Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green: 12 possessions, 2.1 goals, 4 tackles
Begley: 12 possessions, 2.1 goals, 2 tackles

Seems pretty close to me. Green did have more kicks so on the day had more impact but its still close. Plus I'm highly skeptical that he will replicate his 100th game form week in week out.
Did you even watch the game? He had a hand in several other goals and was one of our best players on the day (and I am not viewing this through a josh Green prism). For mine, he played his best game for the club last week.

We are rubbish this year and have continued our sh1t formline from the end of last year. So it isn’t just 2 bad games to start the year. It’s about 6 or 7 sh1t games in a row. In fact the last decent game we played was when we knocked you guys off last year and the was a long time ago.
I’m expecting a thrashing and look forward to our club copping lots of media heat which will hopefully lead to some big changes at the Dogs... ie game plan, players selected, assistant coaches etc...
We are a rabble

We are rubbish this year and have continued our sh1t formline from the end of last year. So it isn’t just 2 bad games to start the year. It’s about 6 or 7 sh1t games in a row. In fact the last decent game we played was when we knocked you guys off last year and the was a long time ago.
I’m expecting a thrashing and look forward to our club copping lots of media heat which will hopefully lead to some big changes at the Dogs... ie game plan, players selected, assistant coaches etc...
We are a rabble

You’ve copped media heat the last two weeks after your performances. Surely you are bound to respond today to the critics against one of your ‘bitch’ teams from the last few years.

We lack any imagination and creativity (particularly from the coaches box) and once our Plan A is worked out (something WB have done very well against us) then it’s generally downhill from there.

There’s enough flag winning quality in your side to turn things around. We can’t say the same.

We are a rabble
you can say shit.

We are a rabble
Well last week we were told that the last time Fremantle scored above 100 was against us too and it happened again.

Why is everyone so bloody negative!

Because we never win easily when we are expected to win comfortably. Every game like that ends up close or in a loss.
Every so often we will come out and belt a decent side though like our Port Adelaide and West Coast wins last year.

Bulldogs beat us last year with pretty much the same team. Johanissen kicked 4 goals (most from outside 50 as i recall). Its not hard to imagine that kind of stuff happening again. Add in a few players under injury clouds eg Hurley, Daniher and I think most are concerned.

Plus we already proved vs Freo that we aren't a top side. Completely winnable game against a side with a crap forward line and we somehow let them score over 100. Bulldogs also scored over 100 vs us in our last outing with their pitiful forward line as well.

Why is everyone so bloody negative!

Misery loves company.

We’re (well many of us) just used to the disappointment this club provides recently. A lot of good times too (like the Adelaide game a couple of weeks back) that keeps us all on the roller coaster of following a professional sports team...

But unfortunately way more negatives. Forget Fremantle last week, we were abysmal and only some cosmetic surgery to the scoreboard in the last ten minutes saved us embarrassment.

We cannot be trusted to win these sort of games until we can consistently do it.

Because we never win easily when we are expected to win comfortably. Every game like that ends up close or in a loss.
Every so often we will come out and belt a decent side though like our Port Adelaide and West Coast wins last year.

Bulldogs beat us last year with pretty much the same team. Johanissen kicked 4 goals (most from outside 50 as i recall). Its not hard to imagine that kind of stuff happening again. Add in a few players under injury clouds eg Hurley, Daniher and I think most are concerned.

Plus we already proved vs Freo that we aren't a top side. Completely winnable game against a side with a crap forward line and we somehow let them score over 100. Bulldogs also scored over 100 vs us in our last outing with their pitiful forward line as well.

If we stuff this up Ill eat my words, while I certainly see the chance the game will be close rather than us thrashing by any means. I also see the possibility of a loss like last week. But I doubt it. Were near full strength and cant afford to make silly mistakes like last week.

Misery loves company.

We’re (well many of us) just used to the disappointment this club provides recently. A lot of good times too (like the Adelaide game a couple of weeks back) that keeps us all on the roller coaster of following a professional sports team...

But unfortunately way more negatives. Forget Fremantle last week, we were abysmal and only some cosmetic surgery to the scoreboard in the last ten minutes saved us embarrassment.

We cannot be trusted to win these sort of games until we can consistently do it.
I expect it from you, and in fairness you were positive prior to last weeks loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any update yet on Hurley? Did he train yesterday morning light run?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes Fogarty - Fairly certain Hartley spent lots of time on Mundy last week.
Saad and Hartley swapped on him. Thought Hartley played a very reasonable game. Don't know what everyone is on about. He did lots of 1%ers.

Issue was that the ball was continually in the Freo forward line due to poor pressure further up the ground.

upload_2018-4-8_10-48-35.png

upload_2018-4-8_10-45-9.png

upload_2018-4-8_10-46-11.png

Last edited:
Dogs are a rabble & if we don’t win this comfortably we’ve got major problems.

Stringer, Tippa & Joe need to get serious today & get a kick, because they’ve been putrid to date.

I like our changes as far as team balance is concerned too. Myers needs to have a good year & assert himself in matches after getting a badly needed 12 months under his belt last year....time to step up!!

Raz is back!! Thank god!

Plenty of pressure on both teams, particularly the stars in both teams as well (Daniher, Bont, Stringer, etc.). I'd like Daniher not to smile during this game. Want him to enjoy his footy but unless he's celebrating a goal then I want to see his game face permanently on.

Really not sure what to expect today. As much a chance of a 4-goal loss as a 10-goal win.

We are a rabble

Just ideal for playing Essendon, a club that loves to play poor performing teams into form, and taking otherwise ordinary dud players and making them look like Brownlow medal contenders. /s

Misery loves company.

One thing we have a habit of doing is following a poor performance with a far better performance the next week and with how well the Dockers played yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if we are far better this week, and as both games have been played in warm conditions there wont be any excuses.

Dogs are a rabble & if we don’t win this comfortably we’ve got major problems.

Stringer, Tippa & Joe need to get serious today & get a kick, because they’ve been putrid to date.

I like our changes as far as team balance is concerned too. Myers needs to have a good year & assert himself in matches after getting a badly needed 12 months under his belt last year....time to step up!!

Raz is back!! Thank god!

Why do people continually dismiss the Premiership team fro two years ago? They may have a few issues yes, but they still have a lot of class. Our recent history against the dogs has been dismal actually. To beat Essendon you need to do a few basic things and the Dogs have more then enough quality to win.

If we do lose I don't think we have major problems to fix as we have a lot of talent ourselves. But I would not be shocked to see us lose today, although of course I hope we win.

Plenty of pressure on both teams, particularly the stars in both teams as well (Daniher, Bont, Stringer, etc.). I'd like Daniher not to smile during this game. Want him to enjoy his footy but unless he's celebrating a goal then I want to see his game face permanently on.

Really not sure what to expect today. As much a chance of a 4-goal loss as a 10-goal win.
Reckon Joe plays better when he does smile. Better than ducking his head all game and diving forward playing for frees (while at the same time attempting to avoid getting a whack on his melon and still gets whacked by Hamling anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back