2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah thats my point. I can only imagine the 20 people in the room with the kid on work experience going like "Go rhymes with SGIO, maybe we can do something with that" after 3 months of research and 500,000 dollars spent

My understanding is that the WAFL clubs have to pay the broadcast cost to get the one game a week on channel 7.

Yeah tbh I didn’t see much of the game. Was more responding to some other posters on here. Talls take longer. I’m not worried about his development he will improve with age and experience. Most rucks have less than 10 senior games in their 2nd season. He has time on his side.
He has time on his side is what people say when they dont have results or anything actually viable to stand behind unfortunately

He has time on his side is what people say when they dont have results or anything actually viable to stand behind unfortunately
Agree to disagree 23 year old ruckman who has been serviceable at WAFL level outplays a 20 year old and a 19 year old in the ruck doesn’t set alarm bells off for me. Next couple of years will start to show whether he is delist material or not.

As much as people say "we signed him for 2 years, we must see something in him" , these same people saw more in Will Collins then they did Nic Martin... so forgive me if im not necessarily trusting of there judgement here

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

We can’t pick and choose when to ignore bad behaviour. We ignored a lot worse stuff with Liam Ryan and Willie.
Like it or not, not everyone is treated the same.
Ryan and Wiilie were in our best players.

Look at what Dane Swan and Cuzz got away with.

When you're on the periphery like Winder, you just can't afford those type of stuff ups.

Last edited:
gee i wonder why we delisted this bloke when this was his conduct on a rookie contract

A West Coast Eagles young gun was so drunk on the night he headbutted and abused a tourist from Hong Kong that he has no recollection of the assault, a court has heard.

The Geelong Magistrates’ Court heard on Wednesday that after a night of heavy drinking in early December Isiah Winder, 20, opened the door of a car rented by the tourist and his girlfriend outside the R Hotel, Geelong, before he headbutted the victim twice and called him a “stupid f***.”

Winder more or less delisted himself.
Yea your right there
Still lives with two eagles players
Winder is playing with a lingering knee injury that requires surgery at end of season
Was told when wce delisted him, if he got his attitude right we would look to rookie him again

So depending how his surgery goes he is a real chance to be rookied again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming no undisclosed injuries the WAFL side should like something like this :

FB: Ruscoe H Edwards Gilbee
HB:Baker Jamieson Burgiel
C: L Edwards Trew Johnston
HF: Dewar J Williams Hutchinson
FF: Rawlinson Reid Livingstone
R: Barnett Culley Hall
I/C: Top ups

Assuming Gaff is the player held over in case Yeo decides not to play although with this game starting just 90 minutes before our AFL match it’s possible we have no holdovers and Gaff plays WAFL

It’s a young side with Jamieson and Harry Edwards the oldest at 23 (turning 24 later this year) but 16 listed players plus Ruscoe is a decent amount of talent

Playing Swans at Bassendean is always a challenge however

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 18.00.42.png

Extended squad named for the Beagles, with 16 AFL-listed players in there.

Callum Jamieson a mystery omission.

Interestingly they have named all three emergencies from the AFL side in there, which is unusual. Normally they don't name emergencies and they come into the team as late changes.

Could've been up to 19 listed players in this team before setbacks this week to Sheed, Petruccelle and now Jamieson. Not really in a position to complain though, our availability is still looking pretty good.

Former Eagles legends Will Collins and Tony Notte named for the Swans.

View attachment 2032956

Extended squad named for the Beagles, with 16 AFL-listed players in there.

Callum Jamieson a mystery omission.

Interestingly they have named all three emergencies from the AFL side in there, which is unusual. Normally they don't name emergencies and they come into the team as late changes.

Could've been up to 19 listed players in this team before setbacks this week to Sheed, Petruccelle and now Jamieson. Not really in a position to complain though, our availability is still looking pretty good.

Former Eagles legends Will Collins and Tony Notte named for the Swans.

Jamieson did SFA at training when I was there on Tuesday. Other than noting he didn’t do much I didn’t think much of it at the time since it’s not unusual for players to have quiet recovery sessions

Guess there might have been a reason for it after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back