Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

cold pies said:
bronco27 said:
thanx coldpies think clake got hit in the nose start of the 98 season and had to get surgery on it.but herd there was a mix up when went under the knife and had to miss the rest of the season the garden hose has never been the same since:thumbsu: .[/quote

if colts make the gf and clarke has a problem with his snoz do you think he'll fight through it or have the op, i think he'd play especially with his team being a huge chance for back to back titles
yea will play for shore but I herd ever since 98 when went under the knife that the snoz grows 2cm a year and will need a meat clever to take off the last 2 inches.could be missing alot of 2007

bronco27 said:
cold pies said:
yea will play for shore but I herd ever since 98 when went under the knife that the snoz grows 2cm a year and will need a meat clever to take off the last 2 inches.could be missing alot of 2007[/QUOTE

I spoke with the colts old coach des tuddenham the other day,and asked him about the first premiership he coached and told me clarky was actally swimming for australia at the time.I asked him what he meant but he wouldn't elaborate,anything you or coldpies can divulge about clarky's swimming career.
Also one thing i did notice at the colts the other day was clarky's big snoz,but what was even more extraordinary was he's two old teammates both have shocking noses to,jacobs snoz is huge, and a tip for him don't wear beanies only high lights it's massive size and as for taylors snozza it is one of the must unusual things i have seen on a human and when he had that laugh of his going he is one ugly fu cker

Go Doggies said:
Sunshine have a real chance, they have had some good wins over the last couple of weeks, they have some good young players, I see Russell Douglas got in the best again, and Stenhouse kicked a couple of goals.

well good to see my boys are back in form with a crushing win over the vikings,hopefully it continues in the coming weeks when we play parks and colts.
In my opinion subshine will win the flag with the addition of stenhouse and douglas and with the improvement of most of their young list come finals time at the whitten oval will be a scary oposition.
Not to sure about the parkers after surrendering a big lead to the colts then just getting over albion.
Hoppers are the other team that will be hard to beat,lots of depth class and toughness,also plenty of speed and an abundance of scoring options.
The colts im not convinced of either,they have just escaped with some lucky wins and have not beaten anyone convincingly and even conceded a quarter time lead to seddon[5 goals],when push comes to shove they wont have the class this year.

GO WOODSMEN

RONALD28/5/77 said:
well good to see my boys are back in form with a crushing win over the vikings,hopefully it continues in the coming weeks when we play parks and colts.
In my opinion subshine will win the flag with the addition of stenhouse and douglas and with the improvement of most of their young list come finals time at the whitten oval will be a scary oposition.
Not to sure about the parkers after surrendering a big lead to the colts then just getting over albion.
Hoppers are the other team that will be hard to beat,lots of depth class and toughness,also plenty of speed and an abundance of scoring options.
The colts im not convinced of either,they have just escaped with some lucky wins and have not beaten anyone convincingly and even conceded a quarter time lead to seddon[5 goals],when push comes to shove they wont have the class this year.

GO WOODSMEN
i see you have jumped off spotswood..Have you seen the light?

WRFLfan said:
madpie said:
Sunshine flogged St Albans, but it wasnt that way for the whole day St Albans were a massive chance again some stupid decsions came into it but Sunshine look alright. Spoke to a Sunshine player and we agreed the skills and decsion making was shocking and it was a poor standard of game, Travvy 43 any thoughts?

Yeah spot on here WRFL Fan. our first quarter was full of bad decisions. We had plenty of the ball however long boms into the forward 50 was simply dumb footy. To our credit though we learnt from our mistakes and played smarter footy in the third quarter when we had the wind again and also had a good last quarter.

With St Albans' ground situated in a wind tunnel, the game was never going to make for good viewing.

Was good to hear that rock and Johnny missed our second half.

Travvy43 said:
WRFLfan said:
Yeah spot on here WRFL Fan. our first quarter was full of bad decisions. We had plenty of the ball however long boms into the forward 50 was simply dumb footy. To our credit though we learnt from our mistakes and played smarter footy in the third quarter when we had the wind again and also had a good last quarter.

With St Albans' ground situated in a wind tunnel, the game was never going to make for good viewing.

Was good to hear that rock and Johnny missed our second half.
They watched the thrid and you werent thats convincing in that the 4th might have been different, very boring game no highlights except rustys goal, seems to the ball lots of handball recieves not much hardballs. You need to work on that kicking action mate or stick to dising it off to runners.
Linton would have to be one of the best hangouts in the league and good finisher, having Fitzpatrick playing on him was avery stupid coaching decsion as he doesnt chase and Linton just ran everywhere doing as he pleased.

Harro not playing at the moment he would have loved them big wings

WRFLfan said:
Travvy43 said:
They watched the thrid and you werent thats convincing in that the 4th might have been different, very boring game no highlights except rustys goal, seems to the ball lots of handball recieves not much hardballs. You need to work on that kicking action mate or stick to dising it off to runners.
Linton would have to be one of the best hangouts in the league and good finisher, having Fitzpatrick playing on him was avery stupid coaching decsion as he doesnt chase and Linton just ran everywhere doing as he pleased.

Harro not playing at the moment he would have loved them big wings

Mate to be honest we were just happy with the win. A win is four points, regardless of pretty or ugly it was. FYI we got up by 57 points, not sure how much you beat them by when you played at their home ground??

We are a pretty good hard running side which gives me plenty of opportunities to dish the ball out to them, i will continue to give the ball to them if they are ina better position to get a clean kick than me.

Spot on with my foot skills though, i nearly missed the shot at goal from onyl 20m out!! Perhaps you could fire off some tips for me.

touch of class said:
bairnsdale race8 no 6 declaree race9 no 4 lowonale

ha great post TOC, some of your better work!!

Hows your mate Copper coming along, he would have enjoyed the week off to give him a chance to get his body right.

Also to the colts boys, did the country lad Steve Townsend play in the intr clubby you had on Thursday??, if so how did he go?

yeah my mate cooper is going well and enjoyed the rest to my knowledge was at your game for a while he is getting back to full fitness graduly so would of prefered the game but will hit his peak at the right time

WRFLfan said:
Travvy43 said:
They watched the third and you were that's convincing in that the 4th might have been different, very boring game no highlights except rustys goal, seems to the ball lots of handball receives not much hardballs. You need to work on that kicking action mate or stick to design it off to runners.
Linton would have to be one of the best hangouts in the league and good finisher, having Fitzpatrick playing on him was A very stupid coaching decision as he doesnt chase and Linton just ran everywhere doing as he pleased.

Agree with your thoughts on St Albans, the third and fourth quarters showed how hard it must be for a playing coach. Pagan ( St Albans ) had mismatches everywhere allowing sunshine to do what they do best. St Albans are a better team with Pagan watching and coaching. Having said that, Sunshine were always going to win. They are a pretty even unit at the moment. It will be interesting to see how they continue on from here. The surprise element is no longer on their side and the top sides will give them their due respect and concentrate on exploiting their weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in support for Travvy43 - he played a pretty good game getting in Sunshine's best players. St Albans home games are always shocking, especially when there is a strong wind to the club rooms size, the colts guys should know they beat St Albans at their ground by 44 points back in the early rounds of the year when they weren't travelling too well.

Have to agree with you Obe - however some teams still like to take Sunshine lightly regardless of how well they win. I think each week is a big test for Sunshine, but it seems the players are really pulling together to be a real close knit group, and listening to Tocka at 3 quarter time - base his talk mainly on Ben Davis, you could see that the boys were really wanting to finish off the job for Ben.

Go Doggies said:
Just in support for Travvy43 - he played a pretty good game getting in Sunshine's best players. St Albans home games are always shocking, especially when there is a strong wind to the club rooms size, the colts guys should know they beat St Albans at their ground by 44 points back in the early rounds of the year when they weren't travelling too well.

which team weren't travelling well early when colts and st albans played i'm a bit confused coz port were undefeated and st albans had beaten parkside a week earlier(parkside have only lost to port and st albans) so it would would seem on that basis both teams weren't travelling too badly colts just way too strong

Didnt see you there on the weekend WRFLfan, just seen clarkey and your coach... someone said a lot of the Colts boys were around but i didnt see any at all! on the game, we played a terrible first half as Travvy has said and i think in some cases we expected the wind to do all the work for us.
We did really want to win for benny, who is an out and out champion player and bloke, we let him down last year in his 300th and felt we owed it to him and played accordingly after half time. St Albans had a few guys who just shouldnt have been out there i reckon, and i dont know what peoples thoughts on Pagan are but he showed zero leadership on the ground. Didnt speak at all, and seemed to be disinterested at stages.
Douglas is an absolute gem, along with Acreman whos hitting some good form for the first time in a while, and Travvy was again good... Pretty even performance overall with a young bloke from the Jets, joey hedditch killing it down back, ended up giving Zantuck an absolute bath. Was suprising that St Albans didnt move the younger Fitzy forward in the last quarter when they needed to win the game. He was the only one capable of taking a grab and kicking a goal i thought. Spooner and Zantuck were quiet all day.

13-CABS said:
Didnt see you there on the weekend WRFLfan, just seen clarkey and your coach... someone said a lot of the Colts boys were around but i didnt see any at all! on the game, we played a terrible first half as Travvy has said and i think in some cases we expected the wind to do all the work for us.
We did really want to win for benny, who is an out and out champion player and bloke, we let him down last year in his 300th and felt we owed it to him and played accordingly after half time. St Albans had a few guys who just shouldnt have been out there i reckon, and i dont know what peoples thoughts on Pagan are but he showed zero leadership on the ground. Didnt speak at all, and seemed to be disinterested at stages.
Douglas is an absolute gem, along with Acreman whos hitting some good form for the first time in a while, and Travvy was again good... Pretty even performance overall with a young bloke from the Jets, joey hedditch killing it down back, ended up giving Zantuck an absolute bath. Was suprising that St Albans didnt move the younger Fitzy forward in the last quarter when they needed to win the game. He was the only one capable of taking a grab and kicking a goal i thought. Spooner and Zantuck were quiet all day.

congratulations to benny davis been playing playing against him for a while, good player and good bloke
your thoughts on pagan spot on, no leadership and no ticker st albans have been going backwards ever since he was appointed, i like seeing them struggle a bit there supporters are always feral at kings park but we shut them up when we played them

Travvy43 said:
WRFLfan said:
Mate to be honest we were just happy with the win. A win is four points, regardless of pretty or ugly it was. FYI we got up by 57 points, not sure how much you beat them by when you played at their home ground??

We are a pretty good hard running side which gives me plenty of opportunities to dish the ball out to them, i will continue to give the ball to them if they are ina better position to get a clean kick than me.

Spot on with my foot skills though, i nearly missed the shot at goal from onyl 20m out!! Perhaps you could fire off some tips for me.
My tip is handball you go alright at it and you should stick with your strenghts theysay dont they.

As for the standard its just an observation mate thats all if l said to you we beat them by more does that mean much because then we could go into all different factors that contributed to that result that were out of our hands ie weather, players injuries and so on. Like you said at the end of the day a win is a win and an away is even better.

You guys are flag favs l just read on sportsbet in Darwin

13-CABS said:
Bennie Davis is a great bloke and player same as cold pies played against him for a long time...300 games thats a fair effort, how old was he when he played his first senior game and how old is he?
Dont think Acerman done that well definently not anywhere near best on, l did leave in the last but he could nt have got best just on one quarter, Rusty very sneaky you cant drop your guard with him.
Zantuck good player tends too do a u turn every time its possible, his sister is a stunner seen her at the footy on Sat..my god, St were in untill the 3rd you guys had the win and then it set up a hard 4th for St, there unfit they stay with teams till half time then drop off.
Tend to agree with Obe1 the suprise factor that you guys had is over now when you play the bigger 4 there will be match uos and blokes like Linton the hangout wont find it so easy and Rusty will cop abit of pressure, which will make it abit harder.........maybe.
A win at St Albans is worth what it youst to be, but it feels good to shut the FERALS up

WRFLfan said:
Travvy43 said:
My tip is handball you go alright at it and you should stick with your strenghts theysay dont they.

As for the standard its just an observation mate thats all if l said to you we beat them by more does that mean much because then we could go into all different factors that contributed to that result that were out of our hands ie weather, players injuries and so on. Like you said at the end of the day a win is a win and an away is even better.

You guys are flag favs l just read on sportsbet in Darwin

Spot on with your opening line champion, play to your strengths.

We will just take the win, could not give a stuff how ugly it was.

In the future can I suggest that if you want to go watch some good entertaining football head a couple of hours up the hume or go to the afl.

In your words about our performance: "lots of handball receives, not much hard balls", and this is the team you say are flag favourites. This does not say much for the other teams in the league does it???

Travvy43, your seconds seem to be travelling alright at the moment also, is there anyone in that side that could find there way into the ones?
Watched on Saturday and the young fella at FF number 2, for a bloke around 6"3, seemed to really struggle with his hands

Thats one of our strengths at Sunshine this year, the depth that we have. Our twos have been outstanding all year, and much the same as the 1s they are pretty even all over the ground. There are a few guys who are pushing for selection, but it makes it hard because we have had almost 21 contributors each week in the seniors. Guys like wells, grainger, croft, frost have all played senior footy, along with young guys like mitchy ellis and daniel glowacki who tear it apart each week in the ressies.

In regards to number 2, thats jess mcinneny who is only 20 and is on werribees list and was on williamstowns list last year. Down on confidence and form lately, but is always capable of taking a good grab or shutting down a dangerous tall. The last few weeks on the track he has been burning, and it is only a matter of time before big things happen with him.

WRFLfan, u seem to very opinionated on Sunshine but i think you may need to do a bit more research. Douglas of course needs to be manned up, but for u to be thinking about "Linton the hangout" you are way off. There are lots ahead of him who u should be more wary of i feel.

I do agree with u bout knockin off St Albans at there home ground, there supporters are absolute ferals, worst in the league by far. Were still having a go as we walked off the ground, maybe it hadnt sunk in yet that we had just ended there season. Poor souls.

13-CABS said:
I do agree with u bout knockin off St Albans at there home ground, there supporters are absolute ferals, worst in the league by far. Were still having a go as we walked off the ground, maybe it hadnt sunk in yet that we had just ended there season. Poor souls.
13cabs I think about four weeks ago I said the next four games will sourt out who plays finals well think we all know who the top five will be at the end of the year.my queistion to you and travvy is has sunshine raise there gold for the year instead of being happy to make the finals are they eyeing off a top three finesh.think thats where you have to be if you want to take home the cup.

I do agree with u bout knocking off St Albans at there home ground, there supporters are absolute ferals, worst in the league by far. Were still having a go as we walked off the ground, maybe it had sunk in yet that we had just ended there season. Poor souls.[/quote]

Agree with you both regarding St Albans speccies,but cab driver your lot a very close second, especially the old birds that sit behind the goals.

As for being flag favorites,come on... you are playing pretty well and are probably showing the most consistent form at the minute but flag favorites?? a little to early for that one. St Albans are worse now than they were in round two.....have lost form,confidence direction and have a poor attitude, so lets not get to carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back