2nds Werribee Tigers vs. Collingwood Saturday 2nd June Avalon Airport Oval at 2:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Fashionably late as usual, but the player review for this week (a tough one to be fair) can be found here.

Was a disappointing day by and large, expected a bit more from Seedsman but knew we would be up against it, even before it became apparent that Ugle and Wood weren't taking the field.

Agree with a fair bit of what bucksisbest has said, although I probably lean a little more towards being generous to the likes of Ceglar and Witts. Bucksisbest does make some astute observations about Witts re: his marking technique though, he's not taking full advantage of his size in this regard.

As tough as it was to watch that effort today, I did find some solace in glimpses from Hartley and a more involved performance from Farmer. Jackson Paine looks a safe bet as well, a really good marking display today despite minimal service.

Given our outs and how we've had to dip significantly into our depth, results like today are always a real possibility. The coming weeks could make for difficult viewing as a spectator.

Very big ruckmen can take years to develop.. based on where witts is already its very exciting. Dont expect him to be the finished product for 6-7 more years

Very big ruckmen can take years to develop.. based on where witts is already its very exciting. Dont expect him to be the finished product for 6-7 more years

Six or seven years is a very long time! Between you and bucksisbest there are going to be collingwood supporters feeling like their legs have been taken out beneath them!
bucksisbest calls a spade exactly what he sees it as being, and the way he tells it, we can't be accused of getting the sharpest, most expensive tools in the shop! The image of Tarks telling the supporter to 'f.. off' is priceless. Great report. Loved the honesty.

Six or seven years is a very long time! Between you and bucksisbest there are going to be collingwood supporters feeling like their legs have been taken out beneath them!
bucksisbest calls a spade exactly what he sees it as being, and the way he tells it, we can't be accused of getting the sharpest, most expensive tools in the shop! The image of Tarks telling the supporter to 'f.. off' is priceless. Great report. Loved the honesty.

It's not that long, really.. Think about it, in 6-7 years the player would be 24-25 and just entering their prime. There's not too many ruckman that can be dominating at AFL level before the age of 22, especially a ruckman as big as Witts, who also started playing AFL in his teens.

One week we have people saying such and such is going to be a Superstar. The next week the same people are writing them off. The reality is most people on this site are passionate one eyed supporter but if your all being honest most of us know very little about whats going on with the development of the players and how good they will be. All reading this reminds me is there is not a whole lot of footy knowledge on this site but there is a hell of a lot of passion. And thats ok.

Geez 6 weeks ago I thought sinclair should not play another senior game of AFL and I thought the same in about swan 7 or so years ago.

As for big witts at his age most people within the AFL would not have known he existed. Same goes for cox. Give the kid time FFS

I don't doubt where Witts can get to and what an impact pre-seasons and games has on a young player. My observations are more about the hype that has been whipped up around him, versus where he is at at the moment.

I was also harsh on a lot of young players games, that is not because we got thrashed, but because I was looking for a young player to show some fight against the onslaught.

I don't doubt where Witts can get to and what an impact pre-seasons and games has on a young player. My observations are more about the hype that has been whipped up around him, versus where he is at at the moment.

I was also harsh on a lot of young players games, that is not because we got thrashed, but because I was looking for a young player to show some fight against the onslaught.

Hey, I'd much rather read your [and people like 10th Letter's] level-headed thoughts and know where they are at right now. It's only natural that people get over-excited by potential and all, but on the odd occasion when I get to see the ressies, I'm just looking for all the transferable talents and attitudes [including dual-sided skills, athleticism and competitive guts].
I don't like people bagging players without good cause as I think it's often disrespectful to them and their families, but honest good judgement is fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Werribee Tigers vs. Collingwood Saturday 2nd June Avalon Airport Oval at 2:00 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back