Wellingham - Traded to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The master of huff & puff is at it again, laying down the law to West Coast on Wellingham.

1. The guy has decided he doesnt want to continue at the Pies
2. The guy decides he wants to go home
3. The guy wants to join the Eagles

So far the Eagles arent players in the game.

Up steps Mr huff n puff, blah blah ....

Leon was AA when he went down the same path & played 2012 in the WAFL because neither AFL club had room for him.

Eddie needs to take a lead from the way Jolly got to the Pies, an absence of huff n puff.
Is it different when a player wants to leave the Pies?

The Eagles can play as hard as they chose Eddie.

Of course the Eagles can play as hard as they choose. That should be the response from more clubs when Eddie says the things he does, because he's looking out for Collingwood and Collingwood alone. Other clubs should be spending more time looking after themselves, yet generally they get distracted (which is kind of the whole idea).

Good luck to Wellingham, but he's not a free agent so it's not simply up to him. That's the reality. Eddie isn't actually involved in the football department anyway so he can pretty much say whatever he likes! :)

melbourne offered 13, it would be irresponsible for the club not to explore this and accept something less.

Wellingham and his manager have stated he wants to go home, if he wanted to stay in Victoria he wouldn't have moved out of Buddys house and actually stayed at Collingwood

Wellingham and his manager have stated he wants to go home

246547.jpg

melbourne offered 13, it would be irresponsible for the club not to explore this and accept something less.
But he wants a move back to Perth our pick means nothing.

Wellingham and his manager have stated he wants to go home, if he wanted to stay in Victoria he wouldn't have moved out of Buddys house and actually stayed at Collingwood

dont be surprise if he stays. ryan o'keffe did the same thing and wanted to leave and he played in a flag with the swans last week. this is not free agency it has to be a 3 way agreement here.

The master of huff & puff is at it again, laying down the law to West Coast on Wellingham.
I didn't hear this morning's broadcast and nor have I found a link, but I've heard others like it, and it's usually Luke Darcy going at Eddie hammer and tongs, with Ed calmly explaining whatever situation is at hand. It's usually light hearted, as Ed probably finds it hard to stop laughing at Darcy trying to be serious and Mick Molloy never being serious.

This morning he simply stated the bleeding obvious. Of course, once it hits print with a few selective loaded phrases, like "hardball" and everyone thinks he's gone off in a rage and is inciting WCE. I bet this was not the case and people need to chill out. WCE and Pies will do a deal. They're pro clubs and neither of Chocco or Ross Lyon is involved.

dont be surprise if he stays. ryan o'keffe did the same thing and wanted to leave and he played in a flag with the swans last week. this is not free agency it has to be a 3 way agreement here.

That was a very ugly situation. I'm sure Eddie will say some words he can't take back before this is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a very ugly situation. I'm sure Eddie will say some words he can't take back before this is over.

So what? If that happens, all it will mean is opposition supporters will get upset. Means nothing.

They want Brown and Masten apparently:eek:. Probably just BS reporting but its interesting how quickly things change with a player like Masten.

They want Brown and Masten apparently:eek:. Probably just BS reporting but its interesting how quickly things change with a player like Masten.

I seriously doubt they want Mitch Brown. He wouldn't even be close to a spot in their starting 22. Wanting Masten is fanciful.

Eddie needs to take a lead from the way Jolly got to the Pies, an absence of huff n puff.
Is it different when a player wants to leave the Pies?

The Eagles can play as hard as they chose Eddie.

Actually, we offered our first round pick from the word go. It was Roos and Sydney who kept telling the media( "huffing and puffing" if you will) that they needed more.

When Roos walked out of talks threatening to drive to the airport and get on the next plane home we gave up our 3rd pick to get the deal across the line. Roos then proudly told the media how he accomplished the trade via the "next plane home" threat.

Is that not "huff and puff"? I'd say it's the height of it.

"He's saying that he might want to go there and now the West Coast Eagles will need to come up with something fairly substantial to get the deal done," McGuire told Triple M today.
"Hopefully things will work out, but that will be of course everyone coming to their senses and offering decent compensation.’’

OP Bloody Eddie has huffed and puffed here.

Nisbett on Shuey.

"He's saying that he might want to go there and now Collingwood will need to come up with something fairly substantial to get the deal done," Nisbett told Triple M today.
"Hopefully things will work out, but that will be of course everyone coming to their senses and offering decent compensation.’’

OP That Nisbett is a good operator, mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wellingham - Traded to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back