West Coast will spank the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Chewy

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry Swannies, you've done well to get there once again, but I just can't see West Coast letting this one slip. They've been the best side for two years now and they should've beaten you in last year's Grand Final. In my opinion they were let down on that day by seven or eight nervous passengers. It won't happen again.

In the most recent game (and against Freo) Hall and O'Loughlin played out of their skins and kicked about 10 between them. They'll need to repeat this for you guys to have a chance. West Coast guns Kerr and Embley are back. Their best players are red hot at the moment and they are hungry.

Eagles by 5-6 goals.

Chewy said:
Sorry Swannies, you've done well to get there once again, but I just can't see West Coast letting this one slip. They've been the best side for two years now and they should've beaten you in last year's Grand Final. In my opinion they were let down on that day by seven or eight nervous passengers. It won't happen again.

In the most recent game (and against Freo) Hall and O'Loughlin played out of their skins and kicked about 10 between them. They'll need to repeat this for you guys to have a chance. West Coast guns Kerr and Embley are back. Their best players are red hot at the moment and they are hungry.

Eagles by 5-6 goals.

I would love it if you were right, but I can see it being really close again. I swear to god, my team has almost given me a heart condition this year with all the close matches. A spanking would be nice.

Chewy said:

Eagles by 5-6 goals.

And of course you'll be the first to get on here if you are wrong...and post a thread saying "Chewy is a Fu*knuts".....

Im sure we'll all look fwd to seeing it happen...if you have the nads to stand by what you say. Hmmm???????;)

Chewy said:

Eagles by 5-6 goals.

Spot on 100%

Sydney will be lucky to be still in touch at Half time.

West Coast will blow the swans out of the water in the 2nd quarter.

Game over

• Banned
The Other Coach (TOC) said:
And of course you'll be the first to get on here if you are wrong...and post a thread saying "Chewy is a Fu*knuts".....

Im sure we'll all look fwd to seeing it happen...if you have the nads to stand by what you say. Hmmm???????;)

Ummmm. Gulp. Okay.

Now where were we? Oh yeah. West Coast will win this comfortably. It won't even be close. People think that the last 4 games between these two sides have been close, therefore the next one will be close. I beg to differ.

West Coast's win over Adelaide was better than the score suggested. The West Coast midfielders were running rings around the Crows from the outset. They squandered opportunities and the Crows dug deep and played a top first half. The second half wasn't even a contest. Judd, Cousins, Kerr, etc were far too good. Don't forget that these were the best two sides playing.

Meanwhile, Sydney had the easier task (Freo at home) and their win was probably not as clear cut as the score suggested. Freo took it right up to them, in my opinion. The Swans forward line did the job against Freo's kids in defence, but they CAN expect West Coast's back six to be a much tougher proposition. Plus they are not going to generate the same amount of attacking run as they did against the Dockers. They are going to be flat out putting the clamp down on West Coast's midfield.

What do you reckon, TOC?

Or are you scared to have an opinion?

Shanii said:
I would love it if you were right, but I can see it being really close again. I swear to god, my team has almost given me a heart condition this year with all the close matches. A spanking would be nice.
Having experienced both in a grand final (a flogging and a heart-stopper), it is hard to put one in front of the other. In 2002 i could hardly look and the last quarter was a nightmare - but the feeling afterwards was incredible. In 2003 it was just nice to be able to enjoy the spectacle after half time.

Warwick said:
Having experienced both in a grand final (a flogging and a heart-stopper), it is hard to put one in front of the other. In 2002 i could hardly look and the last quarter was a nightmare - but the feeling afterwards was incredible. In 2003 it was just nice to be able to enjoy the spectacle after half time.

I can't imagine what a threepeat must have felt like. Man, you Lions supporters were a lucky bunch.:thumbsu:

Shanii said:
I can't imagine what a threepeat must have felt like. Man, you Lions supporters were a lucky bunch.:thumbsu:

The best thing about thier great era is our dominance over them at this time. :D

Sorry couldnt help that comment. ;)

Brisbane were a wonderful powerhouse club but all good times come to an end.

Good luck in the future. :thumbsu:

Chewy said:
Ummmm. Gulp. Okay.

Now where were we? Oh yeah. West Coast will win this comfortably. It won't even be close. People think that the last 4 games between these two sides have been close, therefore the next one will be close. I beg to differ.

West Coast's win over Adelaide was better than the score suggested. The West Coast midfielders were running rings around the Crows from the outset. They squandered opportunities and the Crows dug deep and played a top first half. The second half wasn't even a contest. Judd, Cousins, Kerr, etc were far too good. Don't forget that these were the best two sides playing.

Meanwhile, Sydney had the easier task (Freo at home) and their win was probably not as clear cut as the score suggested. Freo took it right up to them, in my opinion. The Swans forward line did the job against Freo's kids in defence, but they CAN expect West Coast's back six to be a much tougher proposition. Plus they are not going to generate the same amount of attacking run as they did against the Dockers. They are going to be flat out putting the clamp down on West Coast's midfield.

What do you reckon, TOC?

Or are you scared to have an opinion?

