West Coast vs Carlton Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

at least Ballantyne has potential for the Dockers. He won't realise it of course but as for Priddis.....

Freo might be as bad as the Weagles, but at least they play a more entertaining style of footy. The Weagles play a pretty bland workman style of game. Nic Nat is the only shining light. They have a few good to very good players, but no one else in that elite X-factor class. This is what's holding them back. There's no one else on their list that really strikes fear into an opposition.

An interesting analogy in terms of style is Port = Freo V Crows=Weagles i.e. Exciting/erratic V Dull/predictable, although the 2 SA teams are miles ahead of the Freagles talent wise.

:)

He C_P, sorry to hear about your condition. Don't get so hung up on BF.Most of it is just opinion and very biased at that. At the end of the day don't get so caught up in it all. True that your's is generally negative , but hey thats the way you roll. Don't let these guys tell you what you can and can't do, Take a leaf from Fevs book, water off a ducks back .
Get proffessioanl help if you need it , but don't let this forum bring you down. Were all just a bunch of Mad fans with biased opinions who love the CFC :).At the end of the day If you're going to be negative on these forumns you will no doubt cop it. I'll probably cop it for this post, but so what, just take it on the chin and move on. Don't take BF so serious.

Yeah thanks mate, although I do think that considering a lot of people are getting pissed off at me for my negative attitude, I have to try and be more positive in my posting approach ...

Do you think WC will trade Naitainui to Carlton so I don't grow to hate him? :cool:

I just knew that Warnock would be the one ruckman Naitanui would hurt.

Knockers is still a bit on the skinny side for a 23 year old ruckman.
He's one of those players with all the talent, so close to getting it all together. The "problem" is we have so many quality rucks on our list, who we want to play forward on occasions. Might be best to just get one of them to focus on being a full time KP forward rather than a part timer. Then they'll be able to develop their craft. Hampson is the obvious candidate.

[YOUTUBE]01Lyng1kgYs[/YOUTUBE]
But is Hampson a patch on St Kilda's March champion, Rhys Stanley? *cough* circle jerk

Only Stanley can kick running flat out. :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]mrjtaeCj-xg[/YOUTUBE]

Henderson and Mclean are yet to play a Game for us and Yarran has still to make the best 22. I think there is alarm bells when a team struggle to kick under 10 goals a game and make a lot of turn overs.We had a chance of getting Barry Hall for a couple of years for nothing but we were afraid because of his aggression.

Gees, that's what we should've done! Trade Fev and recruit Hall :rolleyes:

I can't remember seeing anyone that has actually suggested we are. In fact the only time I have seen the Top 4 mentioned is when c_p is slagging the club off.

I am virtually convinced now that c_p is not a Carlton supporter & in fact has no idea where his loyalties lie (although I sense he is not far from jumping on the Paddlepop Lions' bandwagon). I now personally think the best way to deal with him is to not respond to his posts & then he will eventually give up 'the ghost'.

Maybe we should all put him on ignore :)

If we sneak into the 8 this year it will be an exceptional yeah, but I'm expecting and 8-11th finish.

I would like to see someone overtake Eddie Betts as out leading goalkicker this year, I am not expecting much and no-one really step up to do it.

It'll be interesting to see how well Ratten will use his brains beyond Judd to manufacture some forward potency, I seriously think Ratten has no creative forward goal kicking plan post Fevola. Will be interesting how Yarran and Garlett evolve.

The first 4 games without Judd will be interesting, and will give us an indicator how the new faces fit into our side, post Fevola.

Thank God it's only 3 games....

That's all fair points, but from what I've read, some Carlton fans wanted Fev booted out of the club years ago.

It's actually rather hard to predict where Carlton is now situated on the Mick Malthouse premiership clock, probably gone back several hours following the departure of Fev.

I do wonder though if we didn't make a mistake going after Barry Hall in the trade period last year, he's doing damn well for the Bulldogs so far (of course there is always the risk he'll lose the plot)

Still think we should make a massive play for Jarryd Roughead at the end of the season, assuming Hawthornd doesn't re-sign him before then.

Who gives a toss about a coach who has been unsuccessful at winning premierships since the 90's... we had a coach like that and won 3 wooden spoons.

And he has had a much better list for most of the last 10 years.

We didnt make a mistake going after Hall. He will be on a 1 year contract with a possible extension at the end of the year. Assuming he doesnt have a brain implosion and kick off on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pfft - its your board, so i'll just leave crap posts like that alone and wish the rest of you good blokes well :thumbsu:

Don't take any notice of Parrot buddy, I certainly don't.

Eagles list is looking good. The comp is going to be pretty strongn in about 3 years time given the young quality on lists like ours, the Weagles, Adelaide and *gulp* the Pies.

Thanks for the videos.

We didnt make a mistake going after Hall. He will be on a 1 year contract with a possible extension at the end of the year. Assuming he doesnt have a brain implosion and kick off on the ground.

If we were going to recruit Barry Hall we would've had to give at least the pick we used to draft Marcus Davies. Happy to revisit in a few years but I'm quite happy we kept it at the moment.

If we were going to recruit Barry Hall we would've had to give at least the pick we used to draft Marcus Davies. Happy to revisit in a few years but I'm quite happy we kept it at the moment.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I would much prefer Davies to Hall to be perfectly honest now...

And the only reason I was supporting getting in Hall to the club would have been as a filler while we developed a new CHF. But seeing as we are developing a whole new forward line, we dont need someone the wrong side of 30 no matter how good he is.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I would much prefer Davies to Hall to be perfectly honest now...

And the only reason I was supporting getting in Hall to the club would have been as a filler while we developed a new CHF. But seeing as we are developing a whole new forward line, we dont need someone the wrong side of 30 no matter how good he is.
So I guess I am not coming out of retirement after all. Ratts just looked at me on Saturday and salivated thinking KPF!

So I guess I am not coming out of retirement after all. Ratts just looked at me on Saturday and salivated thinking KPF!

I have told you many times... you cant be a key position fool.

For the key position of fool for the blues... DBlues has it tied up already...or was it that they were all tied up... either way...

I have told you many times... you cant be a key position fool.

For the key position of fool for the blues... DBlues has it tied up already...or was it that they were all tied up... either way...
Hampson was the only bloke who made me look small! And as for skills my nanna has better disposal than most of the AFL kids these days

We're possibly taking a softly, softly approach with Warnock and trying to get him right for the rest of his career.

Warnock showed that he can play against Sydney.

NicNat will hit a lot of rucks like he did yesterday.

It's more a measure of how good Naitanui will be, than a knock on Warnock.

Plus Austin.

With Bower back, Waite will go forward and give us a mobile target to kick to.

Along with Henderson...

I think that, given this was a practice match, it is likely that Waite will play back for the first part of the year. There used to be a theory that guys coming back from knees were more suited to playing back because they get to run in straight lines a bit more rather than doubling back bit I am not sure if that theory is still current. Either way, since he played back, I suspect he will play back in the first part of the year. Carlton would have liked to win the game, but were not going out of their way to do so. It makes a lot more sense to me to play Waite in the position he is likely to start the year in.

Hampson was the only bloke who made me look small! And as for skills my nanna has better disposal than most of the AFL kids these days

I had a couple of mates at uni who would make Hammer look small...

They were both about 211cm tall (or 6'11" in the old money)

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast vs Carlton Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back