Welcome to the Club pick 46 Western Bulldogs Caleb Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to like the number 1 (#1 for South Australia and #11 for South Adelaide), I'm tipping #31

I was racking my brain to work out who he moves like and Kerr (as posted have commented) is definitely the closest. I'm excited about this kid has class written all over him. Hopefully the doubters push him to succeed even more.

Seems to like the number 1 (#1 for South Australia and #11 for South Adelaide), I'm tipping #31
Maybe bigger numbers wont fit on his jumper!

Looked at the clip, vision and execution by r foot and hand superb. Great finishing around goals and setting up goals.

3 tackles shown two of which young kids just stood up in them.

1 Left kick, one turnover. 2 kicks on outside of right foot rather than use left foot.

1 running into goal on left side, propped and handballed, instead of kicking for goal with left foot.

Questions for those who have watched him

1 - Can he kick left foot?
2 - Is his frame and tackling strong enough to bring down AFL bodies, if not can it get to the level it needs to be (Libba did obviously)?

Thanks in advance.

Reminded me of a Rod Ashman type with the helmet.. although I can barely remember Rod Ashman!

Very smart footballer. Clean hands. Very evasive, always seems to have time and space with the footy. Tidy kick. Will miss watching him each week for South Adel but wish him all the best.

Yes ... his highlights package is very impressive.. looks to be a great distributor a la that blond guy from Hawthorn, but he can run. ... mmm .. ablett comparison.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically you guys have got the midget version of Ablett.
Every game I've seen him play its just jaw dropping stuff.
I'm so rapt he got a chance in the national draft, hopefully his game can still stand up in the AFL. Will be interesting.
If he was 180cm+ i would have thought he'd have gone pick 1.

What better coach for him than Luke?... maybe Clarkson.

He'll be Bev's pet and Cleveland's bet.

It's taken me a while to get over here, but I'd just like to say that being a South Adelaide supporter, I've followed Caleb's development over the past 24 months. I was really hoping that Geelong would take him wuth pick #47, but you guys got the jump just before us!

I'm biased, as he's a kid out of the development zone from my SANFL side, but having said that, if he wasn't a special talent I wouldn't have been as interested in giving my two cents. Now I'm not going to say that he'll end up being a GUN or anything, far from it... but on talent alone, he would have gone top 20 if he was 15cm taller.

I'll still follow with interest his development at your club. I believe that he has the talent to make it as an AFL player, if he aquits himself and a few things go his way, he could turn out being an inspired pick. All the best to Caleb and a big thumbs up to your club from me for taking a punt on him!

Caleb was on his toes when taking this photo.
Great bloke.
10836262_10152948373778561_1328304402_n.jpg

You guys have seriously got a good one here. His size does not hinder him, actually kind of assists him as it makes him so damn hard to tackle and corrale. His best traits is his mind and his hands. So quick in the mind and translates that to a execution better than just about any junior I have seen. Always has time, never panics, if the option is not there he'll just find another. Often he is too quick for his team mates which might make him look less good than he is. Has a great leg on him, can kick it 50m if required but he prefers short, sharp passes. Will win his own ball also and has an incredible ability to slip through gaps. Is always running to dangerous spots.

Really looking forward to seeing how he goes. Fans will love him, and he's super fit, will run all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Club pick 46 Western Bulldogs Caleb Daniel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back