We're outright second....where's the love!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
Come on people - we won (away from home mind you) and are now outright second, with the Bulldogs t o come next week at home.

Ok, yes it was ugly, but 4 valuable points none the less.

Bring on September!!

Yeah absolutely, very happy we are sitting 2nd. However we can't get complacent, we need to focus on winning as many games as we can. There is still a long way to go = but of course it is great to be where we are!

k
xx

There is much love for them from me but would have even more if they could win convincingly :)

Don't get me wrong I am happy about being outright second just think they can play better.

Dermie said they are not feared by the other clubs and it was obvious he was eluding to the fact that the last few weeks they haven't been able to put away bottom sides and they are not playing four good hard quarters of football.

Anyway, I get your point we should be positive about the win so I am going to be happy for the 4 points and that we are outright second and leave it at that.

LiaLovesRoo32 said:
There is much love for them from me but would have even more if they could win convincingly :)

Don't get me wrong I am happy about being outright second just think they can play better.

Dermie said they are not feared by the other clubs and it was obvious he was eluding to the fact that the last few weeks they haven't been able to put away bottom sides and they are not playing four good hard quarters of football.

Anyway, I get your point we should be positive about the win so I am going to be happy for the 4 points and that we are outright second and leave it at that.

Dermie is probably partially right, we may not be feared away from home. However at this rate, we might end up with a couple of home finals - which would put the fear of god into most.

We have been up all season playing pretty good footy.....most teams will have a slump or some downers during a season.....hopefully we are having our slump and still winning! We showed that our best footy is devestating, but in reality we only played one quarter this week and about 2 quarters last week and we have 8 points to show for it. I'm happy.

Exactly!

We should be thankful that A) we are playing ********e and still winning and B) no one 'fears' us apparently - well they can keep not fearing us as not fearing us has gotten the Crows to outright second!!

I am loving that we're second, really really loving it. I'm just a lil scared that our form won't have improved when we do have to play a top 8 side. If we play like we have the second half of last week and today (with the exception of the 3rd quarter) then we are going to get thumped and our confidence could be shot to pieces.

It's a huge relief that we go got the 4 points today but let's be realistic we need to improve if we do want teams to rate us and to fear us. The Crows showed that they truly deserve to be where they are today in the 3rd quarter, they just need to maintain that type of form and play for a lot longer to keep their position.

Crow-mosone said:
Dermie is probably partially right, we may not be feared away from home. However at this rate, we might end up with a couple of home finals - which would put the fear of god into most.
Spot on :)

Crow-mosone said:
Spot on :)

Although our away record this year is pretty good too. Finals is a whole different ball game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RoosterLad said:
i dont care if other teams fear us or not, all year our players and team have not been respected, and we have had some fantastic wins, i would love it if every team we play this year takes us easy... we wouldnt lose a game

Damn straight. Other teams take us lightly at their own peril. Dont see anyone else sitting in 2nd presently.

Kane McGoodwin said:
I'm loving being in 2nd, but we must stay there to have a decent crack at the flag.

Isn't it just complete magic though that at this time of the season we are able to even discuss "having a crack at the flag" ?

Compared to where we thought (in the preseason) we might be at (now) - "can we make the finals"? or even "it is still mathematically possible".

Crow-mosone said:

Very true and to be honest I think Dermie is a tool and don't really care what he thinks. For Melbourne based supporters we know too well that no one gives us credit and you would think we were 10th (oh hang on that's port :) )
I actually like this though and hope it continues as it is very much the same as 97 and 98 and well we all know what happened there.

Anyway, I would like to apologise for being slightly negative about where the CROWS are at right now especially since I am stoked. I just think we can play better and much prefer to watch us smash sides :) Sorry for being greedy and expecting more from my side

Also, it was very nice to see the ladder before :D

ok.crows said:
Anyone else have this sort of Deja Vu?

(I mean in respect of the way that Melbourne media are downplaying the Crows chances for finals).

Except for Terry Wallace ofcourse, who thinks we are gonna win the premiership.

Wayne's-World said:
Well positioned - 2nd position is critical for home finals - preying we do not have late season injuries - this is not the time to get them

Could someone please provide me with a recap of the home finals rules.

If the 8 stays as it is now, who would we play first up and where? What sort of advantages does 2nd spot bring?

Obvious questions I know but 1. The AFL seem to change the rules every season and I've forgotten how it all works 2. I'd like to start planning some holidays early.. he he

Jerome said:
Could someone please provide me with a recap of the home finals rules.

If the 8 stays as it is now, who would we play first up and where? What sort of advantages does 2nd spot bring?

Obvious questions I know but 1. The AFL seem to change the rules every season and I've forgotten how it all works 2. I'd like to start planning some holidays early.. he he
Home finals in week one for 1st, 2nd, 5th & 6th. (vs 4th, 3rd, 8th & 7th respectively)

Home finals in week two for the top-4 losers.

Home finals in week three for the top-4 winners (from week one).

This is of course compromised by the MCG contract, particularly the preliminaries. If West Coast and Adelaide were the qualifying final winners, they'd get their Perth prelim but we'd be forced to play our prelim at the MCG.

Crow-mosone said:
True, but overall they should fear our away record which must be as good any others.

LiaLovesRoo32 said:
you would think we were 10th (oh hang on that's port :) )

yes quite amazing how few an amount of port power supporters that come over here these days, especially considering their frequent visits at the start of the season. The power really are a shameful club. No heart, so fragile (team and supporters) and a poor culture. And languishing out of the eight atm with the best CHF in the comp. I suppose gun CHF's just dont count these days. :cool:

We can be very proud of the spirit that the club shows given its talent on the list (mainly due to disgraceful trading in the past 5 yrs).

Remove this Banner Ad

We're outright second....where's the love!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back