Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

He loves the club so I can't see this happening, especially considering he is having a career best year.

But we all know that when Clarko sets his sights on a player he will throw crazy money at them to make it happen.....

And his skillset does translate well to Clarkos game style of precision kicking.

Bloody hell I will be not a happy camper if this goes through!

He loves the club so I can't see this happening, especially considering he is having a career best year.

But we all know that when Clarko sets his sights on a player he will throw crazy money at them to make it happen.....

And his skillset does translate well to Clarkos game style of precision kicking.

Begs the question: Hawks or Scrimshaw!!!???

seems extremley unlikely but it wouldnt be beyond clarko to throw big money at Scrim

would hate to seem him leave after he's really turned the corner this year and become a well-rounded defensive player, as well as retaining his offensive skills. been awesome to watch so far along with Frosty, two blokes who were maligned for much of last season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And draft picks as he did with JOM,Wingard

No doubt Scrimshaw got a lot of credit in the game threads (which I haven't had the time to savour yet! :)) but just thought he deserved a bit of love here for his performance yesterday. I don't think we win that game without him tbh (although having said that, it was a whole team effort but his stands out as one of half a dozen particularly special contributions). Great to see him fulfilling his promise.

Last edited:
Been outstanding this season. It's always been said he's been immature in the past and uncommitted at times, but Scrimshaw is just about the last person at the club this decade that I would question his commitment. He has stood up consistently where others haven't. In an undersized defence compared to the height of the Bulldogs forward line, he stood up mightily. He could intercept a Boeing 737 the way he is playing. In top form when compared to all defenders in the league. I think he would be a good player on any team in the league. We're fortunate to have him.

Been outstanding this season. It's always been said he's been immature in the past and uncommitted at times, but Scrimshaw is just about the last person at the club this decade that I would question his commitment. He has stood up consistently where others haven't. In an undersized defence compared to the height of the Bulldogs forward line, he stood up mightily. He could intercept a Boeing 737 the way he is playing. In top form when compared to all defenders in the league. I think he would be a good player on any team in the league. We're fortunate to have him.
I think the fact that he was seen as immature or uncommitted, and challenged on that by the coaches, is the reason he is having the year that he is. He showed it at the end of last year as well.

He is making spoils and intercepting kicks this year that in previous years he simply would have given up on, he's turning and going quickly, he's doing everything he was asked to. I think the fact that he's turned it around from not being a guaranteed best 22 player to being one of our best is more of a credit to him than saying he's always been this way.

I think the fact that he was seen as immature or uncommitted, and challenged on that by the coaches, is the reason he is having the year that he is. He showed it at the end of last year as well.

He is making spoils and intercepting kicks this year that in previous years he simply would have given up on, he's turning and going quickly, he's doing everything he was asked to. I think the fact that he's turned it around from not being a guaranteed best 22 player to being one of our best is more of a credit to him than saying he's always been this way.
Exactly.

In 2023 he was dropped out of the side and played a total of 4 VFL games at 3 different stages of the season.

This is not because the Hawthorn coaches didn’t see / appreciate what some others on here were claiming to be his elite traits.

It’s the reverse.

Some of his fans on here saw only what they want to and were perplexed when he was (quite rightly) not in the AFL side.

He has finally listened to the coaching staff and worked on his deficiencies.

The 2024 improved output is the result. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back