Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of the cs guys i have coached as well probably 95% of that team i have coached through the ranks.....i dont see your point......the coach has done a fantastic job in giving everybody even gametime i havnt seen this but talking to the boys this is the case......even some of those cs boys have represented the club in the snrs......its finals time and the best side play's....simple

with or without the cs boys they would have made finals......fact;)

you seem to be a bit bitter about them leaving the springs......fact!!!!

Talking about the U18's Weapons? I'm going to get a refund on my bet on DP and reinvest it on Yarraville tomorrow.
You must know something I dont, otherwise you'd be here telling us how great the DP seniors are travelling due to some fictional input you had on all their careers 10 years ago.
This is a Div 2 WRFL thread, want to talk about 18's why don't you go on their thread and let those blokes read your S**t about how great you are?

Great win today by the cobras

I agree Kozy. Great win in woeful conditions by the Cobras. Why does it always seem to be windy during the finals? Should be a great game at against the Devils next Satdy at Crofts Reserve.

How come you weren't playing? I noticed Barry was also out with his shoulder from the DP game.

Siranni's were terrific and Portelli was also very good. Wingy was critical in unsettling the cranky magpies with a bit of niggle in the first half. It really seemed to put them off their game.

Jeugan tried hard for the Magpies, as did Tyrell and Hunter. They seemed to be arguing amongst themselves all day and didn't appear to be a happy camp. Couldn't match the Cobras run and desperation. The umpires were looking after Paddy again in the 2nd quarter when he got 3 or 4 dodgey free kicks.

I reckon DP will beat YS, so should be a good game next week between the former grand finalists from last year. I think the smaller Crofts Reserve will suit Parkside more than the ground today. You can't write them off.

Thoughts from others?

I agree Kozy. Great win in woeful conditions by the Cobras. Why does it always seem to be windy during the finals? Should be a great game at against the Devils next Satdy at Crofts Reserve.

How come you weren't playing? I noticed Barry was also out with his shoulder from the DP game.

Siranni's were terrific and Portelli was also very good. Wingy was critical in unsettling the cranky magpies with a bit of niggle in the first half. It really seemed to put them off their game.

Jeugan tried hard for the Magpies, as did Tyrell and Hunter. They seemed to be arguing amongst themselves all day and didn't appear to be a happy camp. Couldn't match the Cobras run and desperation. The umpires were looking after Paddy again in the 2nd quarter when he got 3 or 4 dodgey free kicks.

I reckon DP will beat YS, so should be a good game next week between the former grand finalists from last year. I think the smaller Crofts Reserve will suit Parkside more than the ground today. You can't write them off.

Thoughts from others?

We were first to the ball all day and was our most disciplined game we have played all day.
Wingy was awesome with the way he carried himself when things got heated.
Sirriani's stood tall all day and it was one of the best game I have seen Jamie play in a long time.
Unfortunately I couldn't get a run this time but hopefully against ur mob rd

And also I'll go the other way with tomorrows game and say yarraville/seddon by 2 goals no particular reason just got a feeling about them

the thing i took from the senior game yesterday was that orchid has got no idea how to coach! Why in god's name would you not have people behind the ball into the wind? I watched 10 qtrs of football at that ground yesterday and it happened for 8 qtrs the other 2 being when albanvale were kicking with the wind! STUPID!

Another thing I seen yesterday was very biased umpiring towards the cobras. I did hear someone say that the free kicks were something like 50 -12. Paddy Davis was punched in the head at least 3 times in that altercation but as soon as he pushed back he was sent off!

I think the picture of the umpire standing between 2 albanvale players and laughing and talking to them strait after an incident like that says alot!

POOR UMPIRING! POOR COACHING! POOR CONDITIONS! A POOR DAY FOR PARKSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB!

they done well to get that close in the end!

the thing i took from the senior game yesterday was that orchid has got no idea how to coach! Why in god's name would you not have people behind the ball into the wind? I watched 10 qtrs of football at that ground yesterday and it happened for 8 qtrs the other 2 being when albanvale were kicking with the wind! STUPID!

