Preview West Coast vs Richmond - Rd 7 - Concrete Deck Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ff080b71edd093cf9ae59deb286411c039112c7e-jpeg.1386355
james brown

How many times do you recall Ross storming back to help the defence? Or creating run and carry ? I feel he’s just a nothing player. Provides no drive. Provides no physicality. No pressure. No goal kicking threat. No offensive weapons. He just gets 18-20 largely pointless possessions.

So stats say he has been ok…. he just has zero impact on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Absolutely nailed it.

Actually feel sorry for Ross, he’s been programmed to play that way. Arrived at the club as a 87kg inside beast, showed a fair bit in that role in his debut, got injured and then returned as an 80kg wingman/hb/outside mid.

Don’t understand the Short into midfield idea.

Has he played any midfield at any stage with the club?
We're pretty desperate to find another mid, so Dimma's just throwing magnets at the board and seeing if any stick.

Worst thing that can happen is he fails and goes back to being a star half back.

Absolutely nailed it.

Actually feel sorry for Ross, he’s been programmed to play that way. Arrived at the club as a 87kg inside beast, showed a fair bit in that role in his debut, got injured and then returned as an 80kg wingman/hb/outside mid.

vCyoit3.gif

In fairness Maurice has been in pretty good form most of the VFL season. Sure he was quiet last week, but he brings some things that we've been missing up forward for a while now, but also has a bit of X factor about him. Reckon Edwards remained because Cotchin was rested otherwise I think Titch was out. As I mentioned earlier there are going to be players playing for their short & long term future tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield looks horrendous

Eagles also have half their midfield out. Gaff, Yeo and Sheed. No Niknat also.
Kelly and Shuey their main mids, plus Redden to a lesser extent.

Prestia, Bolton, Short, Graham, RCD, Lambert, Stack, Macintosh, and Edwards all rotating through the midfield should be enough to get us the win!
Add Nank in there too!

Next week, Dusty, Cotchin and Pickett to return.

Eagles also have half their midfield out. Gaff, Yeo and Sheed. No Niknat also.
Kelly and Shuey their main mids, plus Redden to a lesser extent.

Prestia, Bolton, Short, Graham, RCD, Lambert, Stack, Macintosh, and Edwards all rotating through the midfield should be enough to get us the win!
Add Nank in there too!

Next week, Dusty, Cotchin and Pickett to return.

Well where 1 midfielder down with Edwards out of form , shouldn’t be playing IMO

Personally, I think this is a big game for Graham. Our second most experienced contest mid behind Prestia. Hasn't needed to become a big contested player because of Prestia, Cotchin & Dusty, but with two of them out, needs to show if he has the leadership qualities that we all think he does to fill in the midfield void in the absence of Cotchin.
Played like a spud this year tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back