Welcome Welcome to the HFC Josh... Battle on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential 2025 lineup imo:

B: Hardwick Frost Barrass
HB: Scrimshaw Sicily Amon
C: Weddle Worpel Mass
HF: Gunston Dear Moore
F: Wiz Chol Ginni
Fol: Meek Newc Day
I/C: Nash, Croc, Battle, Impey (Breust)

Battle to rotate between Gunston/Dear & Frost/Barrass.

CJ not in the best 22 to start 2025 (dependant on pre-season form).

Tom Morris mentioning that Sam's wife and Battle's wife have become good friends.
So sounds like he's already got some strong bonds at club already which I guess would of made the decision to leave Saints a little easier.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez this feels like such a good signing.

Feel like we've side stepped an all-out bidding war this year. Unlike Mackay, Lynch and other big dollar free agents - this was was either us, or he doesn't go anywhere. Perfectly crafted.

25 year old! He's potentially got 200 more games to go.

Oliver Tree GIF by Lil Yachty

Great news and assuming we get Barrass as well it's a huge boost to the backline. But where does that leave Frosty? Depth?
Easy.

Scrimshaw/Battle Frost Hardwick
Sicily Barrass Amon

Either Battle or Scrimshaw can comfortably play as a forward and Weddle will no doubt become a midfielder anyhow.

Hawks go BANG-BANG and just like that we have turned our biggest weakness into a strength.

Opposition fans gunna be melting.
Tell me you haven’t watched our backline without telling me…..

Seriously?

Our backline has been absolutely rock solid in the past 3 months. Nowhere near our biggest weakness.

What it becomes is the arguably best backline in the competition. From probably #4 to #1

Tell me you haven’t watched our backline without telling me…..

Seriously?

Our backline has been absolutely rock solid in the past 3 months. Nowhere near our biggest weakness.

What it becomes is the arguably best backline in the competition. From probably #4 to #1
It is going to be very interesting. Adding two talls presumably means removing at least one small. It is definitely going to change the balance.

I agree that Weddle probably moves up field. But the dynamic of the backline changes massively without the rebound of Weddle and one of Impey/Amon.

It will be interesting to see what the Hawks do.

We will play Sicily 40m behind the ball over the full ground. Teams will have to avoid his line and we can focus resources on full press elsewhere, creating more turnover and rebound. His kicking is a weapon but his reading of "drop of ball" is better and he will be more effective than svhoey in same role in 2015 gF and more effective than a 7ft ruck doing the same

We will play Sicily 40m behind the ball over the full ground. Teams will have to avoid his line and we can focus resources on full press elsewhere, creating more turnover and rebound. His kicking is a weapon but his reading of "drop of ball" is better and he will be more effective than svhoey in same role in 2015 gF and more effective than a 7ft ruck doing the same
It is a beautiful thing to watch Sicily moving people around in a contest so he can take a relatively easy mark.

I think we could play Frosty as the FB still and maybs move Weddle higher up the ground, Battle also has flexibility to play upfront so he can be a rotating Fwd/Def.

Barrass seems to play better as an intercepting role and better with the ball than Frost.
Will allow Sicily to swap forward if required. Will give us another point of flexibility.

Will allow Sicily to swap forward if required. Will give us another point of flexibility.

It looks to me like Battle will get Gunston's defensive roles on tall key backs eventually, if not right away.

That's the exciting part of Jack's success this year imo: that he's been a goal kicking stopper on some seriously good players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to the HFC Josh... Battle on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back