Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - Now Voting on Interchange (vote for 4)

Which four players make up the interchange of our "best 22"?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Minson, Bontempelli, Dahl, Wallis.

Surprised so many have written Minson off.
I don't see it as writing him off. He's not as versatile as some others in the team and that might be going against him. I'm not writing Biggs off, but he's not in my best 22. I'm not writing Smith off, but he's not in my best 22 either.

Or is it just that you're surprised not as many people have him starting ruck?

I don't see it as writing him off. He's not as versatile as some others in the team and that might be going against him. I'm not writing Biggs off, but he's not in my best 22. I'm not writing Smith off, but he's not in my best 22 either.

Or is it just that you're surprised not as many people have him starting ruck?

I'm not that surprised he isn't the #1 preferred ruck. To be the 3rd is surprising though. Was our best performed ruck this year IMO.

Minson showed us in the final he's still our best ruck IMO. Him and Roughy with Campbell to take over on 12 or so months.

Minson showed us in the final he's still our best ruck IMO. Him and Roughy with Campbell to take over on 12 or so months.

I feel like Campbell is closing the gap on Minson. Stats seem to suggest it as well. He plays a lot like Minno though which I'm not sure is what the coach wants.

Roughead is harder to get a read on stats wise because he changed positions a few times during the year.

In order to progress we need to find a way to increase our number of contested marks all around the ground

If that's what you want we're better off playing Roughead in defense so we can get Minson or Campbell into the side as well. If Roughead plays ruck they're in the VFL

Roughie, Libba, Bont, Wallis.

Roughie has his chance this year to BE the ruck that Bev wants, Half decent in tapping, is all thats needed, but can move better then both Minnow and Campbell, is a very good overhead mark, which our midfield lacks i feel.

If that's what you want we're better off playing Roughead in defense so we can get Minson or Campbell into the side as well. If Roughead plays ruck they're in the VFL
Defenders don't feature as highly up the ground as ruckmen who tend to push up and back relatively aggressively in accordance with the play. What I want is that target across the ground and Roughead being chained in the defensive 50-60 doesn't really offer that, nor do Campbell/Minson in the ruck (although Campbell's improving).

New poll will go up later today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I shudder to think what will happen if Roughy is our number one ruck.

Simply not sold on this bloke and never have been. His injuries make it even more concerning people think he is our best option.

He Failed forward.
Was passable but not great back.
He is not a ruckman or we would have played him there full time seeing we have been crying out for one.

We seem intent on squashing this bloke into the team somehow and I honestly don't see a spot for him.

Mino is out best ruck option by the length of the straight at the moment and Campbell and Rough are not and never will be good enough IMO

Agree Testekill, but is it a bit one paced ? I think Dal and Jong and to an
extent Picken added to that dynamic even if their disposal is substandard.

The Hawks prove you don't need raw page in the midfield but you do need decent disposal

Michell Hodge Sewell Lewis have been their backbone through their strong period and none have real speed but all could use the ball.

They also prove you cannot carry blokrs whos disposal is rubbish, getting the ball is hard enough then you have to keep it.

Speed outside is the key if you kids are one paced but those outside must be good ball users.

With sub rule gone & a lack of KPD's, I'd play both. Roughy can spend time in the backline & ruck while Minson can do forward line & ruck. All Minson needs to do to be a-grade again is be able to clunk a few grabs when he's down there, at the very least he should take a big body away from Boyd/Stringer etc as well.

Agree Testekill, but is it a bit one paced ? I think Dal and Jong and to an
extent Picken added to that dynamic even if their disposal is substandard.

Who cares about one paced when anyone who is in between the ball & that Libba/Wallis/Bont group will probably die?

The Hawks prove you don't need raw page in the midfield but you do need decent disposal

Michell Hodge Sewell Lewis have been their backbone through their strong period and none have real speed but all could use the ball.

They also prove you cannot carry blokrs whos disposal is rubbish, getting the ball is hard enough then you have to keep it.

Speed outside is the key if you kids are one paced but those outside must be good ball users.
Hawthorn rely on getting the ball at half back and using it through an
outnumber much the same as we did this year although we are forced
to go by hand and wave run due to our lack of foot skills ( play to your
strengths). Sides that rely on getting numbers back to defend like
Sydney, Freo and West coast can only beat the Hawks on a smaller or
narrower ground width and space or the MCG game over. Sorry bit off topic MD

Our consensus ruckman is Jordan Roughead and our on-ball division is led by Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis. The team thus far:

FB: Morris - Roberts - Boyd
HB: Murphy - Hamling - Wood
C: x - Liberatore - x
HF: x - x - x
FF: x - x - x
R: Roughead - Wallis - Bontempelli
I: x - x - x - x
The poll has been updated. We are now voting on our starting wingmen. Please select two players from the poll.

Brad hill and Isaac smith are two of the best high speed athletes in the afl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs BigFooty Consensus Best 22 - Now Voting on Interchange (vote for 4)

Back