Western Bulldogs - Kings of Momentum

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfpac

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2005
Earth
AFL Club
Essendon
I was listening to 3AW's call at the Game tonight and during the last quarter one of the commentators called them the "Kings of Momentum". The reason behind this because when they were hot, they were HOT. But when they were cold, they stayed cold. Now this is true. Look at the game tonight. When they were on a roll, THEY WERE ON A ROLL. They kick 8 consecutive goals in the 2nd quarter, and 7 in the 4th quarter. But in the 3rd they just lost their confidence and played badly. To go from 3 points down in the 12 minute mark, to 46 up in the 27th minute is a massive run of momentum.

Is being the "Kings of Momentum" good or bad? Because if they are on a run it's great, but two weeks in a row they let teams back into a match that was won. And one day it might cost them.

The reason why Lions got on a roll was mainly that Charman took brief control at the centre bounces and Lappin must have had 10 touches in the same stint mainly straight out of the middle. Funily enough Cooney took control in the last and Dogs got back on a roll.

I still see what you are saying and i tend to agree on a broader spectrum. I guess we have to live with this for a year or tw0 with so many young players that will be sure to fade in and out of games.

Wolfpac said:
<snip!>

Is being the "Kings of Momentum" good or bad? Because if they are on a run it's great, but two weeks in a row they let teams back into a match that was won. And one day it might cost them.

Mate, we're our own worst enemy every damn week. For a quarter or two every game, the Doggies opponent get access to 18 extra players! It's like their programming gets scrambled or something. Then they just go *snap* and turn into this gi-normousf *cking landslide of a team that just breaks the game wide open. Then they give all the goals back again. :D

I've decided that all the players at Western Oval are a bunch schizophrenics!

MeestaNob said:
Mate, we're our own worst enemy every damn week. For a quarter or two every game, the Doggies opponent get access to 18 extra players! It's like their programming gets scrambled or something. Then they just go *snap* and turn into this gi-normousf *cking landslide of a team that just breaks the game wide open. Then they give all the goals back again. :D

I've decided that all the players at Western Oval are a bunch schizophrenics!
What you have described there is something that has given me heart troubles for such a long time. It seems almost inevitable that at some stage in a contest we will let the opposition kick 7 unanswered goals every week! It's as though we need to scratch and claw because it's all we know. I was ready to implode at three qtr time saying " here we ************ go again, every ****** week, the same s...... But to my amazement we kicked another 50 points, something which we have never done before ans something that i thought we would never be capable of doing, so weel done. But, its about taking that and moving forward, learning how to kill clubs and not give them 8 goals just because we kicked the last 7. GO DOGS! I am ecstatic right now.

dogupya said:
What you have described there is something that has given me heart troubles for such a long time. It seems almost inevitable that at some stage in a contest we will let the opposition kick 7 unanswered goals every week! It's as though we need to scratch and claw because it's all we know. I was ready to implode at three qtr time saying " here we ************ go again, every ****** week, the same s...... But to my amazement we kicked another 50 points, something which we have never done before ans something that i thought we would never be capable of doing, so weel done. But, its about taking that and moving forward, learning how to kill clubs and not give them 8 goals just because we kicked the last 7. GO DOGS! I am ecstatic right now.

Yeah I think I know what your saying :mad:
But the next few years look promising for the Dogs.

bogan4life said:
Is it just me or is everyone to exicted about what is to come (and a bit drunk) to go to sleep tonight?

Yer it wasnt just you Bogan every goal they kicked was really eletricfiring
beating brisbane twice in a row means weve got somthin that concerns them
beating geelong and brisbane now west coast look out :cool:

dogupya said:

LMFAO

I was saying the same thing to my brother at 3/4 time but the boiys credit we were simply awesome in that 20 minute period. Havent been this excited about football for a long long time, still getting goosbumps thinking about the game now.

PS: How good is the Coon... Anyone? :D

Go dogs

I think the momentum tag is very true and is still the sign of a developing team. A premier team can play like that 3 to 4 quarters of every match - the Lions of 01-04 are living proof, and the Saints have perfected it the last four weeks. What staggers me is just how good we are at our best in those spells of 15-20 mins - absolutely "in the zone". Now the next task is restricting those bad spells in either minutes or goals conceded (preferably both) so we don't let another team do what Brisbane did and take the lead. The way we came back though was truly the start of something special and I believe in a few years we'll look back at this game and say this was the beginning of a successful era.

If we can't get a record membership next year playing this style of football, something's wrong. And people said we were flooders. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Dog said:
LMFAO

I was saying the same thing to my brother at 3/4 time but the boiys credit we were simply awesome in that 20 minute period. Havent been this excited about football for a long long time, still getting goosbumps thinking about the game now.

PS: How good is the Coon... Anyone? :D

Go dogs
To respond the way he did after getting a bake on the phone shows the calibre of player we are dealing with. Calibre of the highest order, he is going to bring years of pleasure!

Big Kev

Yeah I am as excited as any bulldog fan but also realise that we cannot get ahead of ourselves. It would be great if we make the finals but I do not think it matters to much as long as we finish the year on a positive and win the games we should.

wce game 50/50 if murphy plays

other 3 games we should win but do not know if 11 wins will get us in.

Looking to next season everything points to a top season with our unlimited potential but this can be dangerous unless we do the hard yards and do not get ahead ourselves just have a look at geelong 2 kicks of a g/f last season with a what was said as a developing list and you would have to say they have been disappointing this season.

It is a tough comp and there are not to many easy beats

Sat night 30/07 now Sat afternoon 06/08

What a great night Saturday night was.

Taking into account that we were playing an interstate team a crowd of 29000+ was a top effort by all. The roar and excitement at the Dome as we kicked away in the last quater was something that will remain with me for a long time.

As soon as the siren went there was a couple of minutes of singing and high fives in the crowd, but soon after the attention of the supporters I was with turned to the West Coast game.

I am sure I am telling the wrong people here but I say lets all get out to the G on Saturday afternoon, I am sure it will be worth it.

- Its Saturday afternoon
- We are playing the top side.
- We are playing exciting football
- We will be there abouts IMHO.

An idea is, I know that most of us will go to the game this week but I know several Bulldog supporters who either find it difficult to get to games or they rather watch it on TV. My little challenge this week its to go out of my way to try and get a couple of these Doggies Supporters to the game, I hope others try as well there would be nothing better than getting a decent crowd to support the players.

I have a feeling it will be worth it.

Re: Sat night 30/07 now Sat afternoon 06/08

I have missed the last couple of games due to being double booked by the missus. As punishment she is coming with me this weekend, so the attendance will now be at least 29,002.

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs - Kings of Momentum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back