Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

Iknowfooty said:
Caught up with a few of the Colts boys last night very focussed on next weeks game. Had a good chat and a couple of pots with some past players with one of them pretty keen on the crumbed prawns i lost count after about 20. It was good to catch up with them.
Very addictive those crumbed prawns mate

Sunline's tips for the weekend.

Colts V Sunshine ( This will be a fantastic game to watch, hard game to tip. It's one all at the moment, with Colts winning the most recent contest. the colt's have the 2 big guns up forward and Sunshine will find it very hard to stop them. If Sunshine are to win, they will need to shut the Colt's midfield down and stop the supply to Clarke and Caddy. All the talk has been about Sunshine's speed and fitness, I am yet to see this personally. Will the big ground and wide open spaces, give the advantage to Sunshine more so than Colt's, I don't think so. The Colt's have finals experience at the Whitten oval and a slight advantage because of that. Therefor I am tipping Colt's by 14 point's.)

Parkside V Spotty (This will also be a close one, Parkside have the two big boys up forward and a very dangerous midfield, I think Spotty are lacking a bit of hieght and might find it very hard to combat Davis and Condos, they will be the difference. Parkside by 20 point's)

sunline 11 said:
Sunline's tips for the weekend.

Colts V Sunshine ( This will be a fantastic game to watch, hard game to tip. It's one all at the moment, with Colts winning the most recent contest. the colt's have the 2 big guns up forward and Sunshine will find it very hard to stop them. If Sunshine are to win, they will need to shut the Colt's midfield down and stop the supply to Clarke and Caddy. All the talk has been about Sunshine's speed and fitness, I am yet to see this personally. Will the big ground and wide open spaces, give the advantage to Sunshine more so than Colt's, I don't think so. The Colt's have finals experience at the Whitten oval and a slight advantage because of that. Therefor I am tipping Colt's by 14 point's.)

Thanx for that tip sunny but it's not just caddy and myself the kangas have to worry about but let me say that our fwd line tomorrow is the best it has been for a long time with some great marking options and some quality crumbers i'll be happy if our midfield can break even,our fwds will get enough of the ball to put a score on the board and our back line will hold up the kangas fwd line to a reasonable score.
Looking fwd to the contest and it will be a great game from to worth opponentts.
Also cabs if you play on brannan it will be party time for him you don't know how to man up and im sure tocka won't be that silly,i have heard that your a poor man's fabian webb.

Heard there was a scuffle at Hoppers late on Saturday night with a continual serial pest spectator from Parkside - anyone confirm

ROCK more then happy to be a poor mans Webby, hes one of the best players in the league. I was kidding about me playing on Merlin too, although i have played a heap of footy with the boy. So i do now how capable he is, but ive also seen how people go about stopping him. My opinion is that he has the best hands in the WRFL when hes on.

13-CABS said:
ROCK more then happy to be a poor mans Webby, hes one of the best players in the league. I was kidding about me playing on Merlin too, although i have played a heap of footy with the boy. So i do now how capable he is, but ive also seen how people go about stopping him. My opinion is that he has the best hands in the WRFL when hes on.

I agree with you about his hands but i think him not playing his best is usually a result of the way we use him as a team or him just not at his peak,i honestly believe that no one in this comp is good enuff to match him.I have played at the colts for over ten years and this boy is 19 or 20 and i rate him in the top 5 i have played with along with caddy and johnny lindsay,jason smith and jack love.

Not sure if anybody was just listening to SEN but it looks as like the game between Parkside and Spotswood was tranferred from the Whitten Oval because of some legends of boxing day they are having their on that day.

Gobombers55 said:
Not sure if anybody was just listening to SEN but it looks as like the game between Parkside and Spotswood was tranferred from the Whitten Oval because of some legends of boxing day they are having their on that day.

Venue change for this Sundays Senior finals (off the WRFL web site)

Due to a scheduling conflict at Whitten Oval the WRFL has been forced to relocate the Division 1 Finals set down for the ground for this Sunday. The updated schedule for this weekend is included in the file.

All games scheduled for Whitten Oval on Sunday will now be played at Altona (Grants Reserve, Sugar Gum Drive, Altona). Saturday matches will remain at Whitten Oval.

The games effected are:
Under 18 A – Williamstown Juniors v Spotswood
Division 1 Reserves – Spotswood v Parkside
Division 1 Seniors – Parkside v Spotswood

Obviously this is a very disappointing situation for the league at such short notice, but we need to make the most of the situation by making sure that we make as many supporters as possible aware of the change.

