Game Day Round 19, 2024: West Coast vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a new coach and a serious pre season, steep list cuts and we'll be on the right track. Too much complacency for too long.
We need a new coach who knows how to run a midfield. How back line is great but the expectation that they save the day is too much. Time and time again the midfield let's them down. Offers nothing. Each and every week it's like they're not out there. Forward line pressure, where's that? We need to have a coach that's willing to **** players off who haven't got it. Petch hasn't shown he's up to it. Luke Edwards, cya. Roth and witho.
It wasn't entirely simmos fault and with the players out there today, it looks like they've learnt nothing these last two to three years.

5 year rebuild is a pipe dream. We lead the league in one cattergory, A grade spuds, we have two of the best in Bailey and Petch.
Yeah unfortunately I would say we get top 4 picks up until Tassie coming in. Scary to think we will still be poor when they get all the picks. Will have to get a lot right to avoid a very long rebuild.

From a financial standpoint, the club has a war chest of money just sitting there waiting for on and off field talent.

Pyke needs to go for broke and get the best.

Buckley for starters as Head Coach.

Geelong / Sydney list management and talent developers.

Liam Baker
Chad Warner

Just SPEND IT Pykey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah financially strong. Football wise a shambles for a while yet. Need to pick the eyes out of the draft and get great development from them. Hard to do both.

This is what happens when a coach is too loyal to his senior players, refuses to march them on when they're clearly cooked and doesn't ever trade out any players when they're not good enough to make the grade. Besides Rioli who wanted to go who the hell have we gotten rid of? THEY WANTED TO KEEP NIC NAT AND SHUEY ON FOR ONE MORE YEAR WHEN EVEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE FINISHED.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what happens when a coach is too loyal to his senior players, refuses to march them on when they're clearly cooked and doesn't ever trade out any players when they're not good enough to make the grade. Besides Rioli who wanted to go who the hell have we gotten rid of? THEY WANTED TO KEEP NIC NAT AND SHUEY ON FOR ONE MORE YEAR WHEN EVEN THEY KNEW THEY WERE FINISHED.
Stop shouting, we can hear you.

The best thing we can do with all that cash is stump up for a second WAFL team and put and end to this farcical bye situation. Seriously there's 6 games left in our season and I swear between the later start to the season and monthly [?] byes the beagles seem to have fielded a team in barely half the weeks we've played. The comp needs a 10th team and it needs it now, let's start the paperwork.

Wonder what those players that wanted Simpson gone are thinking now after that poor performance. Who are they going to blame now?
I donā€™t know about the players, but I still think a lot of this is because of Simpsons lack of accountability at the selection table. Too many senior players have been allowed to perform every week and pick up a check, and not get dropped. Thatā€™s why we are a lazy, unaccountable football team. Whoever comes in as coach needs to start getting rid of those players very quickly or dropping them to the WAFL till they perform regularly at the top level

For starters, Luke Shuey is NOT coaching material. Needs to be let go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bro... I was saying this the second Shuey got appointed into that role.

The clubs worst period in our entire history, total basket case, uncompetitive and a joke, and Shuey was the captain through it all, and we give him a job the second he retires? No new fresh faces? No external ideas who bring their own standards? No, Shuey, who led the on field side to disaster after disaster, is now doing it off field?

Joke. Still can't see any sense in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back