Welcome to the Bulldogs Joel Freijah

Remove this Banner Ad

Love his confidence

Started a little shaky but you could see him settle and away he went.

Agree, thought early on that he missed a couple of opportunities ie crapy spoiling attempt and could have marked. After Cleary came on Cleary went to full back line and Freijah seemed to play a bit higher up then settled into game second half. Hope we gets another crack next week

Adjusted quickly offensively, neat skills, good decision-making, and good under pressure. Big tick debut.

Defensive contest work is a worry, I see why they're giving him experience down back. I suspect against better sides we need to play him further up the field to stop that matchup getting exploited, but I'd keep him in. He's got it.

Adjusted quickly offensively, neat skills, good decision-making, and good under pressure. Big tick debut.

Defensive contest work is a worry, I see why they're giving him experience down back. I suspect against better sides we need to play him further up the field to stop that matchup getting exploited, but I'd keep him in. He's got it.
There was one play where he got caught by a player marking in front of him. I had to check whether it was him or JOD.

Straight away he knew. I think what he knew was that the time difference between stimulus and reaction is cut in half at this level. I think this game was very beneficial for him ... and us.

Best thing about his game last night was his ability to stand up in tackles on a few occasions, plus at least twice he still hit a target when hand balling it off. Solid debut overall!

Building nicely.

Doesn’t panic. Great size. Seems to have time and space when he gets the ball.
AFL Telstra tracker

15.3km covered - Equal 2nd on the ground
2.5km at high speed - 5th
8.6kmph average offensive speed - 4th
8.9kmph avrage defensive speed - 3rd

Remarkable numbers for a first year players so seems to already have elite fitness.

AFL Telstra tracker

Remarkable numbers for a first year players so seems to already have elite fitness.
You want the ball in his hands. Dale mk2 when he gets a few more games under his belt.

Happy with him so far; just a good, solid player straight off the bat. Starting to have some moments that are more impactful as well. Excited to see where he ends up.

He’s performing at AFL level at 18 years old to a standard you’d be happy with from a first round pick, let alone a third. Obviously very early but looking like a tick for Milesi.

He’s performing at AFL level at 18 years old to a standard you’d be happy with from a first round pick, let alone a third. Obviously very early but looking like a tick for Milesi.
Joel "Big Shorts" Freijah is going great for a five game player.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy with him so far; just a good, solid player straight off the bat. Starting to have some moments that are more impactful as well. Excited to see where he ends up.

He has had a couple of howlers when he has had to make a difficult decision but that is purely an inexperience thing and not a skill thing. He also hasn't been letting mistakes get to him which is great to see from a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has had a couple of howlers when he has had to make a difficult decision but that is purely an inexperience thing and not a skill thing. He also hasn't been letting mistakes get to him which is great to see from a kid.
Had another guy who has very good disposal that used to make the odd howler when he was first getting into the side. He goes alright now.

AFL Telstra tracker

Those are amazing numbers for one so young. 84% TOG as well. He's going to cause some problems for the opposition down the track.

He still looks like a nervous first year player every time he has the ball tbh but that’s fine. It’s exactly what he is. Once he comes out of his shell and uses that weapon of a leg like he’s capable of when full of confidence, you’ll see a really good player.

Think people are blowing smoke up his ass a bit atm. He’s not playing poorly by any sense but still not the most assured with it. Has certainly been on an upward trajectory though.

I do enjoy the high shoulder low neck sprint which is Libba-ish.

Agree with the many we found a player here at bargain price at that . I seen him live now a few times and I would say his composure with ball in hand for a young first year player is what make me believe he has massive future upside just a question of what position he eventually settles in .

Agree with the many we found a player here at bargain price at that . I seen him live now a few times and I would say his composure with ball in hand for a young first year player is what make me believe he has massive future upside just a question of what position he eventually settles in .
Think he will take one of the wings long term, such a good kick could be great for the I50 kick to link up with the forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back