Welcome to the AFL, Robbie McComb

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea who that is?

One of the great shows from my childhood... revisited with appropriate substance support as a 20-something re-watching with mates!

Lead character is HR Puff n Stuff, a green Dragon who is also the mayor of Living Island, where most objects are alive. The human is a young Jack Wild (of movie "Oliver" fame), who played Jimmy, drawn to the island by their nemesis:

images - 2024-09-30T195608.283.jpeg

The nemesis was Witchie Poo, an incompetent witch with even more incompetent hench-creatures:

images - 2024-09-30T195705.144.jpeg

There's only about 16 episodes, my kids enjoyed it when young, was a Sid and Marty Kroft production.

They denied any substance influence during its creation. I think they were fibbing... ! 😉🤔😆

One of the great shows from my childhood... revisited with appropriate substance support as a 20-something re-watching with mates!

Lead character is HR Puff n Stuff, a green Dragon who is also the mayor of Living Island, where most objects are alive. The human is a young Jack Wild (of movie "Oliver" fame), who played Jimmy, drawn to the island by their nemesis:

View attachment 2127208

The nemesis was Witchie Poo, an incompetent witch with even more incompetent hench-creatures:

View attachment 2127210

There's only about 16 episodes, my kids enjoyed it when young, was a Sid and Marty Kroft production.

They denied any substance influence during its creation. I think they were fibbing... ! 😉🤔😆

Come on Geoff, I reckon you were too old for HR Puff n Stuff first time around unless you had younger brothers or sisters and watched as a guilty pleasure 🤪
Same with the Banana Splits, Lidsville (with Eddie from The Munsters) and The Bugaloos.

Come on Geoff, I reckon you were too old for HR Puff n Stuff first time around unless you had younger brothers or sisters and watched as a guilty pleasure 🤪
Same with the Banana Splits, Lidsville (with Eddie from The Munsters) and The Bugaloos.

Not sure how old you think I am D13?! 😲😄

Probably watched the first rerun of it on local tv in the early 70s. Big fan of Banana Splits too, but never watched the other two shows. Krofts also produced Sigmund the Sea Monster, but not as memorable as their 'early' stuff! 😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how old you think I am D13?! 😲😄

Probably watched the first rerun of it on local tv in the early 70s. Big fan of Banana Splits too, but never watched the other two shows. Krofts also produced Sigmund the Sea Monster, but not as memorable as their 'early' stuff! 😄

Mea Culpa

View attachment 2127208

View attachment 2127210

They denied any substance influence during its creation. I think they were fibbing... !
I would have voted for Witchiepoo for Mayor!

I loved Lidsville too. We used to watch it in the common room of my dorm in college on Saturday mornings.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the AFL, Robbie McComb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back