Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memo - To the wrfl admin.

Take note of the above and be proactive for a change.

Contrary to what some people post, it does nothing for the players , club or league to have results like that of last week.

Drastic results require drastic measures to take place, why not initiate change rather than react to it.

A few years ago when Brunswick Power was really struggling and they had a number of players doubling up we happened to be in a position where there were 5-10 players missing out on a game in the reserves. I emailed the league and asked if there was any way that we could "lend" them players on some sort of weekly permit if any of our players were interested in having a kick that week. I though that their seniors would be at least a little improved if they could start each game with 22 fresh men.

This must have been a silly idea as it got no response at all so I just gave up on it.

In the good old days this is what was expected from each senior club to have a full under 18's, reserves and seniors. The that changed slowly a clubs struggled to field under 18's

One thing that keeps coming up on here is the apparent response when things get hard, clubs are let to fold and the league drops off.

A few facts to consider:
The west of Melbourne is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
There are facilities available (albeit controlled by out of touch councils) for more teams/clubs in the west.
The league has potential with a TAC cup team, 2 VFL clubs and an AFL club in its direct area to promote itself.
Failings of the past get dwelled on to much when a proactive approach to the future would best serve everyone involved.

perhaps some clubs need to amalgamate with areas of strong juniors.

West Footscray could move to Caroline Springs and become the West Roosters.... just a suggestion, and no disrespect meant to anyone at either club

Really good week on Big Footy with the true issues being discussed, but the harsh reality is that all clubs can be successful or unsuccessful based on YOUR administration, level of commitment from volunteers and lastly players loyalty.

No doubt the league has been mis-managed for a few years, but personally I think passing judgement now onto a new board with footy people involved is un-fair. It will take time for these guys to re-establish the league and there is no quick fix, but Divvy 2. premiers need to go up when they win.

To here crap about demographics, yes it plays a part, but it is not the entire reason for a clubs plight and this is highlighted by Sunshine, Albion, Heights, West Footscray, Braybrook, North Sunshine, North Footscray there really all within a 5km radius. If you were to judge who had the best admin over the last 5-10 years it answers which clubs are stronger.

Bottom Line - It starts with your committe, put your juniors as a key long term strategy and you need to back them, then fundraising, sponsorship, development, recruiting the right people (coaches included) and so on. $$$ comes into it but if you have enough people commited to the cause then you can generate revenue to accomodate.

Nth Sunshine, West Foots, Braybrook, Brooklyn and so on's plight comes from to few doing to much and there poor management.

Re: Western Region FL - Division Two

By all accounts, It was a blessing that Deer Park stayed down in division 2 as West Footscray wish to remain in division 1 at this time,

Can anyone positively confirm or deny this?

West Footscray requested to the WRFL that no team be relegated because of the cancellation of Round 12. in the WRFL rules it says that the bottom team is relegated after a "completed season" and they argued it wasn't completed. i also heard they were willing to take the issue further in an attempt to stay up had Deer Park opted to be promoted

Wests have got their A's confused: Ambition and Ability.

The result has been a shame but at least they had a crack unlike DP.

Really good week on Big Footy with the true issues being discussed, but the harsh reality is that all clubs can be successful or unsuccessful based on YOUR administration, level of commitment from volunteers and lastly players loyalty.

No doubt the league has been mismanaged for a few years, but personally I think passing judgement now onto a new board with footy people involved is unfair. It will take time for these guys to re-establish the league and there is no quick fix, but Divvy 2. premiers need to go up when they win.

To here crap about demographics, yes it plays a part, but it is not the entire reason for a clubs plight and this is highlighted by Sunshine, Albion, Heights, West Footscray, Braybrook, North Sunshine, North Footscray there really all within a 5km radius. If you were to judge who had the best admin over the last 5-10 years it answers which clubs are stronger.

Bottom Line - It starts with your committee, put your juniors as a key long term strategy and you need to back them, then fundraising, sponsorship, development, recruiting the right people (coaches included) and so on. $$$ comes into it but if you have enough people committed to the cause then you can generate revenue to accommodate.

Nth Sunshine, West Foots, Braybrook, Brooklyn and soon's plight comes from to few doing to much and there poor management.

Agree with your post 100% but its a statement rather than a plan for those clubs who struggle.

Ultimately its up to the League to have a vision for the future of footy in the West and they must be brave enough and strong enough to promote it.

It will be tough on some clubs no doubt but unfortunately the clubs who struggle have not got the numbers on or of the field to prosper.

