Welcome to the Bulldogs Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Not against getting Kennedy but we let go Macrae and Daniel for need for speed and Matt is not that sort of player. I guess it is more we let Macrae and Daniel go to fee up some salary cap space

Not against getting Kennedy but we let go Macrae and Daniel for need for speed and Matt is not that sort of player. I guess it is more we let Macrae and Daniel go to fee up some salary cap space
There's 2 key reasons. Kennedy is 3 years younger and in his theoretical prime and would be significantly cheaper salary wise.

The problem with losing Jacko are the strong sentimental feelings from an all time great and premiership hero of the club. From a pure on-field perspective over the next 3-5 years, it's a no-brainer.

Chugga was a victim of circumstance unfortunately. He didn't fit into our midfield mix but he will compliment yours quite well.

Does most things well with the only caveat being that he is slower than the average AFL footballer (as stated by most other Carlton posters in here).

He gets enough of the ball, can lay a tackle and can kick a goal so I'm sure he'll be a genuine asset for you guys going forwards. Not to mention he's a great clubman and a popular figure. Hope he goes well!

Welcome Matt!

As more or less a swap for Macrae, he's now the final piece of the Jordan McMahon gift.

He finished up at Carlton with 99 games, so if we can get him to 100 for the F/S, maybe the gift will live on...

All jokes aside, seems like a top bloke and no doubt will be best 22 and add some hardness and size. All the best in the red, white and blue Matt!
Can you explain what the Jordan McMahon gift means? I missed the pub. Thanks!!!

Can you explain what the Jordan McMahon gift means? I missed the pub. Thanks!!!
When we traded McMahon to Richmond, the pick we got was Callum Ward. When Ward went to GWS, the compensation pick was Jack Macrae, now Macrae's pick has become Matt Kennedy.

You hope for a 200 game player when you trade out an established player for a pick. You don't expect 400 games from it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better overhead than CD and Jacko.

He definitely is. Bam Bam is a fantastic contested mark grabber, esp for a player of his size.

He is also a great club man who will go out of his way to encourage the kids when they have done an on field blue (pun not intended)

He is a glue guy that not only as a hard worker, he has a great and fun personality that will lift the moral and chemistry at your club (something I felt has been amiss at the Kennell the past couple of seasons)

You have a lot of talented/if arguably understrength kids on your list, Bam Bam will definitely help fly the flag for them no doubt.

An astute pick up for Bevo and your recruiting/coaching staff.

He won't let you down and I wish him all the best in the tri-colours !!!

He definitely is. Bam Bam is a fantastic contested mark grabber, esp for a player of his size.

He is also a great club man who will go out of his way to encourage the kids when they have done an on field blue (pun not intended)

He is a glue guy that not only as a hard worker, he has a great and fun personality that will lift the moral and chemistry at your club (something I felt has been amiss at the Kennell the past couple of seasons)

You have a lot of talented/if arguably understrength kids on your list, Bam Bam will definitely help fly the flag for them no doubt.

An astute pick up for Bevo and your recruiting/coaching staff.

He won't let you down and I wish him all the best in the tri-colours !!!

That's great to hear.

I'll be happy for him to fly the flag...especially against one snivelling little blond haired show pony p**** down the highway. Deposit him in the second row.

It's always interesting that some players get well wishes when they leave from supporters. Kennedy seems pretty loved by Blues fans, I feel Macrae and Daniel are treated the same way by us.

Hope he goes well for you guys and I hope he gets the mid time he wants.

He has his limitations (lack of speed) hence why you got him for pick 38 but he’s a very good player and very versatile. What he’s strong at he does very well (strong contested extractor, tough tackler, good overhead mark, solid kick).

Will float between midfield and half forward for you guys like with us but presumably he’s been offered more mid time to make the move because he played every game for us this year. He finished top 10 in our BnF and won best clubman. I think of all the players we’ve leaked in recent years he’s the best of the bunch and he might quickly become a fan favourite for you guys. Usually I don’t feel compelled to post on oppo boards but I’m disappointed to lose Kennedy.
Thanks Blue by Blood and other Carlton supporters. Great to see how well respected he is and sounds a great acquisition for us as a strong competitive player and can do defensive mid. Kennedy to Richards / treloar / bont , tick 👍

The locker room stuff is more important than a lot realise in a football club. This is a major win for our club next season with Kennedy. From the outside looking in Rory Lobb, Taylor Duryea. Adam Treloar and Liam Jones all look like ripper blokes, interestingly all from other clubs. Cody Weightman and Ed Richards? From the premiership era Mitch Wallis, Liam Picken, Jordan Roughead and Dale Morris seemed like ripping blokes to have around a footy club.
Bont is the obvious leader and sometimes has to be slightly more than just a player, but great teammates are invaluable to a football club.

The locker room stuff is more important than a lot realise in a football club. This is a major win for our club next season with Kennedy. From the outside looking in Rory Lobb, Taylor Duryea. Adam Treloar and Liam Jones all look like ripper blokes, interestingly all from other clubs. Cody Weightman and Ed Richards? From the premiership era Mitch Wallis, Liam Picken, Jordan Roughead and Dale Morris seemed like ripping blokes to have around a footy club.
Bont is the obvious leader and sometimes has to be slightly more than just a player, but great teammates are invaluable to a football club.
Helps to have a guy like Arty there too, likeable guys who bring their own energy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back