Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Last year we held a vote for each line of the Dogs' best 22, with the players earning the most votes "winning" that position. This culminated in a BigFooty Best 22, and I plan on doing much the same this year.

Voting is as per last year: a number of players that I feel are relevant to the current section of the ground will be placed into a poll. You are to vote for as many players as is required. For example, we'll be picking the full back line from now until Sunday, so you should vote for two back pockets, two half backs, a full back and a centre-half back. New polls will be put up every few days. Below is a tentative schedule:

Back line: NOW - 12:01am Friday 2nd December
On-ballers: 12:01am Friday 2nd - 12:01am Monday 5th
Wingmen: 12:01am Monday 5th - 12:01am Thursday 8th
Forward line: 12:01am Thursday 8th - 12:01am Sunday 11th
Interchange: 12:01am Sunday 11th - 12:01am Wednesday 14th
Alteration period: 12:01am Wednesday 14th - 12:01am Saturday 17th

I may alter the schedule if we're not getting enough votes. Feel free to discuss the selections on the thread but make sure you vote in the poll to ensure that your vote is counted. Only votes from Western Bulldogs supporters will be considered.

Again, in this poll we're selecting two back pockets, two half backs, a centre-half back and a full back. If you believe I've missed anybody that should be eligible in these positions, let me know and I'll add them in.

2016 Lineup
FB: Morris - Roberts - Boyd
HB: Murphy - Hamling - Wood
C: Hunter - Liberatore - Macrae
HF: McLean - Stringer - Crameri
FF: Dickson - Boyd - Dahlhaus
R: Roughead - Wallis - Bontempelli
I: Picken - Johannisen - Suckling - Stevens

Current 2017 Lineup
FB: Dale Morris (102 votes) - Marcus Adams (92) - Matthew Boyd (86)
HB: Jason Johannisen (94) - Easton Wood (104) - Robert Murphy (81)
C: Lachie Hunter (75) - Marcus Bontempelli (81) - Jack Macrae (74)
HF: Jake Stringer (114) - Travis Cloke (73) - Stewart Crameri (111)
FF: Tory Dickson (107) - Tom Boyd (109) - Clay Smith (63)
R: Jordan Roughead (76) - Tom Liberatore (75) - Luke Dahlhaus (50)
I: Liam Picken (84) - Caleb Daniel (80) - Shane Biggs (67) - Mitch Wallis (36)​

Last edited:
Last year we held a vote for each line of the Dogs' best 22, with the players earning the most votes "winning" that position. This culminated in a BigFooty Best 22, and I plan on doing much the same this year.

Voting is as per last year: a number of players that I feel are relevant to the current section of the ground will be placed into a poll. You are to vote for as many players as is required. For example, we'll be picking the full back line from now until Sunday, so you should vote for two back pockets, two half backs, a full back and a centre-half back. New polls will be put up every few days. Below is a tentative schedule:

Back line: NOW - 12:01am Friday 2nd December
On-ballers: 12:01am Friday 2nd - 12:01am Monday 5th
Wingmen: 12:01am Monday 5th - 12:01am Thursday 8th
Forward line: 12:01am Thursday 8th - 12:01am Sunday 11th
Interchange: 12:01am Sunday 11th - 12:01am Wednesday 14th
Alteration period: 12:01am Wednesday 14th - 12:01am Saturday 17th

I may alter the schedule if we're not getting enough votes. Feel free to discuss the selections on the thread but make sure you vote in the poll to ensure that your vote is counted. Only votes from Western Bulldogs supporters will be considered.

Again, in this poll we're selecting two back pockets and a full back. If you believe I've missed anybody that should be eligible in these positions, let me know and I'll add them in.

2016 Lineup
FB: Morris - Roberts - Boyd
HB: Murphy - Hamling - Wood
C: Hunter - Liberatore - Macrae
HF: McLean - Stringer - Crameri
FF: Dickson - Boyd - Dahlhaus
R: Roughead - Wallis - Bontempelli
I: Picken - Johannisen - Suckling - Stevens

Current 2017 Lineup
FB: x - x - x
HB: x - x - x
C: x - x - x
HF: x - x - x
FF: x - x - x
R: x - x - x
I: x - x - x - x​
I think you forgot to edit this bit from last time

Hardest choice for me was between Boyd and Biggs. Ended up going with the 2016 AA. I'll back Shiggsy in to make the interchange like the beast he is.
I went Biggs because the defensive setup I favour is quite small. Biggs plays a very important role for us with his ability to play taller without being destroyed.

At any rate, you'd imagine all 7-8 defenders get in somewhere, so you're splitting hairs really.

2017: Biggs > MBoyd, RMurphy

Controversial... Biggs severely underrated on BF

Not sure the match committee is going to agree with you there but obviously he's an essential piece once those other guys go and were transitioning to Williams.

Sometimes on a team this stacked, guys deserving of b22 spots sometimes might not get one.

Difficult to fit it into six as we normally play 7 (an extra running defender) and rotate the running positions through the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris - Roberts - Boyd
Wood - Cordy - Biggs

Surprised at the lack of love for Syd. I'd prefer him over Adams with Cordy to play the Hamling role.

Moz - Adams - Biggs
JJ - Wood - Bob

With Roberts, Moyd, Collins and a couple of runners in there too.
I think we'll see a very similar set up to last year, players playing roles etc. It would be nice for stability though.
I struggle having Moyd and Bob starting together.

Bailey Williams gets a start for me. Boyd to the bench. Gives Murphy the flexibility to play mid or forward.

Fb: wood Morris JJ
Hb: Murphy Adams Williams

I was thinking this last night, but struggled to think of when/who Murphy would replace up forward. Our forward line is deeeeep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Back