Welcome to the Club pick 46 Western Bulldogs Caleb Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest steal of the draft IMO, bar none. How the **** did you get him at 46??
Because recruiters continually discriminate against the vertically challenged.

It landed us Hrovat at #21 in 2012, Honeychurch at #60 in 2013, and now we've got Caleb at #46. A nice little mosquito fleet, and it's cost us very little.

I'm really excited to have him, let's hope we see lots of him at AFL level next year.

Looked at the clip, vision and execution by r foot and hand superb. Great finishing around goals and setting up goals.

3 tackles shown two of which young kids just stood up in them.

1 Left kick, one turnover. 2 kicks on outside of right foot rather than use left foot.

1 running into goal on left side, propped and handballed, instead of kicking for goal with left foot.

Questions for those who have watched him

1 - Can he kick left foot?
2 - Is his frame and tackling strong enough to bring down AFL bodies, if not can it get to the level it needs to be (Libba did obviously)?

Thanks in advance.

I asked a guy at work about him - he plays for Frankston Reserves/Reserves (if that makes sense).

"Hey, you know anything about a player the dogs drafted, short guy, 168cm plays for SA..."
"Geez that's damn small....wait....is that helmet head? Yeah, he's a gun"

BOOM!

PS. IMHO - he plays and moves like Daniel Kerr.

will become a cult hero for sure ! very impressive highlights . Soooo hope he makes it big time.

I can just hear the crowds voice right now go up when he touches the ball in big games!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason he comes across as one of those players in the mould of Libba and booma Harvey that will go on to defy odds, push him self and sweeze as much out of himself as he can. Here is hoping he goes on to becoming a 250 game player :thumbsu:

I really don't see the Mitchell and Diesel comparisons. But I definitely see the Kerr comparison. If he can develop that nuggety low center of gravity body I think he can be quite good.

That'd be great - So long as he doesn't try to set people on fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Club pick 46 Western Bulldogs Caleb Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back