Game Day Round 19, 2024: West Coast vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about Chesser being subbed off tactically, out of this whole game, does not sit right with me.

Yeah we're shit, but the seemingly zero pathway to player development just gets to me.

But leave Cripps, LEdwards and Jones on. Barely give Culley and Chess a go in the midfield.

Had enough.

Alex Witherden has gone past Tom Cole as a player.
That is how bad he has been, Tom Cole his last 3 games have been horrible

Tom Cole and (fumbles) Jamie Cripps do not deserve a senior game next week

Hutch needs to be dropped as well
Don't get it, Cripps looked good last week.

Absolutely embarrassing effort. Only positive was that Chesser got the chance to play in the middle, as so many have been calling for. How'd that go?

Mate, he got one CBD with 5 mins to go in the third and was then subbed off.

Really weird you singling him out.

Ran the form team of the comp to 2 goals last week after an emotional week, not surprised we struggled to back up especially with arguably our 3 best players this year out. Was a truly awful performance but don't think this was bad as most are suggesting

The worst part for mine, was that a number of our players actually looked comfortable with the mediocrity.

We need to employ a head coach with the type of ‘I don’t care who you are, or what you’ve accomplished, or how long you’ve been here’ attitude to come in and blow everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One really good thing Woosha did in our last full rebuild was that he gave youth preference over certain seniors at all costs and constantly spoke about getting the youth to 50-60 games as quickly as possible for them to perform consistently/to see if they are cut out at this level. This helped fast tracked the rebuild.

We need a new coach to come in and do exactly that or else we will be stuck in this endless loop of shitness.
I thought this is what we were going to do this year, but it's not happening and our club will continue to be shit until they do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ran the form team of the comp to 2 goals last week after an emotional week, not surprised we struggled to back up especially with arguably our 3 best players this year out. Was a truly awful performance but don't think this was bad as most are suggesting
I agree with the first half of your post, but that was as bad a performance as it is possible to dish up. We had our score tripled by a poor side.

Oh well, there we are - team is gassed, no synergy, no Yeo, Gov or Waterman (all key playmakers). Don't care about the score, but not enough from our youth. Trew, Culley and Ledwards meh?

bullshit, our recruiting team created this fcuking mess.
Management has a lot to answer for.
I disagree, Simpson had never taken an interest in the second tier players and didn't embrace young players enough for several years, hence we have underdeveloped, useless 24-27 yr olds. And those under 24 are carrying the burden. We need to play more under 24's together so they can get smashed for the next two years then in year 3 we'll get some improvement.

I thought this is what we were going to do this year, but it's not happening and our club will continue to be shit until they do it

Pretty ****ing annoying. I would happily cop the floggings/defeats if we fielded a younger, developing team week in, week out but we've essentially wasted another year of development now.

Oh well, there we are - team is gassed, no synergy, no Yeo, Gov or Waterman (all key playmakers). Don't care about the score, but not enough from our youth. Chesser, Trew, Culley and Ledwards meh?
How about we give the youth a chance to get to 50 games together first, Simpson never gave them much of a go so like he said "we're coming from a long way back" which is entirely his fault.

I disagree, Simpson had never taken an interest in the second tier players and didn't embrace young players enough for several years, hence we have underdeveloped, useless 24-27 yr olds. And those under 24 are carrying the burden. We need to play more under 24's together so they can get smashed for the next two years then in year 3 we'll get some improvement.
you can't make silk purses out of sows ears.

Nizzy oversaw this. Several list managers. Strength and conditioning has walked. WAFL Eagles has been a catastrophe. And the coach. A lot of the architects of this multi-level cluster **** are gone. We will be at the bottom for a while yet. Lot of things to fix.
5 year rebuild is a pipe dream. We lead the league in one cattergory, A grade spuds, we have two of the best in Bailey and Petch.

Nizzy oversaw this. Several list managers. Strength and conditioning has walked. WAFL Eagles has been a catastrophe. And the coach. A lot of the architects of this multi-level cluster **** are gone. We will be at the bottom for a while yet. Lot of things to fix.

From a financial standpoint, the club has a war chest of money just sitting there waiting for on and off field talent.

Pyke needs to go for broke and get the best.

Buckley for starters as Head Coach.

Geelong / Sydney list management and talent developers.

Liam Baker
Chad Warner

Just SPEND IT Pykey!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back