Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MATTAES PHILLIPOU!!

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourites already and he's only been here 5 minutes

Can't wait to watch him and Windhager will this side across the line time and time again in a few years

SNoFIzy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranked #1 for June and July according to:

With his performances on the board, mix of attributes, influence on games across multiple positions and rapid rate of improvement, Phillipou possesses arguably the highest ceiling in this draft and narrowly holds the top spot. Not viewed on club draft boards as a consensus top-5 selection at this stage, Phillipou at No. 1 is a selection unique to this draft board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sh*t, he smashed the combine!

Woodville-West Torrens’ Mattaes Phillipou has underlined his exciting athleticism with the release of the top South Australian results from the 2022 NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Tipped to be the first Croweater selected in this year’s AFL National Draft, Phillipou was the only SA player to break the three-second barrier in the 20m sprint with a time of 2.993 while also finishing in the top five in four of the five test categories.

The long-kicking left-footer registered the highest leap of 83cm in the Running Vertical Jump with his right hand while placing second with 87cm behind South’s Will Verrall with his left hand.

Phillipou, the son of former Eagles and Port Adelaide forward Sam Phillipou, also displayed his endurance by finishing third among SANFL prospects for the 2km time trial with a time of 6:25.

1669629892756.png

1669629916479.png

1669629930974.png

Lets hope so

Everything I have watched he seems to be self confident not cocky. I love that he looks down the camera or into eyes and talks with real comfort in himself. Taking kids with neurotic tendencies and self esteem issues keeps you out of the papers for off field incidents but takes you out of them for your on field performances too.

This guy has the right temperament to be a star. Just need the game to match the attitude now.

Everything I have watched he seems to be self confident not cocky. I love that he looks down the camera or into eyes and talks with real comfort in himself. Taking kids with neurotic tendencies and self esteem issues keeps you out of the papers for off field incidents but takes you out of them for your on field performances too.

This guy has the right temperament to be a star. Just need the game to match the attitude now.
He is in good hands with Lyon - Hayes & Harvey

Get the feeling the Pou and Higgo will get on like a house on fire.

Not to mention we have a healthy gaggle of SA players now, surely helps in reducing flight risk.

Unreal selection, looks like a star in the RWB.
Already friends with NWM which should help.

I'd house him with Hayes to start with too. The guy is a WWT legend. That connection should help him settle in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MATTAES PHILLIPOU!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back