2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not going to watch the rest due to the seniors sadly, but quarter time thoughts...

Petch the only passable player on display, likely to be recalled if he keeps it up.

Flynn's stats always flatter him a little, he isn't as dominant at this level as I was expecting. Sloppy. Good mark in defence.

Bazzo needs to work on his positioning and closing speed.

Culley has been really poor, too slow and exposed in the middle. Jones has been Jones, okay.

Baker made some uncharacteristic mistakes down back. Confidence probably low due to no call-up.

Archer continues to show a bit. Livingstone another quiet start after last week. Barnett very, very quiet.

Rawlinson okay, but one shocking error. I'm just not seeing it.

Royally defeated, 17.16 118 to 7.9 51

Not sure if Barnett/Livingstone were injured or anything, their stats didn't change for the whole second half.

Flynn's stats look pretty good, but worth noting Scott Jones had 42 hit outs for the day.

1723268690658.png

Not going to watch the rest due to the seniors sadly, but quarter time thoughts...

Petch the only passable player on display, likely to be recalled if he keeps it up.

Flynn's stats always flatter him a little, he isn't as dominant at this level as I was expecting. Sloppy. Good mark in defence.

Bazzo needs to work on his positioning and closing speed.

Culley has been really poor, too slow and exposed in the middle. Jones has been Jones, okay.

Baker made some uncharacteristic mistakes down back. Confidence probably low due to no call-up.

Archer continues to show a bit. Livingstone another quiet start after last week. Barnett very, very quiet.

Rawlinson okay, but one shocking error. I'm just not seeing it.
Culley unfortunately just isnt going to make it.

Nope, what did you do?

Was it that you proved yet again you have nothing to say other than talk shit about one player. Different thread, but same tired message 😂😝😂.

And, I consider myself reasonably sympathetic to your message.

the office slow clap GIF
Subtle
But look harder!

Petch back in next week prob

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
No. If we want the Beagles to provide some level of development for our less experienced players I think any mediocre 60+ gamers just stay in the WAFL eg Petro or Sheed. (Assuming Witho, JJ and Rotham get the flick.)

They only get an Eagles jumper by tearing it up for several games, or, if needed to cover injuries.

We just have to be getting games into those younger players. Even if it turns out some are only best 25-30 not best 23.

And I’d be hoping next season we find players to replace JD and Cripps - good servants but not the future. Would be good mentors at the Beagles.

Did the club ever explain why Rory Charles disappeared? Looked very handy for one week and hasn't been seen since.

Bahaha of course they haven't. They won't even confirm what the deal is with Nelson.

Doesn't seem to have played ammos since mid-June so presumably he's injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I’d be hoping next season we find players to replace JD and Cripps - good servants but not the future. Would be good mentors at the Beagles.

I’d argue that no one at the moment is pushing Cripps out of the snr’s.

I do as shit hope Long, Dewar, Hewett and Brockman finds a way to do it. And that’s not even thinking about Baker coming in the B22 either.

Although in reality 2025 should be his last year.

I’d argue that no one at the moment is pushing Cripps out of the snr’s.

I do as shit hope Long, Dewar, Hewett and Brockman finds a way to do it. And that’s not even thinking about Baker coming in the B22 either.

Although in reality 2025 should be his last year.
We have a few on the list who aren't afl quality unfortunately

Barnett is laughably bad, it's actually amazing.

He was the highest rated ruck in his draft class ffs. Not sure what on earth has happened. Development hasn't just stalled since U18's, it's straight up gone backwards in an AFL system
He was highly rated in his age group but has struggled at WAFL level.

In a normal system he would have been given time to develop in WAFL Reserves level but given we have a broken WAFL side that we insist on persisting with, his development has gone backwards.

Barnett is laughably bad, it's actually amazing.

He was the highest rated ruck in his draft class ffs. Not sure what on earth has happened. Development hasn't just stalled since U18's, it's straight up gone backwards in an AFL system
No ticker

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back