Preview West Coast vs Essendon - Subiaco - 27/06/13

West Coast vs Essendon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pears has got to stay in, we need to get his confidence up. He is still in disgraceful form, well down on his best. Remember in 2009 when he destroyed Fev when we crushed them by 12 goals? Running up the wing and almost kicking goals, we need him back to his best.

I remember Jetta, running up the wing, kicking goals in 2007

Hurley wont play IMO and we will play a Ryder/JoeD forward line with TBC rucking.

I personally am not sure if its the way to go against West coast as i think Glass and Emac love the tall forwards and will get on top.

Hurley out, carlise fwd, fletcher back to take KPD role

Bellchambers, Fletcher and Dempsey will come in. Belly didn't impress me at the VFL game but Nic Nat and Cox are to much for most ruckmen on their own, so Ryder needs to help. With Hurley out, Pears will get dropped with Merrett out as well.

We will need Carlisle in the backline to cover Kennedy, Hooker on Darling with Fletcher on the resting ruckmen and he can also cover Hill.

Pears played well on the weekend, but Fletch is still Fletch.

Or maybe that everyone else named is better at their roles than he is
So therefore his time at Essendon is limited. I understand it is nice to have depth. But when a player is as good as Pears and is on the fringes of the team, then I think it is more valuable to trade him and get someone who would be a best 22 player, or get a good pick for him.

FWIW I think Pears is best 22, but if TRB don't think so, then I see him moving on come season's end.

Dear idiots,

Hooker is not going to be dropped.
Hooker is our most one dimensional big man & is very slow, done nothing wrong but you simply can't play Carlisle, Hurley, Fletcher, Ryder, Hooker, Bellchambers, Daniher, Crameri in the team at the same time and going in with just one ruckman is just to big of a risk imo.

That said I don't think Hooker will get dropped this week as Hurley will be doubtful.

So therefore his time at Essendon is limited. I understand it is nice to have depth. But when a player is as good as Pears and is on the fringes of the team, then I think it is more valuable to trade him and get someone who would be a best 22 player, or get a good pick for him.

FWIW I think Pears is best 22, but if TRB don't think so, then I see him moving on come season's end.

I think he knows hes the immediate backup to Fletcher when he retires which will either be at the end of this year or next year. I remember when Fletcher played his 350th Hird said lets hope he has 50 more. That at the time meant a retirement at the end of 2014 and i think Fletcher has basically said that will be it, maybe one more year im sure if he thinks he can go around again and be involved but hed be doubtful of that.

Its like TBC hanging around when we had Hille and Ryder ect.

Pears in this form is probably around our 22,23rd player picked with everyone available. Success and best 22 futures past 2013 are pretty much locked away for him.

Hooker is our most one dimensional big man & is very slow, done nothing wrong but you simply can't play Carlisle, Hurley, Fletcher, Ryder, Hooker, Bellchambers, Daniher, Crameri in the team at the same time and going in with just one ruckman is just to big of a risk imo.

That said I don't think Hooker will get dropped this week as Hurley will be doubtful.

You're quite right, so one of Daniher, Hurley or Bellchambers will miss, being currently worse players than Hooker.

Whatever it is that some of you say Heppell is carrying he needs more of. His last few weeks have been all class and probably the best footy he has played.

Needs to improve his delivery into the forward 50, but no doubt he's been good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pears in this form is probably around our 22,23rd player picked with everyone available. Success and best 22 futures past 2013 are pretty much locked away for him.

I think Pears in this form is probably a lot higher than that, it's just that he's in the unfortunate position where he isn't in the team to start with and someone has to play badly for him to come in, regardless of how good his form is, and everyone has been playing well down back.

I think Pears in this form is probably a lot higher than that, it's just that he's in the unfortunate position where he isn't in the team to start with and someone has to play badly for him to come in, regardless of how good his form is, and everyone has been playing well down back.
If all the backline are in form he sits 22/23rd on our list

Whether it be taking a defender or filling a hole, Hooker has been phenomenal this season.
I'm not sure of the number but he's no.1 by a country mile in intercept marks.

I'm also heading over to this game, getting pretty excited. Section 139 row A I'm guessing that's right on the fence, I hope Watson hugs me after kicking the winning goal like hirdy's moment in the west :)

Was at Etihad (then Telstra Dome), but against West Coast.

If there is one thing that really interests me on the preview threads, its crazy a$$ selections... Drop Hooker against a team boasting Kennedy, Darling, Nic Nat and Cox....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back