No doubt the league has been mis-managed for a few years, but personally I think passing judgement now onto a new board with footy people involved is un-fair. It will take time for these guys to re-establish the league and there is no quick fix, but Divvy 2. premiers need to go up when they win.

Bottom Line - It starts with your committe, put your juniors as a key long term strategy and you need to back them, then fundraising, sponsorship, development, recruiting the right people (coaches included) and so on. $$$ comes into it but if you have enough people commited to the cause then you can generate revenue to accomodate.

Nth Sunshine, West Foots, Braybrook, Brooklyn and so on's plight comes from to few doing to much and there poor management.

in west's case spending big coin on a coach who did fck all.....took the money and run....

Why would the league need to approve it RD1 ???

Agree it's not great for football to see this kind of margins, but the Albanvale FC is not responsible for the league. It is our job to pump up our football and do whats best for us.

I dont know why there is so much negativity this could be the best thing that happens to the North Sunshine FC.

I had a good chat to their coach yesterday and since Saturday they have had 2 ex players put there hand up to come back and help out the club and got a ruck coach. Also i heard on 3AW this morning that Matty Richardson from Richmond has put his hand up to spend a couple of weeks at the club to give them a hand coaching the players.

With every negative you must look for the positives. And with all the publicity that this game has created North Sunshine may just bennifit out of it and it may be the kick up the arse it needed for others to jump on board and help them re build the club.

For Albanvale it is good exposure and always helps when you are trying to promote the club to get players to want to come there and obviously attract new players.

No good talking about what happened 5 years ago with Altona ect, its in the past. Concentrate on what you can control. :thumbsu:

concentrate on what you can controll......pppffftttt

i wouldnt be seen in a scoreboard with your fists pumped watching 3 blokes who apear to be taking a speky......for as long as i can remember albanvale have done bugger all come finals time(and ive read allan williams season's report from last year maybe you should go over it too) i would be sitting nice and quiet plotting how to handle some finals pressure because every side who play's finals against the cobra's knows turn the heat up and they go to water......wait till the finals and win 1 then maybe get a bit excited.....not a 70 goal pumping of lets be honest a team that struggles big time......and how many more players could you afford????albanvale are struggling with jnrs maybe put some of the coin your spending on div 2 players back into the jnr coaches/development ect......

By all accounts, It was a blessing that Deer Park stayed down in division 2 as West Footscray wish to remain in division 1 at this time,

Can anyone positively confirm or deny this?

At the meeting a the end of the year, one or 2 people on the committee wanted to stay up but were outvoted, so West asked to go down but were told no by the WRFL.

Surely they couldn't make us stay up again were we to finish last again this year no matter what the div2 premier wanted.

Would you want to be in a league where you are losing every week by 100-200 points? West would much rather be in D2.

Maybe ask West???? If people remember back to last season - West missed an opportunity against a bottwom team to avoid relegation and were prepared to take legal action if need to avoid relegation. They thought they were hard done by when the game was cancelled.

So they must have wanted to stay in Divvy 1

concentrate on what you can controll......pppffftttt

i wouldnt be seen in a scoreboard with your fists pumped watching 3 blokes who apear to be taking a speky......for as long as i can remember albanvale have done bugger all come finals time(and ive read allan williams season's report from last year maybe you should go over it too) i would be sitting nice and quiet plotting how to handle some finals pressure because every side who play's finals against the cobra's knows turn the heat up and they go to water......wait till the finals and win 1 then maybe get a bit excited.....not a 70 goal pumping of lets be honest a team that struggles big time......and how many more players could you afford????albanvale are struggling with jnrs maybe put some of the coin your spending on div 2 players back into the jnr coaches/development ect......

weapons come on mate this negativity from you is exactly what the league doesnt need.
yes north sunshine got a thumping no body likes to get thumped but the help and support they will get out of this will be something that will hopefully get that club back on its feet to where it once was.

as for all the publicity on albanvale we didnt ask for it but we will take it any publicity for our club is just what we need to help promote our club and im sure that if it was deer park in our position you guys would be sucking it for all its worth.

