Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

McLean

Daylight

Wallis
Dahlhaus

Dahlhaus will probably play more games than Wallis though, just can't see him getting back to his 2015 heights though

Talking on a SC basis on the inform, popular or likely keeper types

R14
Heeney
Menegola
Mundy
Acres
Walters
Parfitt
Billings
Buddy (if injury isn't too bad)

R13
Hogan
Smith
Petracca
Brown
Lids
Greene
Robinson
Christensen

R12
McLean
Sicily (if playing forward)
Dahlhaus
Fisher
English

R10
Gray
Westhoff
Lynch
Boak

McLean has an advantage over many through the byes like Gray with limited premium forward options the first two weeks, most of the relevant forwards seem to be R14 which I feel many will get caught out by that week. I think McLean can maintain a 95-105avg, he scored well in games we struggled in (only got 72SC on the weekend, but it was 110DT for some perspective).
Thanks for that! also quick question im considering trading out one of Naughton and Richards this week who would you trade and why?

Richards has been quite disappointing and just isnt getting enough of the ball and looks like a 45-52 average play, are you guys just not using him offensively or? On the other hand Naughton down to a rookie gives me more cash? Any thoughts?

Thanks for that! also quick question im considering trading out one of Naughton and Richards this week who would you trade and why?

Richards has been quite disappointing and just isnt getting enough of the ball and looks like a 45-52 average play, are you guys just not using him offensively or? On the other hand Naughton down to a rookie gives me more cash? Any thoughts?
I'd be holding both this week if it's for Supercoach

Richards has a breakeven of 21 and Naughton's is just 7, they'll both make more money this week providing no early injury scores, Richards is at the lower price though, so if he scores well this week he could carry making cash for another 2-3 weeks, while Naughton will have to score 60+ to keep that breakeven low for next week as the cash boosting 78 falls out after his next game.

They both may need trading out in the next few weeks though, Cole and Duman may be downgrade options next week for example.

How is your overall team coming along? Were you hit hard up forward by Buddy/Greene/Sicily/Petracca etc? If say you were like myself then I'd prioritise that for this week.

I'd be holding both this week if it's for Supercoach

Richards has a breakeven of 21 and Naughton's is just 7, they'll both make more money this week providing no early injury scores, Richards is at the lower price though, so if he scores well this week he could carry making cash for another 2-3 weeks, while Naughton will have to score 60+ to keep that breakeven low for next week as the cash boosting 78 falls out after his next game.

They both may need trading out in the next few weeks though, Cole and Duman may be downgrade options next week for example.

How is your overall team coming along? Were you hit hard up forward by Buddy/Greene/Sicily/Petracca etc? If say you were like myself then I'd prioritise that for this week.
Im currently ranked in the top 300. Naughton/Richards will make room for higgins/Guelfi, im just really wondering whether more ball is gonna be given to richards or not because like this he''s not going to generate much cash. And nah, I wasnt hit too hard by the forwards.

Im currently ranked in the top 300. Naughton/Richards will make room for higgins/Guelfi, im just really wondering whether more ball is gonna be given to richards or not because like this he''s not going to generate much cash. And nah, I wasnt hit too hard by the forwards.
We have Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane all at home the next 3 weeks, every chance he pumps out a solid score or two in that run

Mate why are you asking for advice at that rank? :p good stuff

I'd be getting rid of your Garlett or Brayshaw slow burn types first if you feel you need a Higgins or Guelfi type downgrade this week, not convinced Higgins plays week in week out either as small forward is the Tiges strongest position of depth. I'm likely grabbing Guelfi this week, but would prefer Mirra for extra cash if Garlett is a late in

Is Tim English likely to force his way back into the team, or is it dependent on injuries?
I'd say it's very likely he'll be back. Was just running out of gas a little bit so went back to the VFL this week.
Safe bet would be after the bye for Tim specifically, but every chance he could be in before it. Bevo mentioned he wants another ruck in.

I'd say it's very likely he'll be back. Was just running out of gas a little bit so went back to the VFL this week.
Safe bet would be after the bye for Tim specifically, but every chance he could be in before it. Bevo mentioned he wants another ruck in.

Thanks, hope he's back soonish.

I'm thinking trading out Bont this week (sideways trades ftw).. Am I jumping at shadows or are the hip/body 'rumours' worrisome enough to suggest that Bont's a) scoring + b) durability/reliability goes down? I'm a big fan of him, but that performance last week wasn't great (fantasy score wise at least) and if there is something wrong, reckon you'd be tempted to give him a decent rest and reload for 2019 (e.g. what I'm kinda thinking we should do with Danihers OP). But hey, I'm no doctor... :thumbsu:

I'm thinking trading out Bont this week (sideways trades ftw).. Am I jumping at shadows or are the hip/body 'rumours' worrisome enough to suggest that Bont's a) scoring + b) durability/reliability goes down? I'm a big fan of him, but that performance last week wasn't great (fantasy score wise at least) and if there is something wrong, reckon you'd be tempted to give him a decent rest and reload for 2019 (e.g. what I'm kinda thinking we should do with Danihers OP). But hey, I'm no doctor... :thumbsu:

Since you've gone this far with him, I'd wait until next weeks bye before trading him. Unless you have a gazillion trades left.

You're right though, he doesn't look ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, how likely is Roarke Smith to keep his spot in your side? He would be the perfect downgrade target after your bye.
Not very likely IMO. Doesn't look like an AFL player to me, good VFL player sure not giving us much when he plays AFL.

hey guys was wondering how Bont's role has changed?

Seems to be getting quite a few good scores but average is still quite low at 103.7 for a midfielder? Do you guys expect him to score 110 for the rest of the season?

hey guys was wondering how Bont's role has changed?

Seems to be getting quite a few good scores but average is still quite low at 103.7 for a midfielder? Do you guys expect him to score 110 for the rest of the season?
He's carrying some sort of hip injury and has spent a lot of time resting forward, reducing his average.

I'm still keeping him, but it's unlikely his average will increase for the remainder of the year :(

He's carrying some sort of hip injury and has spent a lot of time resting forward, reducing his average.

I'm still keeping him, but it's unlikely his average will increase for the remainder of the year :(
Thanks for this.

So you're saying he was carrying an injury in round 11 and that probably still hasn't recovered yet despite the extra week off from the bye?

I'm actually thinking about trading him in for Holman this round. Being ranked around the 75th overall, not much point trading in Macrae who is overpriced and highly owned in the top 50 even if I'm probably out of contention for the grand prize.

You mentioned he's been injured recently and spending more time forward, but he's actually scored quite well recently?

Anyways, to sum it up, my questions are:

1. Do you think he still hasn't recovered from injuries despite extra time off from the byes
2. Do you still see him resting up forward alot? So like 50-50 mid/fwd?

Thanks

Sorry to intrude but how would you guys rate Lynch as a supercoach prospect? Does he get a fair amount of the ball or is he more of a lockdown defender?

Sorry to intrude but how would you guys rate Lynch as a supercoach prospect? Does he get a fair amount of the ball or is he more of a lockdown defender?
Dashing rebounder, but a bit raw

Watch him first, wouldn't bring him in til his third game

I'd wait to see him first - he's a running half back but he hasn't had big raps from VFL level. His job security is shaky at best

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back