Preview West Coast vs Essendon - Subiaco - 27/06/13

West Coast vs Essendon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy, Lecras, Glass, Waters and Schofield are in line for a recall

5 changes is very disruptive. Hawthorn are a great side and will account for them

5 changes is very disruptive. Hawthorn are a great side and will account for them

I thought this was The Essendon V West Coast thread? If they play against the hawks that will be a run under there belt before this game will it not?

I thought this was The Essendon V West Coast thread? If they play against the hawks that will be a run under there belt before this game will it not?

And I was saying Hawthorn will account for them easily next week, showing my comment on their form to be correct. WC are an average side in poor form

Nope. You miss 3 shots on goal, your gone.

Hurley would have been delisted last year then! Crameri would have been dropped two years ago.

Isn't Melksham a midfielder? therefore his main priority is to see ball, get ball? any goals he kicks is an added invaluable bonus.

Liked your post Macca.. teams looked to have worked out the 'bye' issues after last year and have come out fresh and firing. It was expected to be an advantage to teams last year but didn't pan out that way.. looks like clubs have adjusted and it is now more what we expected.

I think it will give us an advantage over a team with a 6 day break.. also finally the AFL have done us a favour and not had us on an interstate trip with a 'short week' and also we have a longer rest on the return trip home too.. should all work in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Bellchambers in for Hurley and Dempsey for Pears correct?

Reckon it would be pretty spot on vs West Coast on Thursday week.

T-Bell is a must. As good as Paddy plays when he is the sole ruckman, he will get destroyed by Cox and Nic Nat. We must be careful with Nat, we need Ryder to go into the centre whenever he rucks, his athleticism will be too much for Bellchambers. Paddy is our best big to match Nic Nat's athleticism.

On a side note, I'm sick of seeing Naitanui always pulling off a trademark highlight against us. Seems like everytime we play him, he does something unforgiveable like winning the hitout, rove it, run past every mid, get to 50 and either set up a goal or go close to kicking it himself.

IN: TBC, Dempsey
Out: Merrett, and i have no idea who else, (Hurley if still sore i guess)

I'm glad I don't have to actually select a side at the moment! its been a few years since we have had such great selection issues at this stage of the year!

Ridiculously tough job to predict the ins and outs with the depth of our talls. Not sure if Fletch is a better option than Pears on the big ground over there. Bellchambers probably has to play, but are we too impotent up forward without Daniher? If Hurley is fit, do TRB finally play him back? Doing my head in.

Bellchambers for Pears, Hurley back against Darling?

On the Bellchambers thing, maybe use him around the ground and just try to "beat up" Nic Nat, and let Ryder kill it late in the game

Just think the forward line works better with 2 KPFs + crameri as a lead up medium player (had 20+ disposals 3 goals on the weekend took a few grabs too)

in

fletcher
dempsey

out

pears
kommer

this is the perfect opportunity to continue the triql with a primary ruck and a pinch hitter ruck.

this will tell us how well it works against a premier ruck combination.

never easy to beat the Eagles in Perth - and they will be desperate to do better in the 2nd half of the year. Its going to be tough especially against their rucks, TBell has to come in. I'd have;-

OUT: Hurley (inj) Davey Kommer
IN: Fletch Tbell Dempsey

Fletch Carlisle Baguley
Hibberd Hooker Dempsey
Heppell Watson Stanton
Zakka Ryder Winders
Crameri Daniher Melksham

Tbell Goddard Hocking

Bench from: Myers Pears Howlett Merrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad