West Coast v Bulldogs - Gameday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We actually play Paterson stadium pretty well. You have better form than us this year, but to call us an ordinary team, when we absolutely smashed you last year, and now believe you should comfortably beat us, is a bit foolish.

You were wooder spooners last year, we were a top 4 team, and made a preliminary final. Gaps that large dont close this quickly. If you think you will smash us, you are going to be a bit surprised.

What was that Igloo? i believe the margin was 123 points, bulldogs are woeful, eagles are playing like top 2 material.

Game was close to being over, but anyone rate Masten cameo.. i was impressed.

Absolutely, came on and did what the sub should do and ran hard from the get go. A couple of fantastic runs down the wings, one when Darling kicked his goal and the other in the third, when Shuey? kicked one. But he kept running, despite not being used. :thumbsu:

Oh, and the muppets behind me that kept calling him a seagull, do they wonder why I don't enjoy the games? :confused::thumbsdown:

Shuey gets my 3 votes. Immense.

Yep, that's what my 10yo thought as well and he ranked Shuey, Kennedy and Embley as the top 3, which Ken Judge happened to agree with, so he's a bit full of himself right now. :eek:

Thought Lecras was our best, Kennedy and Shuey behind in that order.

Naitanui is having an amazing period, he's immense through the middle, uniquely suicidal for someone that size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

part of me was thinking about the time when we got belted by 30 goals back when i played (not for west coast). that was a horrible day.

Wow...wow...wow and WOW!
Only listened to it via Judge and Big Red on the ABC, but I've never whooped so much in my life. Unfortunately, not on TV up here in Jakarta, but hope some footage will be put up on UTube - or on here. Pleeeaaassssssseeeeee!!!

Go Eagles - you are a Visionary Genius.
Please tell me how much we will beat the pies by.

Honest,

I am shit scared by this game.

They have humans like Didak and Swan and Pendelbury.

They also have Cloke and Dawes.

We still have a problem with our defense.

They have the size to put pressure on Schofield.

If McKenzie was in as well, I would be much more confident.

If Jolly does not play we have much more of a chance.

They also have humans like Heath Shaw, HARRY O'BRIEN AND jOHNSON.

i CANNOT BELIEVE THAT these Collingwood small backmen will not be able to squeeze and wiggle through our press.

Because we are playing at the MCG, it will stuff us up, 10 goals disadvantage agaisnt a side like Collingwood.

iF AT sUBI, WE WOULD WIN BY 30-50 POINTS, BECAUSE our players know exactly where to go offensively and defensively.

We know where to run and can sense angles for the system.

A 1 off at the MCG is a total different scenario.

AT the moment I expect us to lose.

It will be a case of, whether if the Eagles memory system kicks off into place and what they have built up mentaly will take over, over there.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that if they get their offensive system going which they are practising. No one will have ever see anything like it.

Today we had a taste of the machine.

One does not know if it will still be there next week with a complete new set of scenarios.

There will be a game where it will drop off. Might be next week.
But of course it might not be.

Our away games have been worse than our home games.

GE actually makes a good point. Players like Harry O', who are extremely hard to tackle, will cut huge gaps through our press. I'd love to see a Darling Vs HOB match up (also because I want someone to smash the crap out of him).

Harry O is probably the player who will have to play on Darling (can't see the Pies trusting Maxwell). It would be funny watching him get koed by an 18 yr old.

I posted this morning that we would smash the hapless Dogs. They laughed. But it happened.

I'm calling it early that we will win next weekend. Yes, not come close. But win.

No team has known what has hit them this year. Neither will the Magpies. This weeks game has the feel of something special about it. There is something building.

And all of the pressure will be on the Magpies! We can have a free shot at this game with nothing to fear.

Not even the rapture. Because that was balls.

We are coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast v Bulldogs - Gameday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back