Preview West Coast vs Brisbane - Round 19 match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know everyones emotions are running high,
But that was not a free kick! You should be blaming mitch brown for going to ground far too easy, watch the replay :thumbsu:

Did you lot see the replay? Come on lets be serious now.

It was a small nudge in the back, not a big shove like this delirious poster said above :rolleyes:, a free?

50/50 I say, he went to ground very easilly. Had he stood his ground he may have had a greater chance of getting the free. You could see that he knew he stuffed up in his eyes after the game.

What an absolute ****** Jonathon Brown is. I hope anyone who's ever so much as gone for Brisbane in a single match dies.

Slight over-reaction. But I have one of my own...

Please can we never have M Brown in our team again. He has an odd shaped head and is a Z grade hack.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell I almost ripped all my hair out after that. We should have put them away...

Mitch Brown, what is the point of being 90+ kg if you are just going to fall over in a contest?

Wanted to pick up a cheap free kick instead of take J Brown one on one. Absolute coach killer of an effort from M Brown at the death there.

Not being a troll as I wanted the Eagles to win, but that was a brilliant decision by the ump. Brown makes minimal contact and does not use his hands, and Brown flops. Brown needed to stay strong.

Most umpires would fall for that but full credit to the maggot for holding his nerve and making the correct call.

Eagles were desperately unlucky as they deserved something tonight. Josh Kennedy had an easy mark to ice the game yet he went for a hangar and completely missed it. Small thing yet it allowed Brisbane one more attack.

24 frees to 12, that one at the end was debatable but I think the umpiring speaks for itself.

Good game though for what it was, thought you guys were gonna run away with that towards the end. Strijik is a bloody star.

What an absolute ****** Jonathon Brown is. I hope anyone who's ever so much as gone for Brisbane in a single match dies.
J Brown is a great player. IF it was a free fault is with the umpire.

He was off balance, not expecting the contact, thought he was under an easy mark. Now I dont like to see that as a free. However, it is the most blatant example of the 'two action' rule that has been in play all year.

Terrible umpiring all night, both ways.

Weak effort by our Brown to go down like that. We had our chances to win that game in the last quarter, couldn't convert. Pleased we actually fought back for once though, expected us to fold when they put it on us in the 2nd term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.5 in the last quarter - too many forwards that aren't up to scratch cost the game.

Regardless of whether if it was a free or not, what the hell were the defenders doing letting Jono Brown get a one-on-one contest 25m from goal from a long bomb hope kick with 30 seconds to go? Pathetic result.

B.Jones did very well, hope he is ok. Strijk, Stevens and Sheppard showed good signs too.

How good is Strijk overhead.

Brown should have held his ground, played for the free kick and went to ground. Soft/weak effort.

we have ourselves to blame.Why did Cox hold up play in the back pocket with 1m 11sec to go? We didnt get numbers forward and once we got in front seemed content to hold up play.With 4mns plus to go that is a recipe for disaster.Attack attack attack.We had them on the ropes why take your foot off their throat??? Why why why????????

The Brown shove was not a free kick .... and did not cost us the game.

It was crucial errors in the last quarter by Kennedy and Embley who both turned the ball over when we were in front.

Unacceptable decision making and or skill errors ........... have been destroying us all year.

Shit end to a shit season.

If his name wasn't Worsfold he would be paid out at seasons end.

Unfortunatly the Board doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger which for us means another season in 2011 of the same shit we have had to endure this season. :mad:

Lecras got mauled time and time again tonight and no freekick had it been any other player it would of been a free kick straight away. we might of had a bigger free kick count but that was due to the fact we were usually the first to the ball..

Lecras got mauled time and time again tonight and no freekick had it been any other player it would of been a free kick straight away. we might of had a bigger free kick count but that was due to the fact we were usually the first to the ball..

Was he even given a run in the midfield? Just to break that hard defensive tag Ash was giving him.

Was he even given a run in the midfield? Just to break that hard defensive tag Ash was giving him.

he had one or two short bursts in the midfield. Seriously if his name was anything else about from Mark Lecras he would of been paid a free kick early on which would of meant ash would of had to change his set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview West Coast vs Brisbane - Round 19 match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back