West Coast v Carlton semi final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering how poor both West Coast and Freo have been over the last 4 years or so(barring Freo last year and WCE this year) I would say most teams would have a decent record there.

You were belted by both teams in 07 and since then have had some victories over some bottom 4 clubs. Thats hardly good form.

You can only beat who you play....

Besides, we were hardly world beaters in 2008/09....

Carlton appear to enjoy playing in WA. We have a lot of WA boys on our list (Yarran, Garlett, Ellard, Armfield etc) and our captain spent a bit of time in Perth too... ;) There is also a good turn up of Carlton fans to the ground too. Watch some of the last few time we have played there, you can hear the song being sung by the crowd in the last quarter :thumbsu:

Home ground is a slight advantage but not as large as it is made out. As long as the umpires aren't influenced by the crowd, which seems to have been reduced after the newspaper articles a few weeks ago the location of the game won't make too much difference to the result.

Lol some of the arrogance of West Coast fans hasnt been seen before, apparently the games already over

We would play better at subi than etihad, regardless of size stats and past records, as a Carlton fan who's watched us play all over the land I can say comfortably we play better at subi than etihad

They are favourites and we have a lifetime of history against us but one day somewhere a 5th team will win a semi so why can't it be this year? Happy with our current form and side, don't want a knee jerk reaction and bring in Hampson, don't think he's up to it.

Only ins should be Kruezer, Waite ad Thouhey

In with a decent chance

It was the same as the first half of the year mate from Carlton supporters, ''TOP 4 IS LOCKED'' ''PREMIERSHIP CONTENDER'' and right before the eagles game you guys were predicting 10 goal wins.. its just the way Bigfooty works.Get used to it.
A few supporters saying that doesn't mean that is every supporters view. If you think that's what everyone thought your kidding yourself. :eek:

Well considering how poor both West Coast and Freo have been over the last 4 years or so(barring Freo last year and WCE this year) I would say most teams would have a decent record there.

You were belted by both teams in 07 and since then have had some victories over some bottom 4 clubs. Thats hardly good form.

Not really. Geelong's lost 2 of their last 4 over there, Hawthorn 3 of their last 4, Doggies 3 of their last 4, Essendon lost pretty much every game.

Carlton have won most the games they've played there recently. It's good form, regardless of the state of their opposition.

West Coast absolute deserved favorites and will go in at relatively short odds I'd imagine.

I feel like how Essendon must have felt prior to today. That if things clicked you could get over the top.

Hopefully the result isn't the same, but I full well understand that the Eagles might steamroll the Blues.

Carlton didn't have a tough game at all today apart from the first quarter. Essendon laid down like a bitch in heat waiting to be mounted. While that might mean a few less bruises, my money would go on West Coast especially if B. Gibbs is out.

you realise backlines don't play on each other.... :cool:

2011 Points Against:

Eagles - 1715
Carlton - 1700

You have a short backline that struggles with our talls as evidenced last time we played,not to mention LeCras and nicoski are always dangerous.

I think we can contain Betts,Garlett and Walker,and Glass and Mckenzie are quite cpable of containing O,hailpin or any other talls you have down there.

But if you wanna think otherwise,go right ahead Bro

Not really. Geelong's lost 2 of their last 4 over there, Hawthorn 3 of their last 4, Doggies 3 of their last 4, Essendon lost pretty much every game.

Carlton have won most the games they've played there recently. It's good form, regardless of the state of their opposition.

Geelong have won 8/10 at Subi, Hawthorn 4/7, Bulldogs 3/6, yeah let's not worry about Essendon's 1/12...

Carlton's recent Subi record is good, as is their 2011 travel record overall but it all needs to be viewed in context. I mean we won twice in Adelaide, as well as in Brisbane and 3 times in Melbourne but our best wins remain Geelong at home and Carlton away due to the strength of the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you think that was the difference? please come on now

This is the same full back who fev towelled up in the vfl a couple weeks back.He might be a decent full back,but even if he didnt go off injured you cant honestly say you would have beaten us that day.We had you covered whether he stayed out there on the groiund or not.

Carlton will be a handful when the game opens up in the last half - WCE need to put the score on early. I also agree with the poster that the Blues will play better at Subi than Etihad.

Judd is now well and truly overdue...

Blues will have a fair dinkum crack but fall short with WC to pull away & win by 5-7 goals.
They looked absolutely Sensational today

Party time footy at the G

Carlton killed us today.
I hate Carlton.
West Coast will be favourites next week.
But I'll be supporting Carlton.
Rarely do I support a non-Vic team.

Maybe look at the name of the league. The Australian Football League. Nothe victorian football league or the expansive VFL. There are no insterstate teams just teams within the same league get used to it.

For any Carlton supporters thinking of posting here, whatever you do DO NOT show any hint of confidence whatsoever or else you'll be swamped by Eagles supporters.

You've been warned.

You talking about the game where our Full Back who was in AA form went off in the 1st quarter?

Really rate Jamison, but I think JK kicked more goals on him in that time than he did for the rest of the match? Or at least who ever replaced him seemed to do a better job on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back