i agree with you that our history in finals havnt been great but dont be taking pot shots at us until after this season if we fail say all you want but we are heading in the direction that we want to. the work we are putting into training even after an easy win like that we continue to train hard and run hard and not take it easy. every player on the list is fully committed to acheiving the ultimate goal.
DC has worked around the clock seven days a week to improve on areas we have lacked and its good to see our hard worked paying off, you just worry about your club who arent looking too good atm.
also on our recruits. they havnt come for money and you wouldnt know what we are spending but its not as much as you think. all the blokes who have come down this year are a top bunch of blokes who know DC very well and have come to albanvale because they like him and they like the club and the direction we are heading so until you know all the facts dont be running your mouth.

not only am i a player at this great club i also coach the u/13s and a member of the committee and before you have a go at us struggling in our jnr department maybe you should come down and see how hard myself and other people are working to rebuild this part of the club. yes its unfortunate that we havnt attracted jnrs but dont be running your mouth off until you know what actually goes on

so i dont what it is you have against us or your obsession on talking shit about our coach DC or about our club or our history, or whateva it is but seriously time to maybe come and have a chat with one of us face to face and stop hiding behind this site. in fact this is an open invitation to come down and see the hard work we all do behind the scenes!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago when Brunswick Power was really struggling and they had a number of players doubling up we happened to be in a position where there were 5-10 players missing out on a game in the reserves. I emailed the league and asked if there was any way that we could "lend" them players on some sort of weekly permit if any of our players were interested in having a kick that week. I though that their seniors would be at least a little improved if they could start each game with 22 fresh men.

This must have been a silly idea as it got no response at all so I just gave up on it.

Not such a silly idea and it should be one the league should look into especially for the blokes who just want to run around n have a kick

Not such a silly idea and it should be one the league should look into especially for the blokes who just want to run around n have a kick

Happened a few years ago for RDFL club Sunbury Kangaroos, no numbers and on the brink of folding, they were able to broker an interchange agreement with Sunbury Lions in the Ballarat FL in both the Under 18's and Senior grades, it was the beginning of a rebuilding period which in the end sees both sides thriving now.. If it was ignored, it was a silly thing for the WRFL to do.. It ensured the survival of a club and assisted in strengthening the club in the future, I would applaud anyone who made this effort... :thumbsu:

One thing that keeps coming up on here is the apparent response when things get hard, clubs are let to fold and the league drops off.

A few facts to consider:
The west of Melbourne is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
There are facilities available (albeit controlled by out of touch councils) for more teams/clubs in the west.
The league has potential with a TAC cup team, 2 VFL clubs and an AFL club in its direct area to promote itself.
Failings of the past get dwelled on to much when a proactive approach to the future would best serve everyone involved.

perhaps some clubs need to amalgamate with areas of strong juniors.

West Footscray could move to Caroline Springs and become the West Roosters.... just a suggestion, and no disrespect meant to anyone at either club

There are facilities in Hobson Bay and maybe Brimbank council.
However Wyndham barely have enough facilities to provide for their existing clubs let alone more

Maybe ask West???? If people remember back to last season - West missed an opportunity against a bottwom team to avoid relegation and were prepared to take legal action if need to avoid relegation. They thought they were hard done by when the game was cancelled.

So they must have wanted to stay in Divvy 1

Have a look at the post above yours on previous page, coming from a West player. They did not want to stay up because of what is happening right now.

weapons come on mate this negativity from you is exactly what the league doesnt need.
yes north sunshine got a thumping no body likes to get thumped but the help and support they will get out of this will be something that will hopefully get that club back on its feet to where it once was.

as for all the publicity on albanvale we didnt ask for it but we will take it any publicity for our club is just what we need to help promote our club and im sure that if it was deer park in our position you guys would be sucking it for all its worth.

i agree with you that our history in finals havnt been great but dont be taking pot shots at us until after this season if we fail say all you want but we are heading in the direction that we want to. the work we are putting into training even after an easy win like that we continue to train hard and run hard and not take it easy. every player on the list is fully committed to acheiving the ultimate goal.
DC has worked around the clock seven days a week to improve on areas we have lacked and its good to see our hard worked paying off, you just worry about your club who arent looking too good atm.
also on our recruits. they havnt come for money and you wouldnt know what we are spending but its not as much as you think. all the blokes who have come down this year are a top bunch of blokes who know DC very well and have come to albanvale because they like him and they like the club and the direction we are heading so until you know all the facts dont be running your mouth.