My opinion is that you dont have the cahones to shave with a safety razor, let alone put your balls where you gob is....:D

oh...sorry, you were asking my opinion on Football......:eek:

I reckon it'll probably go with the E-Gals...., they have more talent...but they are also more mentally frail...they have "baggage" :D

...if he Swans get on top late, the Wet Toast will panic....and Roos is a better coach.

Injury will probably decide it, as it usually does in tight grannies....it'll either be the Swans by a small margin...or the Toasters by 40 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GrayNicolls said:
keep writing the swans off peoples..............

underdog status will suit us beautifully ;)

Why are you swans supporters so concerned with being underdogs? Is it so you can take the moral high-ground if you lose and say "oh, we weren't expected to win anyway" or is it so you can rub it in if they win and say "we were underdogs and we still won". Underdog status matters naught at the first bounce. GF is a totally different proposition and underdog status only matters if you're betting money 'cause you win more if they win...

Geez, get over it.

...but i hope the Swans win....just so i can resurrect this thread and get the whole board to see Chewys "Im a f*cknuts" thread."

You're in the pipe buddy!!! Buckle up!!!:thumbsu: ;) ;)

I notice that you agree with me. How convenient.
West Coast win on Saturday... You were right.
Sydney win... I was wrong, plus you get to read a "Chewy: I Am A f**knuts" thread

You win either way... :rolleyes:

I tipped the Swans to win last year's flag early on (about round 4 or 5) and lucky for me, I had the cojones to whack $100 on 'em at 20.00. I got lucky....

The Swans will need to be the luckiest team in AFL history to claim back to back flags.

Fair enough Chewy.

I think you're speaking drivel, but you're entitled to an opinion.

I think we're better over the whole ground.

Only time will tell, but we have not put a foot wrong this September. It's funny that in both Preliminary Finals you said the score wasn't a true indication - I beg to differ. Eagles played a great second half. We were good for most of the night and probably should've put the Dockers away a lot earlier, just missed goals.

Yes we had the easier task - but aren't you forgetting something? We earned that 'easier task' by beating the EAGLES at home first up.

bzparkes said:
Why are you swans supporters so concerned with being underdogs? Is it so you can take the moral high-ground if you lose and say "oh, we weren't expected to win anyway" or is it so you can rub it in if they win and say "we were underdogs and we still won". Underdog status matters naught at the first bounce. GF is a totally different proposition and underdog status only matters if you're betting money 'cause you win more if they win...

Geez, get over it.

Spot on, its an excuse waiting to happen.

West Coast to be 2006 premiers by half time, game over for the swans :thumbsu:

bzparkes said:

Geez, get over it.

because thats when we play our best footy - simple really
roos knows how to get the players up in these situations and i'm confident the same thing will happen on the weekend

US vs them mentality

Bloods said:
Fair enough Chewy.

I think you're speaking drivel, but you're entitled to an opinion.

I think we're better over the whole ground.

Down forward you're better, definitely. But do you really think you're better in the middle and comprehensively better in the backline?

Chewy said:

Eagles by 5-6 goals.

Sydney will win. The game will be the same as last year. WCE may have a chance if Quinten Lynch has a big day out and kicks 6 or so. They will need to find a pathway to goal around Sydney's flood.

I reckon it'll probably go with the E-Gals...., they have more talent...but they are also more mentally frail...they have "baggage" :D

...if he Swans get on top late, the Wet Toast will panic....and Roos is a better coach.

Injury will probably decide it, as it usually does in tight grannies....it'll either be the Swans by a small margin...or the Toasters by 40 points.

I'd like to see us get off to the kind of start we had against Freo, but with a more accurate conversion rate to put a bit of early pressure on.

I think the early scoring may come more from the likes of O'Keefe, Schneider and Davis due to Hall and Micky being heavily marked in the beginning of the game.

If Woosha throws back an extra man in defence, I'd like to see us do the same rather than man him up to create a better opening for running out of the halfback line.

I'm expecting a tight tussle up to and into the early stages of the 4th quarter, but I think the Eagles are more susceptible to errors if they are behind 1/2-way into the final quarter which could cost them a couple of goals and ultimately the game.

Sydney thrive on that kind of pressure and I can't see us being panicky if we are a goal or two down with 10-minutes to go.

Hit outs to advantage will be critical as I'd expect the clearances to be highly contested and with both teams strong at man on man footy, it'll be up to the 'tough nuts' (Bolton, Buchanon, Kerr, etc.) to sort out the centre work and come out with the ball.

If the Eagles win the centre, they are well on their way. Conversely, us getting our running game working out of our back half early will nullify this to some degree as we have a few long kicking players in the side now.

For me its hopefully us by around 4 goals, and if the Eagles get up, I reckon its by less than 12 points.

Thats just my opinion.

Shanii said:
Down forward you're better, definitely. But do you really think you're better in the middle and comprehensively better in the backline?

I didn't put 'comprehensively' in anywhere. Your strength is your midfield, ours is our forward line. After that I think we're more even across the ground. Your guns all seem to be in the one spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast will spank the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back