Preview West Coast vs Richmond - Rd 7 - Concrete Deck Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder when Edwards will be made accountable for poor performances. Worst performance of his career by the length of the Flemington and he's cruises to next week. He's been poor since last year. I called in the preseason he would struggle this year and got jumped on. He's being using up past credits for nearly a year. He's finished.

Ross wasn't even that bad. 19 touches at 84%. Not sure what more they want him to do when playing him in a role that doesn't suit him.

And Maurice got promoted off 7 touches in the vfl and no goals. 7....

Ins and outs have not made sense based off form for a long time. And it's coincided with being a bad football team.
In fairness Maurice has been in pretty good form most of the VFL season. Sure he was quiet last week, but he brings some things that we've been missing up forward for a while now, but also has a bit of X factor about him. Reckon Edwards remained because Cotchin was rested otherwise I think Titch was out. As I mentioned earlier there are going to be players playing for their short & long term future tomorrow night.

Mansell omitted is just f’ed up

Shedda and George rewarded for pathetc performances

Soldo back in is laughable

Atleast they’ve brought in class with stackman

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Soldo back in and no Miller or Biggy confirms to me Balta is playing back this week on JK.

Then Short will share the wing with Lambert.

So line-up in position will be:

Grimes. Balta. Rioli
Vlastuin. Gibcus. Broad
Short. Graham. McIntosh
Edwards. JRoo. Lambert
Baker. Lynch. Castagna
Nank. Bolton. Prestia
Stack. MRJ. Soldo. RCD
Sub: Mansell

Mansell out is a worry as Ryan, Rioli and Cripps are a handy small forward threat…

Rioli on Ryan. Grimes on Cripps. Broad on Rioli.

If shorty spends at least half the time in the centre square
He will break record for most goals ever kicked from the centre square
umps let (cripps) do it
so shorty gets the footy from a soldo tap run 30 metres without bouncing and puts it thru the big sticks 20 rows back. yeah 2 of those please.

Soldo back in and no Miller or Biggy confirms to me Balta is playing back this week on JK.

Then Short will share the wing with Lambert.

So line-up in position will be:

Grimes. Balta. Rioli
Vlastuin. Gibcus. Broad
Short. Graham. McIntosh
Edwards
. JRoo. Lambert
Baker.
Lynch. Castagna
Nank. Bolton. Prestia
Stack
. MRJ. Soldo. RCD
Sub: Mansell

easy win coming up....dimma please we have 14 running mobile players
lets rotate the shit outta them mid/wing,half forward and bench
run run run rotate rotate rotate. we all know eagles won't chase.

If shorty spends at least half the time in the centre square
He will break record for most goals ever kicked from the centre square
Only if he is taking a shot on the run, as umpires don't allow us to take set shots from outside 50m

I wonder when Edwards will be made accountable for poor performances. Worst performance of his career by the length of the Flemington and he's cruises to next week. He's been poor since last year. I called in the preseason he would struggle this year and got jumped on. He's being using up past credits for nearly a year. He's finished.

Ross wasn't even that bad. 19 touches at 84%. Not sure what more they want him to do when playing him in a role that doesn't suit him.

And Maurice got promoted off 7 touches in the vfl and no goals. 7....

Ins and outs have not made sense based off form for a long time. And it's coincided with being a bad football team.

How many times do you recall Ross storming back to help the defence? Or creating run and carry ? I feel he’s just a nothing player. Provides no drive. Provides no physicality. No pressure. No goal kicking threat. No offensive weapons. He just gets 18-20 largely pointless possessions.

So stats say he has been ok…. he just has zero impact on anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I think this is a big game for Graham. Our second most experienced contest mid behind Prestia. Hasn't needed to become a big contested player because of Prestia, Cotchin & Dusty, but with two of them out, needs to show if he has the leadership qualities that we all think he does to fill in the midfield void in the absence of Cotchin.

Unfortunately, Ross is slow to react, and is another who even when getting a positive possession stat rarely hurts anyone. He often takes the worst of options as well. We don’t need pedestrian players.
A plethora of players far worst than Ross have been given 50 + games , during Dimma’s tenure. Every time the kid gets some confidence and plays well he gets dropped .
Without Chocco , Dimma’s development of players =‘s **** all

That’s for sure. What did he do wrong and the likes of Edwards and George still in. Mansell in every week plz #Future

So who out of the following do you leave out for Mansell:
  • Grimes
  • Balta
  • Gibcus
  • Broad
  • Vlaustin
  • Rioli
  • Short

Thats not including Baker, who's currently named at HB, or Stack who can be swung back if needs must.

Mansell hasn't shown he can play as a winger or midfielder (yet), and I doubt they'll wedge him in as a half forward just to keep him in the team. You also have Stacky and Maurice Jr in, who both can rotate as midfielders or half forward.

Its easy to say to drop XXX player for someone we like to see play, but you also need to consider the dynamics of the whole team.

Not all players are dropped because they did something wrong. Sometime, you just have better options in the position he plays in.

Also, if Pickett was available, for example, you probably would see Edwards out for Pickett.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back