not only am i a player at this great club i also coach the u/13s and a member of the committee and before you have a go at us struggling in our jnr department maybe you should come down and see how hard myself and other people are working to rebuild this part of the club. yes its unfortunate that we havnt attracted jnrs but dont be running your mouth off until you know what actually goes on

so i dont what it is you have against us or your obsession on talking shit about our coach DC or about our club or our history, or whateva it is but seriously time to maybe come and have a chat with one of us face to face and stop hiding behind this site. in fact this is an open invitation to come down and see the hard work we all do behind the scenes!!!

ppppfffftttt maybe the truth hurts....care for nth sunshine they dug their own hole......well he(your coach) is on here he's got to expect it........why would i want to come to the arch enemy and see what work you's are doing behind the scenes...deer park have never been a club to win by outrageose margians like that so i wouldnt expect it anytime soon.....do it against a better club and yeah ill praise any 1 that does it but it would never happen....i dont care what albanvale are doing and know alot of good blokes their and would cirtianly have a beer with them and the coach as i have done before with other bigfooty identaties when d/p - cobra's play i dont hide from any 1 as some people say i cant........hahaha

have you read the coaches report from last year????it was interesting reading from an opositions club point of view........

and to say we arnt looking too good thats your opinion a finals spot is all we need and who knows as per last year........a few guys being rested over the last few weeks due to little injuries and most definately be ready to rumble in the granny replay........

now no more sob stories talk footy........:rolleyes:

How do Nth Sunshine expect to improve, when firstly they didnt even try to talk Troy Stone into staying there best player for the last couple of years.
And secondly the club didnt even want to open up the bar and canteen for the Super rules the other week, their excuse was they were tired as they had been at a wedding.

14 Mar 2010, 14:32 #686
borntigerfan
BigFooty Member

Richmond
richmond

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI all im interested in people's end of season ladder, so post here and we can check at the end of the home and away season.

1. Parkside current 6th
2. Albanvale
3. Coburg Districts
4. Deer park
5. Yarraville Seddon
6. North footscray current 1st
7. Laverton current 8th
8. Wyndamvale current 7th
9. Braybrook
10. North sunshine

GF Parkside vs Coburg
Not bad going ok so far

14 Mar 2010, 14:32 #686
borntigerfan
BigFooty Member

Richmond
richmond

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI all im interested in people's end of season ladder, so post here and we can check at the end of the home and away season.

1. Parkside current 6th
2. Albanvale
3. Coburg Districts
4. Deer park
5. Yarraville Seddon
6. North footscray current 1st
7. Laverton current 8th
8. Wyndamvale current 7th
9. Braybrook
10. North sunshine

GF Parkside vs Coburg
Not bad going ok so far

your dreaming........

NTH FOOTS
COBRA'S
PARKSIDE
YARRA
DEER PARK/COBURG......

way too early to tell........

Agree with your post 100% but its a statement rather than a plan for those clubs who struggle.

Ultimately its up to the League to have a vision for the future of footy in the West and they must be brave enough and strong enough to promote it.

It will be tough on some clubs no doubt but unfortunately the clubs who struggle have not got the numbers on or of the field to prosper.

Need to start with the kids. Why not have every age group rather than maintain even / odd numbers especially in the older age groups (15,16,17,18,19) and lift the 18.5 to under 19's. Must keep the two year rule to allow my idea. Insist all senior sides align either an under 19 in div 1 or 18 in Div 2 Any A teams with two side field one 19's and then can also go in the 18's. No ammo clubs in under 18 or 19. this will will encourage the sides with traditional struggling juniors to compete at this level and not worry about wezza, willy etc.
More importatntly how do we get something going in a petition form so AFL vic start putting more money into grass roots footy. Shit Dimmitiou is on more than a million a year. What are they spending on GC17 and GWS. And we ( Victoria) are the heartland and need help. I am sure any sort of petition would be supported across the state. How many country sides have folded in the past 10 years and in some communities the footy club is an indicator of how the whole area is going.
I really hope no more WRFL clubs fold.
Also what are the AFL going to do with the reported massive compensation if we get the soccer world cup. Pay the executives massive bonuses and hand it over to the 18 AFL clubs for a job well done negotiating the deal.
TIME TO GET SOME BACK I SAY.

albanvale
north footscray
parkside
coburg
yarraville

Still very hard to call but I will have a go...
Albanvale
nth footscray
yarraville
deer park
wyndhamvale
coburg
parkside
laverton
braybrooke
nth sunshine

will be touch and go I reckon with us the vales, coburg, parkside and deer park for the last 2 spots in the 5...still very early but I think by the half way mark we all will no more as there are slot of teams that are just starting to gel after a big influx of new players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back