Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really liking the look of McLean but am curious to know more about Bailey Williams, he scored pretty well yesterday - but I don't know much about him. Is he likely to have a permanent spot in the best 22 when the real stuff begins?

What are the pros and cons of Williams?

Pros

High possession winner (at junior and VFL level)
Capable on the the intercept
Strong overhead

Cons

Makes really dumb decisions at times
Not great defensively

He wasn't overly convincing on the weekend despite his score. He had 2 or 3 bad turnovers and I thought Breust got away from him too easily when matched up on him. I do think he has the game to perhaps be a Matthew Boyd like scorer, but I'm not sure that's going to be this year and he's no certainty to even be in the best 22. I wouldn't risk it at that price tag personally.

Where is Wallis? why hasn't he been playing? Surely he is best 22

Injured

Pros

High possession winner (at junior and VFL level)
Capable on the the intercept
Strong overhead

Cons

Makes really dumb decisions at times
Not great defensively

He wasn't overly convincing on the weekend despite his score. He had 2 or 3 bad turnovers and I thought Breust got away from him too easily when matched up on him. I do think he has the game to perhaps be a Matthew Boyd like scorer, but I'm not sure that's going to be this year and he's no certainty to even be in the best 22. I wouldn't risk it at that price tag personally.

Injured
Thanks cop

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hi guys.

Do you guys have a projected first 18/22 anywhere on your board? Been firing blanks trying to find some info.

I run a VERY deep league (16 teams, 28 players a team, 8 players kept from the previous season at a cost of X-2 rounds to keep, so a 10th rounder would cost you your 8th next year).

We are getting towards the dregs at the moment and wondering which of your fringe guys are likely to start the season. Specifically these guys, who are as of yet undrafted.

- Callum Porter
- Mitch Honeychurch
- Clay Smith (hated him since his 2012 rookie season, killed me from a top 100 finish in DT, nailed literally everyone else)
- Aaron Naughton

Preference to potential upside, as we kind of already know what Clay Smith's role is as a small forward, whether any of the others could plausibly beat it.

Cheers all.

Is there any information on this? What happened? how long is he out for

He had a precautionary scan on the leg he broke according to a report on the radio the other week. Since nothings been said, it was probably only a knock. That's all I've got.

Regarding your earlier question, he's no certainty of being in the 22. It was a pretty horrific break he suffered and found himself out of the 22 at the end of last year. There must be some question marks on whether he can return to his best.
Even before the leg break he wasn't exactly an integral part of our team. In 2016, he played 17 games and finished 26th in the best and fairest. This was basically because he was forced to play a lot more up forward when Libba was in the side, a role he's not that great at. With Libba returning to form, he's probably set to spend a lot of time up forward again. Don't expect him to score big even if he makes the side.

What was Rougheads injury, will he be ok for Rd1?
Roughead copped two bruises early in JLT2, one to the groin/thigh and one to the lower back. Think he should be fine for Rd1, but no guarantees.

Last edited:
Im looking at trading for Biggs in a draft game, was there any reason he was not playing on the weekend? (played really well in JLT1 from his scores)

Appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im looking at trading for Biggs in a draft game, was there any reason he was not playing on the weekend? (played really well in JLT1 from his scores)

Appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks

The Western Bulldogs have made one change to their squad ahead of Saturday’s JLT Community Series clash with Collingwood, with Billy Gowers set to replace defender Shane Biggs who’ll miss with a back spasm.

The 26-year-old Biggs will be assessed with the view to resume full training in the coming days.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-03-09/final-squad-named-for-jlt2-

Tim English guys and girls. Will he play ever this year, and does that rely on RUcks being depleted, or will Bevo give him a crack regardless? THanks in advance!
He played a couple of games last year mostly on the flank, he's a no 1 ruck so didn't score well.
Firmly in the developing category so even if he gets games his job security isn't great especially with Trengove playing ruck/forward noting Trenners won the Port B&F playing ruck.

hey guys just wondering who is likely to expect more midfield time Mclean or dahl?

They will both rotate through midfield and forward on a similar basis to last year.

FWIW I have both in my SC team - McLean has the biggest upside.

Hey guys, assuming Roughead is right for round 1, how do you see the rucking split between him and Trengove? $344k is awfully tempting given how crap the forward line is this year. Averaged 96 at Port in the games he had decent rucking minutes in 2016..

Hey guys, assuming Roughead is right for round 1, how do you see the rucking split between him and Trengove? $344k is awfully tempting given how crap the forward line is this year. Averaged 96 at Port in the games he had decent rucking minutes in 2016..

To be honest I think our ruck load will be shared around even more this year for any of our rucks to be of significant fantasy value. Trengrove, Roughead and Boyd will all share bulk ruck duties at some point this season until one of them stands out more. Trengrove with his better mobility and marking will offer more around the ground than the other two though. Can't see Trengrove reaching an 96 average, though I would love to be wrong

To be honest I think our ruck load will be shared around even more this year for any of our rucks to be of significant fantasy value. Trengrove, Roughead and Boyd will all share bulk ruck duties at some point this season until one of them stands out more. Trengrove with his better mobility and marking will offer more around the ground than the other two though. Can't see Trengrove reaching an 96 average, though I would love to be wrong
Thanks for the response! Planning on using him as a stepping stone, not holding all season. I think if Roughead doesn't get up for round 1 I'll pull the trigger, otherwise I'll stay clear. Cheers again

Whats the forecast for Bont, will he spend large chunks in the forward line or will be be used primarily as a mid? Im hoping for a 110+ SC ave.

Whats the forecast for Bont, will he spend large chunks in the forward line or will be be used primarily as a mid? Im hoping for a 110+ SC ave.
If he was played in the guts permanently then I would expect him to average 115 SC.

But our forwardline is currently shambolic and I expect Bont will spend plenty of time at CHF in 2018, which will likely reduce his SC scoring from its full potential.

I'm not going to start him in my SC team this year, for the first time in a couple of years.

Libba on the other hand = :lock:

If he was played in the guts permanently then I would expect him to average 115 SC.

But our forwardline is currently shambolic and I expect Bont will spend plenty of time at CHF in 2018, which will likely reduce his SC scoring from its full potential.

I'm not going to start him in my SC team this year, for the first time in a couple of years.

Libba on the other hand = :lock:
Yeah libba looks the goods, whats been the change in him that sees him set for a big one? Also McLean a forward line lock? I think he can ave 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back