2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a good watch. A very disappointing start first up letting WP slip out to a 5 goal lead. Dewar very fumbly early, was better later. Baker did some good things - he just needs gym time. Chesser was very good as a midfielder, where he should be playing. Hall wasn't great. Barnett could develop into a good CHF in time. Sheed nearly stuffed us up twice, once in the 3rd with one of his terrible blind kicks when we were 4 goals up which started a WP run on, and then in the 4th, giving away a free kick. Didn't like Sheed's game.To his credit, he took a saving mark in the last. Archer Reid is promising. Culley was good, especially in the 1st half. Burgiel was good, finally. Good win in the end. There seemed a new purpose in the team today. I daresay it is a flow-on from the Schofield appointment. They played with hope.

Perhaps if they were made competitive, they would.

Restrict everything so they are belted and then complain there are no attendances. I would go and take my young bloke but I won’t given it is usually a 65-120 schlacking. If I am one of those, then there are others.
Also if they played on a Saturday afternoon everyone week, I am sure there would be a lot more people attending. Me for instance.

Key takeaways? Da yoof got a little summin summin about it!

JD immense as an experienced head out there. Connected so well from mid-fwd. Giving the ball off to Dewar and co to shine. Plenty of opportunity to be selfish with it, was having none of that.

Baker, yum. Get him a game.

Dewar looks studly.

Culley loves the footy.

Shock horror Chesser is silk in tight and the kid loves to bleed for the jumper. Few round these parts questioning if he had blood running through him at all.

Some great signs from Bazzo reading the ball, peeling off and setting up attacks.

I miss Thorne's comprehensive player breakdowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fortunately got to watch most of the telecast. Pretty much all listed players had positive moments throughout the game.

Archer Reid was the obvious standout to the eye. Is so agile for a big guy, competes so well. The type of forward that even when he isn’t having a great day in the air taking marks, he will impact positively with pressure and energy. Couldn’t be happier with his progress off a limited pre season.

Culley was good, especially early when it looked as though we were going to be blown out of the game.

Chesser looked really good. Some nice clearance work. Keen for him to continue to build form and confidence in the twos for the next 3 weeks or so.

Bazzo was a massive plus. I liked the idea of not starting him on keitel, build his confidence, after a horrendous two years he has had. Second quarter really worked into the game. Was physical and strong around the ball, took a few nice intercept marks. Happy for him to build confidence and form for the next month and maybe get a game or 2 to finish the season. Should be looking at him to play seniors all of next year with some luck with his body.

Johnston and Baker both looked good off half back. Both bring creative flair, which we seriously lack in the seniors. Both very slight, but showed good signs and could push for selection in coming weeks.

Unsure what to make of Hall, looks a million bucks at times and other stages he is hard to watch. Work in progress.

Burgeil flashes in and out of games. Really needs to work on and build a tank if he is kept on the list. I hope he is. Doesn’t love body contact, but when out in the open has showed his class. High half forward could be his role

Livingstone is tracking nicely. Competed well today and became and important link.

Barnett although quiet, was the 3rd tall forward for a lot of the day. That play in the first quarter where he competed in the air on the wing, hit a target and then got on his bike and received the next kick inside 50, went back and converted. Although his stats are low, that in itself shows signs he could be a player. Very slow burn.

Obviously the team is far better with Darling and Sheed playing. Today alone shows that they are worth keeping on the list, if we can’t get anything for them in a trade.

Rawlinson pressure forward, tries hard, won some important ball and applies
Good pressure.

Overall rapt with today’s effort.

Key takeaways? Da yoof got a little summin summin about it!

JD immense as an experienced head out there. Connected so well from mid-fwd. Giving the ball off to Dewar and co to shine. Plenty of opportunity to be selfish with it, was having none of that.

Baker, yum. Get him a game.

Dewar looks studly.

Culley loves the footy.

Shock horror Chesser is silk in tight and the kid loves to bleed for the jumper. Few round these parts questioning if he had blood running through him at all.

Some great signs from Bazzo reading the ball, peeling off and setting up attacks.

I miss Thorne's comprehensive player breakdowns.
Sorry man, back from Malaysia/back to reality tomorrow, they'll return!

Looking forward to covering the battle for the spoon in a few rounds.

It was an enjoyable game. I kept expecting them to drop off and WP to run away with it but the did well, fighting back into it a couple of times.

Culley was huge in the first 3 qtrs, a bit quieter in the last but a great game overall.
A Reid looked really dangerous and great to see him really jumping and attacking the ball.
Dewar looked shaky but worked into it and did a few nice things.
Chesser good and nailed some nice kicks and ran hard.
Hall great goal but still shaky with disposal.
HJ got better as the game when on. Did some nice things especially late.
Barnett did one great play we he picked up the ball at speed, hit a nice little touch kick to Darling on the wing and then ran hard to take the mark on the boundary i50. Then nailed the set shot.
Then did nothing for the rest of the match really.
Burgiel did some nice things and kicked a couple, including a clutch goal late.
Baker provided some nice run and kicked a nice running goal.
Bazzo got better as the game went on.
Rawlinson gave away that bad goal but did a few good things too.
Darling and Sheed provided good leadership out there. Not sure what happened to Gaff?

All in all one of the better Beagles games I’ve watched. Good win

Perhaps if they were made competitive, they would.

Restrict everything so they are belted and then complain there are no attendances. I would go and take my young bloke but I won’t given it is usually a 65-120 schlacking. If I am one of those, then there are others.
They are not restricted. They could be better if they used all their points.They have 70 points and have used only 55.
They could have recruited a couple of extra decent vfl/sanfl players and didn't.
Can anybody tell me what the status of Jackson Nelson, Mitch Henderson, Josh Burke and John Levian.
I think Nelson is injured. The other three are a combined 13 points and have not played this year.
Just as the recruiting for the Afl side has been woeful so has the recruiting for the Beagles.
It has nothing to do with some conspiracy but all to do with how woeful t the Eagles admin have become and hopefully Don Pyke fixes both.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back