We appreciate any assistance you can give us in circulating this change of venue and look forward to a great weekend of finals football.

coreybrown said:
Venue change for this Sundays Senior finals (off the WRFL web site)

Due to a scheduling conflict at Whitten Oval the WRFL has been forced to relocate the Division 1 Finals set down for the ground for this Sunday. The updated schedule for this weekend is included in the file.

All games scheduled for Whitten Oval on Sunday will now be played at Altona (Grants Reserve, Sugar Gum Drive, Altona). Saturday matches will remain at Whitten Oval.

The games effected are:
Under 18 A – Williamstown Juniors v Spotswood
Division 1 Reserves – Spotswood v Parkside
Division 1 Seniors – Parkside v Spotswood

Obviously this is a very disappointing situation for the league at such short notice, but we need to make the most of the situation by making sure that we make as many supporters as possible aware of the change.

We appreciate any assistance you can give us in circulating this change of venue and look forward to a great weekend of finals football.
id be ****ed off if i were parkside or spotswood,chocolates to boiled lollies in regards to the grounds.
But one of them will get to play on it the following week unless it is double booked again.

13-CABS said:

Just want to congratulate sunshine on a great year to date,they deserve their top 3 spot this year in both senior and reserves and will be a force over the next 5yrs.Always give their all and im sure it will be the same tomorrow in a tough tight conest and we look forward to both games.

Good luck to all those playing finals this week and comiserations to those boys missing because of injury,a bad way to end the season

MY TIPS FOR THE WEEKEND

SENIORS
PARKSIDE v's spotty in a real tight game parks to get up with a bit more quality in the tall department but a spotty win would not surprise.

PORT COLTS v's sunshine i think we can win this game with experience and a bit more class/quality,we have to bring our A game or sunshine will get over us as they have proved all year that they have a great team.

RESERVES
SPOTTY v's parkside just think spotty will have more depth and get up in another close one

PORTCOLTS v's sunshine it might be biased but it's the best side our reserves have had all year and if we can knock off hoppers a few weeks ago,with this side i believe it can go all the way!!

GOOD LUCK AND MAY YOU ALL STAY INJURY FREE.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!

Would just like to congratulate Sunshine on making the finals for the first time in a long time and on getting the double chance aswell, and would also like to wish them all the best in their game against the colts and hopefully they can get over the top of them especially being the underdogs and not alot of ppl giving them a chance. So from me to u boys all the very best for tomorrows match and i'll c u at the game nice and early. Cheers D Mac

Port Colts have given Sunshine an absolute football lesson today. Midfield had first use of the ball all day making sure the key forwards of port were given enough opportunity to kick a winning score. Looks as though the boys of Sunshine will only be making up the numbers at the business end of the season.

Doesn't matter how fit you are 'if ya can't get the footy!'

An Awesome performance by the Port Colts demolishing Sunshine by 100 points today, the Clarke(6) Caddy(5) show live up to expectations,
Clarkey sits on 89 goals at the moment, the ton looks a real chance.
To all the players congratulations on a superb team performance.
Look out Hoppers the Colts are coming.

To the Magoos, bad luck on going down by 5 points, hopefully you can regroup next week.

To the Under 18s bad luck on dropping out of the finals race,
congratulations on a good season of footy, to step up from B grade and play A grade finals is an great acheivement.

Go the NUTZNBOLTS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Colts, i've been reading this website for a few weeks and i've been thinking there's too much talk about one side and after today i know why....i hope you give Hoppers a real touch up....

That old cow Sunshine supporter was struttin her stuff again today. She should be denied acces into the Whitten Oval. The children present will end up with serious hearing issues.

has been along time since i've posted anything just been focusing on my football and this will be the last time I do untill hopefully after the grand final
to sunshine WELCOME TO FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

well the colts came ready to play and it really showed in the difference in class the colts were as hard at the ball as any team ive seen they used the ground to perfection and made use of every chance they got and to the boys credit they played the game out right to the end even though the game was well and truly over they never had a lapse at anytime and after seeing this i wonder if hoppers are still as confident cause clearly the colts have taken thier game to a new level which will be hard to contain and as i predicted my mate kane cooper showed everyone at whitten oval that he is a very good player and can lift the tempo and intensity of his game to even greater heights watch as he will do it all over again this week i also thought that jullier was outstanding massis twoomey mc naulty clarke and caddy were all very good players who all had plenty of it and at crucial times did what was necessary to ensure victory

So boys someone please tell me, What happened yesterday?

