West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

We are weak.

Although the trade is probably best looked at as moving down four places (6 to 11, although with North committed makes it only four) so we can move up 16 places (using pick 28 in the draft for our second pick instead of using pick 44).

Sheed or Acres will be there, we'll pick up one or the other.

refusing to trade a player is a different scenario

My point is though we aren't as bad as yourself and the rest of negative Nancy's are trying to make it out be. You guys really need to take a chill pill.

In effect, what the Eagles have done (assuming the Yeo trade goes as expected), is lose five places on two picks (6>11, 44>49) and gain Yeo.

If they are of the opinion that the player they are targeting at pick 6 will survive to pick 11, than yes that would be a win.

So I suppose we don't really know.

I bet if the preferred player(s) goes at Picks 6,7,9 or 10 WCE won't let it be known. It will be "we got our man".
Note that pick 8 has already been used by NM.

I bet if the preferred player(s) goes at Picks 6,7,9 or 10 WCE won't let it be known. It will be "we got our man".
Note that pick 8 has already been used by NM.

Yeah par for the course with every club mate.

West Coast are utterly rudderless at the moment from a list management perspective.

Rudderless?

I'd suggest the fact they've made such a ballsy trade shows they're working to a particular plan, whether or not it comes off is another question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in order to get the pick to satisfy Brisbane we dropped down a few spots in the draft instead of packing off a player or two?

Which players would we have been able to convince to agree to a move to a Brisbane side in turmoil?

Not like we've got any homesick Queenslanders on our list.

Rudderless?

I'd suggest the fact they've made such a ballsy trade shows they're working to a particular plan, whether or not it comes off is another question.

A ballsy trade? Wow.

I'm talking more about the fact you picked up Ellis.

I mean, how did the conversation go?

"What do we need more of lads?

"Probably more one paced, injury prone vanilla midfielders"

"Sign him up"

Just take a look at the midfield, it is full of conservative picks, slow mids, "safe" picks.

It was a joke Ellis got picked up, there was no rational need for him from a list management perspective.

So yes, utterly rudderless. Line him up next to Morton, Dalziell, Hutchings, Selwood, Masten, Carter, Priddis.

Give a shadow to Shuey and a run with to Gaff, it's still the same problems.

I feel sorry for the Kps's in that side.

WC are obviously confident they'll get similar quality player at 11 or even the same player. The risk is that whoever gets taken at 11 will be compared to 6,7,9 and 10 rather than just 6 and there has usually been one quality player taken in that range in most drafts. Wine in 2012, Wingard in 2011, Heppell in 2010, Rich in 2008, Dangerfield in 2007, Selwood in 2006, etc.

Ellis is likely to be played off a half-back flank to take some of the pressure off Hurn. At the moment when the opposition tags Hurn our run out of the backline grinds to a halt.

You've bought in Ellis to play on a half back flank to take pressure off Hurn?

What sound thinking.

Here I was thinking your midfield is abjectly poor, yet the half back flank is the first point of concern.

Exactly what I'm talking about, if that's the reasoning it's just woeful.

Maybe Ash Smith and Jacob Brennan could step up and cop some if the heat...

Which players would we have been able to convince to agree to a move to a Brisbane side in turmoil?

Not like we've got any homesick Queenslanders on our list.

I was thinking more along the lines of trading for the draft pick to then on trade to Brisbane.

You've bought in Ellis to play on a half back flank to take pressure off Hurn?

What sound thinking.

Here I was thinking your midfield is abjectly poor, yet the half back flank is the first point of concern.

Exactly what I'm talking about, if that's the reasoning it's just woeful.

Maybe Ash Smith and Jacob Brennan could step up and cop some if the heat...

It wasn't like there was an abundance of explosive midfielders for us to target. Not everyone could pick up Colin Sylvia.

Colin Sylvia comes in for Matt Deboer.

Is that an upgrade? I'd say so, another big bodied half forward with a goal sense who will taught the importance of forward pressure whilst also giving Freo another forward threat, Deboer is a stopper.

It makes sense.

Ellis makes absolutely no sense and is an indicative of a recruiting division that is stale and frankly, incompetent.

Which players would have gained us a pick that Brisbane would have accepted for Yeo?

I don't know, just saying that it was the alternative for the pick-shuffling we've done. Clearly the club has decided that moving down a few spots in the draft is preferable to shopping players around, bird in the hand and all that.

Colin Sylvia comes in for Matt Deboer.

Is that an upgrade? I'd say so, another big bodied half forward with a goal sense who will taught the importance of forward pressure whilst also giving Freo another forward threat, Deboer is a stopper.

It makes sense.

Ellis makes absolutely no sense and is an indicative of a recruiting division that is stale and frankly, incompetent.

You lot can't help yourselves. I guess you will be trading for players who can kick straight for goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Offseason 2013 - We Want Yeo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back