Welcome to the Bulldogs Arthur Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

What's his ceiling ?

Can he be as good Shai Bolton or is that stretch?
The kid has all the tools and a serious engine and is not yet 20. He’s been influential in the last 2 games and a last qtr star… Sky’s the limit imo

He compares very well to Shai at the same stage of their careers. Arthur Jones and Shai Bolton AFL Stats Comparison
I remember someone here posing the question whether we should try to get Shai Bolton a few years ago (maybe 2019 or 2020). At the time Bolton wasn't getting regular games and maybe had some "issues" so he was thought to be gettable. He would have been a very handy pickup for a second or third rounder!

The comparison is instructive but Arty is a different player and will have to find his own way to stardom. It will be unfortunate if the Arty bubble gets too big too quickly. Especially if Arty buys into all that BS.

He seems down to earth enough. Let's hope he stays grounded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember someone here posing the question whether we should try to get Shai Bolton a few years ago (maybe 2019 or 2020). At the time Bolton wasn't getting regular games and maybe had some "issues" so he was thought to be gettable. He would have been a very handy pickup for a second or third rounder!

The comparison is instructive but Arty is a different player and will have to find his own way to stardom. It will be unfortunate if the Arty bubble gets too big too quickly. Especially if Arty buys into all that BS.

Living with Weightman is very important. Weightman has maturity beyond his years.

What's his ceiling ?

Can he be as good Shai Bolton or is that stretch?
I can definitely see elements of Shai Boltons game in the way he can gather balls and change direction at full pace, he also has the same endeavor and creativity when it comes to keeping the play alive.
I don't think he has the aerial game or the field kicking skills of Bolton but we don't really want him flying for marks in our forward line anyway.

I can definitely see elements of Shai Boltons game in the way he can gather balls and change direction at full pace, he also has the same endeavor and creativity when it comes to keeping the play alive.
I don't think he has the aerial game or the field kicking skills of Bolton but we don't really want him flying for marks in our forward line anyway.
I think I remember him getting quite high in the last couple of weeks on one occasion. I don't remember the opposition but do remember being impressed with that. But you are right. He does not need to do that with our talls.

I was advocating that we try and trade for Shai Bolton a couple years ago for the small forward role. Think that I was among a couple of others on that one though. Would have been a good pick up but realistically at the time it would have been difficult to get him to move to the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Arthur Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back