Another thing I seen yesterday was very biased umpiring towards the cobras. I did hear someone say that the free kicks were something like 50 -12. Paddy Davis was punched in the head at least 3 times in that altercation but as soon as he pushed back he was sent off!

I think the picture of the umpire standing between 2 albanvale players and laughing and talking to them strait after an incident like that says alot!

POOR UMPIRING! POOR COACHING! POOR CONDITIONS! A POOR DAY FOR PARKSIDE FOOTBALL CLUB!

they done well to get that close in the end!

You're kidding are'nt ya ? Yes Albanvale would have had more free kicks but they were all there. For the first time this year we won the free kick count maybe it had something to do being in first and being disiplined and not back chatting the umps. Parkside were a joke yesterday 2 send offs and 3 reports !

Paddy got 4 free kicks in the second quarter that were a joke so i wouldnt be complaining. Maybe its karma seeing Albanvale were ripped both games in the H and A season with crap umpiring.

Parkside did drop a couple of loose guys behind the ball against the wind, only difference was that Albanvale manned them up so they werent loose.

Agree though that Orchard was clearly out coached.

Talking about the U18's Weapons? I'm going to get a refund on my bet on DP and reinvest it on Yarraville tomorrow.
You must know something I dont, otherwise you'd be here telling us how great the DP seniors are travelling due to some fictional input you had on all their careers 10 years ago.
This is a Div 2 WRFL thread, want to talk about 18's why don't you go on their thread and let those blokes read your S**t about how great you are?

suck it up.......half back flanker....

go cobra's!!!!!!

user_offline.gif

user_offline.gif

Wouldnt be hard to out coach him,very undiscpline
effort but what would you expect when there is no
LEADERSHIP at all from the pres down.:thumbsdown:
You would have thought that they may have learnt
from last year playing OLD,SLOW,DUDS .
Now we will see who will put there hand up next week
and not there hand out.:footy:

Deer Park 59 Yarraville 54

Yarraville bloke had a shot after the siren from 20m out to tie the game and missed.

2 crackers next week

Nth Foots V Albanvale
Parkside V Deer Park

well done yesterday......what are the margians between nth and cobs during the year???

gee whizz......massive get out of jail card!!!!

who were the better players???

well done yesterday......what are the margians between nth and cobs during the year???

Only saw the first 15 minutes but looks like the Lions may have dodged a bullet there.

Next weekend will see two absolute crackers. Whilst most of the attention has been on the three other teams, I think the Devils are a good chance this year. Likely to be underdogs against the Cobras, but no one has rated us this year so don't think the boys will be too concerned.

Also good to see our magoos and 18's are in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only saw the first 15 minutes but looks like the Lions may have dodged a bullet there.

Next weekend will see two absolute crackers. Whilst most of the attention has been on the three other teams, I think the Devils are a good chance this year. Likely to be underdogs against the Cobras, but no one has rated us this year so don't think the boys will be too concerned.

Also good to see our magoos and 18's are in the finals.

Devils definately go in as favs, finished top and beat us during the year !

Thanks bud, didnt actually go mate had some boys there watching it for me reporting back.

Only played the devils on one occassion and they got the chocs by about 7 points i think. We were missing wingy and atik which hurt us but the devils were simply too good.

should be a great contest, last few have always been close. Last years final was 5 points i think.

