Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like all the off-feild drama did have an effort on Parkside. Parkside Seniors and Reserves both lost to Yarra on home turf. Players argued with each other, were undiscipline and one player was even sent off reported. Parkside lack LEADERSHIP on and off the field. The place is in turmoil.

Any updates on Parkside? How did Orchard go in his first game as senior coach?

Panther you are not a fan of Albanvale? Very open this year and again this will be proven again in finals series aka 2009. You must take your opportunity when it comes...or you will get left behind

I dont mind Albanvale as a team i just dont think they are as good as nth footscray and i do think yarra are playin some really good footy!
And we all know how good P/Side are!

I dont mind Albanvale as a team i just dont think they are as good as nth footscray and i do think yarra are playin some really good footy!

Panther Junior, I hear your putting the boots in the locker for the rest of the season? Whats the chance of promoting some under 18 kids and giving them the taste of senior footy down at Lavo for the rest of the year, most are qualified for finals so a couple of games wouldnt hurt. Could do with some leadership if it was to happen and they all know you. What about McKaskill, will tear up the comp next year if he gets some experience playing against men.

You don't think Albanvale are as good as north footscray
did you see the game?
Wasn't much between the two sides and it was only 8 points in it
also Albanvale were without 2 of there best midfielders
pitty we don't get to see the two fight it out again before the finals

Just a overwiew on the Parkside v Yarraville game which a few have asked for.

Good win for Yarraville we jumped parkside in the first quater with a strong breaze and set up a 7 goal lead at Quater time. Parksdie fought back in the 2nd but still trailed by 22 points at Half time.

Kicking with a massive breze in the third Yarraville couldnt manage a single major and scores where level going into the last quater and Parkside where evry warm favourites going into the last. To Yarravilles credit we fought hard and took our chances and run all over the top of Parkside in the last quater and deserevd the win.

Parkside had Davis out who once back will make Parkside very hard to beat in my opinion but Yarraville are on the up and still have 6 senior players to come back in and are on the rise and have set our season up for a top 3 finish and a final tilt.

I couldnt care less how i played(played more midfield role) as long as we win and it was very encouraging that i didnt kick a major( 7 direct goal assists tho hahahaha) and we still got the win.

Big footy forum is dieing in the ass, thats for sure just like some Div 2 sides!

Just a overwiew on the Parkside v Yarraville game which a few have asked for.

Good win for Yarraville we jumped parkside in the first quater with a strong breaze and set up a 7 goal lead at Quater time. Parksdie fought back in the 2nd but still trailed by 22 points at Half time.

Kicking with a massive breze in the third Yarraville couldnt manage a single major and scores where level going into the last quater and Parkside where evry warm favourites going into the last. To Yarravilles credit we fought hard and took our chances and run all over the top of Parkside in the last quater and deserevd the win.

Parkside had Davis out who once back will make Parkside very hard to beat in my opinion but Yarraville are on the up and still have 6 senior players to come back in and are on the rise and have set our season up for a top 3 finish and a final tilt.

I couldnt care less how i played(played more midfield role) as long as we win and it was very encouraging that i didnt kick a major( 7 direct goal assists tho hahahaha) and we still got the win.

Big footy forum is dieing in the ass, thats for sure just like some Div 2 sides!

No doubting you and your stat counting Cain LOL.

I am interested to know how many Super coach points you have been getting each week as I am looking for a forward to trade into my side to replace J Brown :D

Panther Junior, I hear your putting the boots in the locker for the rest of the season? Whats the chance of promoting some under 18 kids and giving them the taste of senior footy down at Lavo for the rest of the year, most are qualified for finals so a couple of games wouldnt hurt. Could do with some leadership if it was to happen and they all know you. What about McKaskill, will tear up the comp next year if he gets some experience playing against men.

boots arent in the locker yet but will be playin it week by weeek seein if i can make training or not!
but yeah ive said a little of the sort down at laverton about givin McKaskill, Murray & cherry a game!
would be handy for the future if they could get a few games under there belt this year before steppin up to the big time next year!

big game for laverton tommorow alot of ins back i think we can knock the falcons off had a good session last night good vibe comin out of trainin into this weeks game:thumbsu:

