Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Dodo’s last year as Essendon’s list manager, he accidentally gave us the steal of the draft, while trying to take our academy pick Lual out of spite.

Freijah has already shown signs that he will be an elite player, no doubt in my mind.
Yeah, funny now to have seen the almost gloating of Dodo & crew, who must wonder now how the wool was pulled over their eyes 🤭

Dogs apparently didn't try to push up higher in the draft to get Lual, "conceding" that Essertin would trump them.

In truth, we were never going to take Lual, instead just waiting for Joel The Smokey Freijah to bob up.

Man I'm disappointed that Dodo only lasted 36 years with the Bombres 😕

Love how he gets hold of the ball and takes a long, cool drink of "Calm the F**k' down' like he's Matthew feckin Boyd and not some 18 year old kid
He’s got the ingredients to be elite - time, composure, great vision, great decision making and a beautifully weighted kick. Will be one of the first selected each week before long.

I think this guys ceiling is much higher than playing at half back or on the wing. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he finds a place as a starting mid wrecking ball. Especially after Treloar hangs up the boots. The idea of a future that has him and Richards punching away from centre bounces is tantalising.

I think this guys ceiling is much higher than playing at half back or on the wing. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he finds a place as a starting mid wrecking ball. Especially after Treloar hangs up the boots. The idea of a future that has him and Richards punching away from centre bounces is tantalising.

Definitely has that scope to develop as a starting mid. He has shown ability to move through traffic with ease.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In Dodo’s last year as Essendon’s list manager, he accidentally gave us the steal of the draft, while trying to take our academy pick Lual out of spite.

Freijah has already shown signs that he will be an elite player, no doubt in my mind.
He is such a toss. As good as the early bid on Irving Mosquito, Hawthorn laughed so hard as they said “go ahead take him”.

Joel happy to take responsibility for high risk kicks, and nearly always nailing them. Rarely makes poor decisions as well. Will be interesting when oppo teams cotton on to him, and potentially play a defensive forward on him, like JJ and Dale have experienced. I reckon he'd just use a 'don't argue' Naughton-style, and carry on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Back