Welcome to the Bulldogs Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Might have gone a bit early with that username old mate.
1000% was looking promising early but now

trainwreck GIF

We'd like to get games into Cooper Lord who's basically a younger Kennedy but a far better runner. Obviously not as good as this stage but the club has a lot of faith in him.

Plus Elijah and Ollie Hollands who are looking for mid minutes.

Cowan expected to move up the ground too whether it be wing or on ball in coming years.

Then we have pick 3 this year, and we have a freak F/S coming in 2026 who's widely tipped to go at the very pointy end of the draft.

Kennedy is a very good player and imo will be a good addition as a Macrae replacement, but it was the right time for the Blues to move him on.
Who’s your 2026 gun father son?

Looks like a 2 on the back of his jumper in the Jones vid, so I think he’ll be number 26 from what we have available
I saw a 4, and it's probably a spare jumper with a number beginning with 4 that was assigned to nobody.

Western Bulldogs recruit Matt Kennedy says he is looking forward to a fresh start in Footscray.

The 27-year-old became a Bulldog in the dying minutes of the 2024 Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period last week, landing at his third club after stints at GWS and Carlton.
“About a week ago I got the call from Bevo and Sammy. I had a really good chat with them and really liked their direction and the pitch they put forward to me,” he said on his first day at the Kennel.

“My manager sort of told me it could possibly be a late one – when he said late I didn’t know it was going to come down to the last four minutes so I had a bit of a heart attack there.

“It's pretty awesome - it's going to take a bit to get used to I think, but it's just exciting for me. It's a bit of a fresh start once again...I’m just really excited for the opportunity.”
Having played 118 AFL games across his nine-year career, Kennedy said he’s not finished learning.

“I think I can learn a lot (from the midfield group), but also it’s a young, hungry group which I think we can drive the standards together and make each other better - that really appeals to me,” he said.

“I think a club that’s had this much success, obviously there’s got to be a good culture and strong relationships with both players and coaches.

“I’m looking forward to writing a bit of my own story here.”

I saw a 4, and it's probably a spare jumper with a number beginning with 4 that was assigned to nobody.
[Bont walks into Bevo's office]

MB: Hi boss, you um - obviously - wanted something?

LB (shifts uneasily in his chair): Yeah Marcus, take a seat.
This may sound a bit weird but I was just wondering how you'd ummm, whether you'd ... err ... like a change of ... ahhh ... number?

MB: What, you mean jumper number?

LB: Ummm, yeah ... you see we had to do a bit of cajoling to get Bam Bam over the line and he said he'd always wanted to play in number 4, so I ... we, ummm ... we were sort of thinking ... well, actually we ahhh ... sort of promised that ... ummm ...

MB: You want him to wear - obviously - number four?

LB: Well since you put it like that, ummm, yes. What do you think mate? He's a great bloke. A really great bloke. He'll be good for the culture here. So good for the club. What do you think?

MB: I dunno. I mean I've obviously had that number since I walked in the door. Lots of kids obviously wear it on their backs because of me. You know?

LB: There's lots of great numbers available mate. You can take your pick. There's Chooka's 8, there's Caleb's 35. But I was thinking you might ... maybe want to resurrect some club pride in number 6.

MB: I mean that's obviously Baz's jumper. You want me to wear that!

LB: Think of it as a leadership challenge Marcus. You can be the one that restores some pride in a famous jumper. Charlie Sutton wore it. Wee Georgie wore it. The smiling assassin - and failed goalkicking coach - wore it. And think of all the new jumper sales the merch department will get. Think of how selfless you'll look!

MB: Well obviously, when you obviously put it like that ...

LB: I knew you'd see the sense in it! What a man. What a leader!

MB: Is that all boss?

LB: Yeah, umm ... actually no, there was something else. I wanted to have a chat about ... ummm ... the captain's role and what Chugga might be sort of ... able to offer. (10 seconds of tense silence ensues)

But naah, haha! Hey we can always talk about that another day, eh? Haha!

MB: (uncertainly): OK, boss. See ya.