TIPS ROUND 11

Deer Park V Coburg Districts - Massive game for both sides but with Deer Park playing for finals spot and a win over Coburg earlier in year im tipping Deer Park by 4 goals

Albanvale V Parkside - Wow! another massive game, looking forward to getting down and watching this one both teams would love nothing more then to take the points here and with Parkside down from last week and Albanvale looking to make ammends for their round 2 defeat im tipping Albanvale in a cracker by 2 goals

Laverton V Wyndhamvale Should be an interesting game, had a look at Laverton last week and despite being outclassed and played by North Footscray still looked ok, havent had the chance to watch the Falcons yet but still leaning towards them this week purely on the result from lavo last week, Wyndhamval by 5 goals

North Sunshine V North Footscray saw the Devils last week and if they turn up with even half the intensity and class they did last week they will still win by a big margin, wish North Sunshine all the best for the year hiope they keep on keeping on. North by 40+ goals

Braybrook V Yarraville - Yarraville finally got the win they have been searching for and can only be thinking about a finals spot now, would not like to loose any momentum now and will not do so this week, Yarraville by 15 goals

All tips IMO..best of luck to all teams

I am interested to know how many Super coach points you have been getting each week as I am looking for a forward to trade into my side to replace J Brown :D

No stat counting but have worked out Supercoach points. 312 Supercoach points is the seasons best at an average of 185 for the season got J Brown coverd.:D

today i went down to see the cobras vs parkside very good game parkside ran all over the cobras at the end i personally think the cobras coach was out coached made bad choices and moves and maybe he should sit back and have a good look at himself

today i went down to see the cobras vs parkside very good game parkside ran all over the cobras at the end i personally think the cobras coach was out coached made bad choices and moves and maybe he should sit back and have a good look at himself

your own opinion, maybe he got out coached but i didnt think so
we had our chances to win in the last 5 minutes and missed some goals, we kick those we win we didnt so we lost
we as players take the responsiblity for the loss, we fumbled the ball and didnt play to our best

maybe you need a cain m in your side.......from all reports you will be playing blokes not up to div 1 level.......maybe the boys have lost the faith.....:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your own opinion, maybe he got out coached but i didnt think so
we had our chances to win in the last 5 minutes and missed some goals, we kick those we win we didnt so we lost
we as players take the responsiblity for the loss, we fumbled the ball and didnt play to our best

I agree. Don't think either coach could take credit there at the end. Could have gone either way, but for mine the Cobras after fighting back threw it away. Kozi - lost quite a few kilos there buddy. Thought you had the better of Sir for the majority of the day. Little Borg was also very good. Not sure how Atik got BOG, but does look a real classy mover.

Good win for Parkside without Davis. Question mark over the Cobras defence who could not stop Thompson or big Mo (even when on top in general play). Might need to stop giving the Siranni's the big jobs.

I agree. Don't think either coach could take credit there at the end. Could have gone either way, but for mine the Cobras after fighting back threw it away. Kozi - lost quite a few kilos there buddy. Thought you had the better of Sir for the majority of the day. Little Borg was also very good. Not sure how Atik got BOG, but does look a real classy mover.

Good win for Parkside without Davis. Question mark over the Cobras defence who could not stop Thompson or big Mo (even when on top in general play). Might need to stop giving the Siranni's the big jobs.

I dont think he was out coached ether, infact i think the move to put Bazza into the ruck in the last quarter actually got us back in the game.

Dont see too many concerns with the back line, Parkside only kicked 10 goals and they are 2nd for points against....

One interseting thing i wanted to make comment on was when Albanvale looked to kick a goal in the last 2 mins to get back the lead and the feild umpire actually called in touched on the line from 30 meters away when the goal umpire was about to call it a goal? surely he had a better view?

At the end of the day Parkside seemed to be a bit more desperate than our boys when it counted and i thought we had too many players down on the day. All credit to parkside

I dont think he was out coached ether, infact i think the move to put Bazza into the ruck in the last quarter actually got us back in the game.

Dont see too many concerns with the back line, Parkside only kicked 10 goals and they are 2nd for points against....

