or first game of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back