Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of funny that our backline is so stacked that matty suckling doesnt rate a mention. Hes a bloody decent player

He's in my 22 - just on the bench though as with Biggsy - we have a backline full of AA's

Biggs - Adams - Boyd
JJ - Morris - Wood

The lack of respect for Fletcher Roberts is appalling, he is
the Mark Austin of the current side, underrated unloved.
I'm a big Fletch fan (he's far better than Austin), but it's pretty hard to put him in the first six when he's competing with Adams, Morris, Wood, JJ, Murphy, Moyd, Shiggsy, Suckling, Williams, Cordy, Collins and Roarke. That group has four all-australians, a norm smith medallist, a better key defender (that's already 6), two high-quality players who would walk into just about anyone's back 6 and four young guns who could possibly go past him this year. With injuries, form and week to week match-ups, I reckon Fletch will play plenty of games this year though.

I just think Williams is going to be pretty special and he's a guy I just think we need to find a way to get into the team.
Absolutely, the kid is a jet. I've got him on the bench (splitting hairs with him, Biggs and Boyd), but I really hope we play him every week this year.

I'm a big Fletch fan (he's far better than Austin), but it's pretty hard to put him in the first six when he's competing with Adams, Morris, Wood, JJ, Murphy, Moyd, Shiggsy, Suckling, Williams, Cordy, Collins and Roarke. That group has four all-australians, a norm smith medallist, a better key defender (that's already 6), two high-quality players who would walk into just about anyone's back 6 and four young guns who could possibly go past him this year. With injuries, form and week to week match-ups, I reckon Fletch will play plenty of games this year though.
The Mark Austin thing was a taking of the piss, an extraction of
epic proportions. I don't think Roberts is competing with those
blokes at all, Adams, Collins and Cordy maybe, but those three
are yet to be proven reliable and are very much in the early
stages of KPD greatness. I believe Collins has had the bolts
ground off his neck and his agility and closing speed has gone
through the roof Ivan Drago style (i must break you). I am
thinking of Bailey Williams as a mid by the way.

Back six, as voted by BigFooty (can play around with positions after we've got the 22 if needed):

FB: Dale Morris (102 votes) - Marcus Adams (92) - Matthew Boyd (86)
HB: Jason Johannisen (94) - Easton Wood (104) - Robert Murphy (81)

Next in line were Shane Biggs (40), Fletcher Roberts (15), Zaine Cordy (10), Matthew Suckling (4) and Bailey Williams (4).

I'll get the next part of the poll up tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably should have voted the wings here also but I'm going to vote like I suspect everyone will with Rough,Bont,Libba,Dahl.

If we work on traditional positions, centre, rover, RR and ruck, then Wallis is first choice centre, Liber the rover, Bont RR and Roughy is first choice ruck. Dalhaus moves through those positions but also plays wing and half foward.

Mids is actually 6 positions. Including wings. Macrea and JJ make up the wings in my book. I have Dahlhaus as first choice small forward. Picken, hunter, smith and Daniel then rotate through the middle and forward along with Dalhaus.

The first choice back 6 for me is,
Morris, Adams, Boyd
Murphy, Wood, Biggs

There should be pressure coming from Williams for half back flank position, while Roberts is there if we need an extra tall and of Course Cordy will also be hard to keep out. I'm not a massive Suckling fan, but concede he's a good player, but he's not ahead of those already mentioned in my book. R. Smith is another in the wings. Not sure yet what the new kids will be like.

Wallis will miss most of next year?? That's the only reason I'm not voting for him.

On-ballers, as voted by BigFooty (can play around with positions after we've got the 22 if needed):

C: x - Marcus Bontempelli (81 votes) - x

R: Jordan Roughead (76) - Tom Liberatore (75) - Luke Dahlhaus (50)

Next in line were Jack Macrae (22), Mitch Wallis (12), Liam Picken (3) and Tom Campbell (3).

The next part of the poll is up now. We are voting on wingmen, so please select two of the players in the above poll.

Poll will close at 12:01am on Thursday the 8th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - finalised!

Back