One interseting thing i wanted to make comment on was when Albanvale looked to kick a goal in the last 2 mins to get back the lead and the feild umpire actually called in touched on the line from 30 meters away when the goal umpire was about to call it a goal? surely he had a better view?

At the end of the day Parkside seemed to be a bit more desperate than our boys when it counted and i thought we had too many players down on the day. All credit to parkside

Umpire Richie Watt wasn't quite 30 metres away, but yeah no way was he in a position to overrule, it was not touched and should have been a goal to the Cobras.

It was a strange game, because the Cobras looked the more attractive side with the pill, but Parkside were a little harder at it in the 2nd half. Coach Orchard said as much at the 3/4 time huddle. Thought the Cobras had quite a few of their stars down on the day, but still should have won. Be interested in the thoughts of the pieeater?

Umpire Richie Watt wasn't quite 30 metres away, but yeah no way was he in a position to overrule, it was not touched and should have been a goal to the Cobras.

It was a strange game, because the Cobras looked the more attractive side with the pill, but Parkside were a little harder at it in the 2nd half. Coach Orchard said as much at the 3/4 time huddle. Thought the Cobras had quite a few of their stars down on the day, but still should have won. Be interested in the thoughts of the pieeater?

will deer park make the finals........:confused:

5 out of 7 at home........

cheers mate, alot of hard work went into pre-season to shed the kilos all I can say is it feels good being back in the 1's
wasn't easy playin on sir no's where to run n where to be only played the second half on him.
The sirianni's are a huge part of our defence and I don't think we gave our defence much help. Mo had to much space to lead into and the support wasn't there something for us to work on as a team

Went down to watch Spotty vs Albion on saturday and noticed that there was some sort of Parkside ex-coaches reunion being held in the rooms.

At last count there were 6 in attendance, Gary Turner, Michael Shepperbottm, John Sharp, Larry Simmons, Michael O'Keefe and Robbie Clarke also in attendance was about 6 life members of one of Spottys oldest rivals. It was rumoured that Phil O'Keefe and Shane Keogh were on there way in a cab but had some sort of disagrement??!

Sheppa and Sparra were last seen trying on their brand new green and gold tops after quarter time of the main game,

No wonder spotty get stronger and stronger

Went down to watch Spotty vs Albion on saturday and noticed that there was some sort of Parkside ex-coaches reunion being held in the rooms.

At last count there were 6 in attendance, Gary Turner, Michael Shepperbottm, John Sharp, Larry Simmons, Michael O'Keefe and Robbie Clarke also in attendance was about 6 life members of one of Spottys oldest rivals. It was rumoured that Phil O'Keefe and Shane Keogh were on there way in a cab but had some sort of disagrement??!

Sheppa and Sparra were last seen trying on their brand new green and gold tops after quarter time of the main game,

No wonder spotty get stronger and stronger

who cares :confused:

We did have a number of players down which was dissapointing, more dissapointing was the fact that we were second to the ball and Parkside taught us a lesson in playing for each other and showing a bit of passion for the jumper.

In saying that we had a number of opportunities to win the game and things didnt go our way. 3 loses now all under 9 points, so we might be due for some luck in the close ones LOL.

Puts us right back in the pack now so will need to come out hungry over the next 6 weeks if the boys dont want to piss the season up against the wall. These chances dont come round to often.

The challenge is set , lets see if we respond !

Just wandering how parkside's former no.1 ruckman in CALLAN[LOL] performed against his old side,i see parkside sides no.2 ruckman storey was named in the best anyone give us a run down.

Just wandering how parkside's former no.1 ruckman in CALLAN[LOL] performed against his old side,i see parkside sides no.2 ruckman storey was named in the best anyone give us a run down.

Cal played a great game and was also in Albanvale's best. Must say the bloke has earned alot of respect amongst the playing group after his efforts on the weekend playing after quarter time with a broken hand and finger. The guy has a massive ticker !

maybe you need a cain m in your side.......from all reports you will be playing blokes not up to div 1 level.......maybe the boys have lost the faith.....:confused:

Dont think anybody from Deer Park community has any rights to comment on any side in Div.1
Should I elaborate more or are you sick of hearing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back