Now Choofa - surely you were there to see Mick Lindsay run amok in the magoos! He threw plenty of cut lunches!

must of been when i was hiding behind the rooms in the pouring rain sippin on my vb i smuggled in in my jacket :D

and speaking of grog, looks like the AFL are out to ban the serving of any grog during home and away games at all local footy judging by the contents of a survey that was floating around the ground today

Was that before or after the umps ra**ed lavo???? The umps were absolutly terrible. Four of your first 5 goals come from free kicks, and to say yous were first to the ball is crazy as lavo had more scoring shots up until the fourth quarter after the umps had done the damage..... then to top of off there were four guys on micka lindsay and somehow he gets sent off and the other four nothing.... There is a reasons those umpires are umpiring divvy 2 reserves, Pathetic.... Senior umpires and twice nth footscray ruckman took it out ot the ruck on the full was taclked dropped the ball and no free was given. The umps repsonse was i didnt see it. How the hell can you not see the ruck take the bull of the full from a boundary throw in?? or was he completey not watching???? In the end nth footscray ran away with it, but the free kick count would have been very interesting.

all i can say is enjoy mad monday!!!!

Was that before or after the umps ra**ed lavo???? The umps were absolutly terrible. Four of your first 5 goals come from free kicks, and to say yous were first to the ball is crazy as lavo had more scoring shots up until the fourth quarter after the umps had done the damage..... then to top of off there were four guys on micka lindsay and somehow he gets sent off and the other four nothing.... There is a reasons those umpires are umpiring divvy 2 reserves, Pathetic.... Senior umpires and twice nth footscray ruckman took it out ot the ruck on the full was taclked dropped the ball and no free was given. The umps repsonse was i didnt see it. How the hell can you not see the ruck take the bull of the full from a boundary throw in?? or was he completey not watching???? In the end nth footscray ran away with it, but the free kick count would have been very interesting.

wat can i say... yes the umpiring was a little if not very disappointing however im a firm believer in that the better side wins on the day. congratulations and good luck 2 north footscray in the rest of the finals series. and 2 us, well we'll look 2wards next year 2 b a forced 2 b reckoned with this time in both seniors and reserves...

Maybe the issue for Lavo is that they are used to having their club umpire act as a 19th man with a whistle, so when they get umpires who look at the game objectively, what they have gotten away with all year gets picked up and they feel aggreived.

Maybe the issue for Lavo is that they are used to having their club umpire act as a 19th man with a whistle, so when they get umpires who look at the game objectively, what they have gotten away with all year gets picked up and they feel aggreived.

Good point! I don't think the umpires robbed anyone in the 2's, they were horrible both ways! NF kicked straight early and kept their cool at key moments while Laverton showed us all once again what they are really like. Went out there yesterday hoping to see some decent umpires for finals, but I suppose the wrfl doesn't care about the ressies, at least in the seniors they had umpires that could run!

One more thing on the umps is that, even club umpires cheats (lets not beat around the bush) or not, I'm sure they do know that if a ruckman grabs the ball out of the ruck and is tackled, does not dispose of it, automatic free kick for holding the ball. I was standing near the NF bench and the runner was sent out to their ruckman to tell him not to grab the ball out of the ruck even though the umpire did not know this rule.

More importantly interesting game in the seniors, I thought DP were going to run away with it early, seemed the better side in the conditions, had more of the ball in their forward line so good effort by the Yarra back half in keeping them in the game. I thought before the game, with out the great man himself (who was there to watch, would it have been too much for him to play the last 3 or 4 weeks??? should have swollowed his pride!) were going to struggle to kick enough goals and would go down by 5 or 6 goals. So does that say DP aren't as good as I thought or didn't give enough credit to Yarra?

In finals you only have to win, and DP did, so they move on. YS tried to roll the dice but looked like they left to much up to to few. It did seem to follow a trend against the 2 sides.
I think if the weather had been a little better, DP would have had a greater lead up to half time.
It was a good physical game of footy, but i did wonder watching players slipping over all over the ground, does anyone own a pair of screw ins anymore?

It is all very well playing finals at Altona, but the ground was pretty well destroyed from over use on the weekend.

The could surely not be contemplating playing there again this weekend, either Div 1 or 2?

And why are their so many security guards at these games yet only half a dozen for the grand finals? Is it to stop people walking in without paying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back