LB: Yeah, see ya Marcus. And look, I'm grateful. I really am. Oh, and while you're headed that way could you drop this in on Chugga for me mate?

MB: What is it?

LB: Oh, nothing much, just the publisher's contract for Chugga's new kid's book "Little Chugga Changes Clubs" It's coming out real soon. He'll be expecting it and it'll save me the walk. Thanks mate, you're a legend.

Western Bulldogs recruit Matt Kennedy says he is looking forward to a fresh start in Footscray.

The 27-year-old became a Bulldog in the dying minutes of the 2024 Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period last week, landing at his third club after stints at GWS and Carlton.
“About a week ago I got the call from Bevo and Sammy. I had a really good chat with them and really liked their direction and the pitch they put forward to me,” he said on his first day at the Kennel.

“My manager sort of told me it could possibly be a late one – when he said late I didn’t know it was going to come down to the last four minutes so I had a bit of a heart attack there.

“It's pretty awesome - it's going to take a bit to get used to I think, but it's just exciting for me. It's a bit of a fresh start once again...I’m just really excited for the opportunity.”
Having played 118 AFL games across his nine-year career, Kennedy said he’s not finished learning.

“I think I can learn a lot (from the midfield group), but also it’s a young, hungry group which I think we can drive the standards together and make each other better - that really appeals to me,” he said.

“I think a club that’s had this much success, obviously there’s got to be a good culture and strong relationships with both players and coaches.

“I’m looking forward to writing a bit of my own story here.”

The more I learn about Kennedy the more I like the trade, I feel he's going to be a really good to great addition to the side, both on and off the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[Bont walks into Bevo's office]

MB: Hi boss, you um - obviously - wanted something?

LB (shifts uneasily in his chair): Yeah Marcus, take a seat.
This may sound a bit weird but I was just wondering how you'd ummm, whether you'd ... err ... like a change of ... ahhh ... number?

MB: What, you mean jumper number?

LB: Ummm, yeah ... you see we had to do a bit of cajoling to get Bam Bam over the line and he said he'd always wanted to play in number 4, so I ... we, ummm ... we were sort of thinking ... well, actually we ahhh ... sort of promised that ... ummm ...

MB: You want him to wear - obviously - number four?

LB: Well since you put it like that, ummm, yes. What do you think mate? He's a great bloke. A really great bloke. He'll be good for the culture here. So good for the club. What do you think?

MB: I dunno. I mean I've obviously had that number since I walked in the door. Lots of kids obviously wear it on their backs because of me. You know?

LB: There's lots of great numbers available mate. You can take your pick. There's Chooka's 8, there's Caleb's 35. But I was thinking you might ... maybe want to resurrect some club pride in number 6.

MB: I mean that's obviously Baz's jumper. You want me to wear that!

LB: Think of it as a leadership challenge Marcus. You can be the one that restores some pride in a famous jumper. Charlie Sutton wore it. Wee Georgie wore it. The smiling assassin - and failed goalkicking coach - wore it. And think of all the new jumper sales the merch department will get. Think of how selfless you'll look!

MB: Well obviously, when you obviously put it like that ...

LB: I knew you'd see the sense in it! What a man. What a leader!

MB: Is that all boss?

LB: Yeah, umm ... actually no, there was something else. I wanted to have a chat about ... ummm ... the captain's role and what Chugga might be sort of ... able to offer. (10 seconds of tense silence ensues)

But naah, haha! Hey we can always talk about that another day, eh? Haha!

MB: (uncertainly): OK, boss. See ya.

LB: Yeah, see ya Marcus. And look, I'm grateful. I really am. Oh, and while you're headed that way could you drop this in on Chugga for me mate?

MB: What is it?

LB: Oh, nothing much, just the publisher's contract for Chugga's new kid's book "Little Chugga Changes Clubs" It's coming out real soon. He'll be expecting it and it'll save me the walk. Thanks mate, you're a legend.
I read all this wondering where it was going and..I'm still wondering sorry dw 😆

I read all this wondering where it was going and..I'm still wondering sorry dw 😆

I think DW has had a loooong lunch after Charles and Camilla’s visit to the Capital today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back