All this talk about sunshine having the fitness and midfield and all this crap. Can't wait to get out onto the wide open spaces of whitten oval where we can run and carve sides up etc etc.

Their performance yesterday was nothing short of embarrassing. All they proved was that they have alot of work to do in the off season to even think they could have any sort of chance for the flag. How about concentrating more on getting the football in their hands instead of running laps.

touch of class said:
i wonder if hoppers are still as confident cause clearly the colts have taken thier game to a new level which will be hard to contain
Went along yesterday for a gig, and as good as Port were, the Kangaroos were equally bad. Basic skill errors and an inability to put there bodies over the ball meant they never had a chance against an experienced unit like the colts. Maybe they were overawed by the occasion, who knows, but all you colts blokes shouldn't get too carried away cos Hoppers will be a totally different proposition.

georgemichael said:
Went along yesterday for a gig, and as good as Port were, the Kangaroos were equally bad. Basic skill errors and an inability to put there bodies over the ball meant they never had a chance against an experienced unit like the colts. Maybe they were overawed by the occasion, who knows, but all you colts blokes shouldn't get too carried away cos Hoppers will be a totally different proposition.

well lets hope so cause both times i seen the colts play hoppers the colts are clearly more physical and harder at the ball but hoppers play a smart game of always looking to give a quick handball backwards from the pack and create the run from behind but after seeing the way the colts played the handball back and the run they created from behind was awesome the boys appeared to be a lot fitter than what people expected so the run was there all day the handballs recieved that came from blokes working hard to get in posistion to recieve and break lines just got better as the game went on and the boys used the ball with efficiency so i think hoppers will need to nulify that but its a very big ground so i dont think that is possible to do and also i think sunshine were clearly soft and intimidated by the key factor to yesterdays win that being constant relentless pressure will hoppers be able to cope

georgemichael said:

Agree with you buddy we played well and the kangas were ordinary,and sometimes on the footy field one team has all things go right for them and the other team can't take a trick.
I'm sure the kangas will learn from the experience but they will have to be ready again for a more physical encounter against parks,the kangas didn't finish third for nothing and will be embaressed after yesterday's effort and give a better performance im sure but i don't think they can beat parkside in a final this year.
SUNNY my old buddy can't wait for this week i hope your fit and ready to take me on i reckon i'll get 7 on you this wk,love the space on the whitten and know that you don't have much pace to keep up so you will play from the front and i'll have plenty of space,which i love.
What are your thoughts on yesterday's game??can you guys run on the big ground with us im not sure you can,remember the last time on the big ground we had 20.20 so you guys will have will have to be ready to run hard.
WHERE to play DALE CARSONat full fwd probably to far out the play and at chf he won't be as dangerous,headaches for frosty and surely he cant play doyle,venner.puli,cavka,taylor and himself in the one side,they lack so much leg speed murphy,becker, miles p.carson,koutza and redda have leg speed but not to many others it will be a tough ask especially after no game last week,but look fwd to it sunny all the best for the week,don't have to many nightmares about me you probably will only last a quarter.[LOL]

georgemichael said:
George - how was the perv yesterday? Surprised you haven't mentioned anyone..nobody took your fancy this week? Didn't get a chance to pop into the change rooms after the match?

Micka Morris said:
George - how was the perv yesterday? Surprised you haven't mentioned anyone..nobody took your fancy this week? Didn't get a chance to pop into the change rooms after the match?

No Micka, too busy sipping bubbly with a few likeminded friends watching those sweaty bodies running around. Tell you what though, if there's any post match functions happening we wouldn't mind coming along. That's if you don't mind the pink dollar! It'll make a change from Perce White park that's for sure:p

Sunshine found out on saturday what it is like to play the colts on a bigger ground.
They also found out that finals football is a different ball game than the home and away season.The colts dominated every part of the ground,starting in the middle where julier gave the colts onballers first use of the ball all day,they won nearly all the hard ball gets and in close they looked after there team mates with sheparding and blocking.Stacy massis dominated in the middle with numerous hard ball gets and kicks out of the centre.
The forward line was left open for clarke and caddy who kicked 11 between them,the ball was delivered out into space allowing space for the boys to lead into.When there was a contest in the full forward line the colts set up the wall across half forward to repel any sunshine movement.The half forward wingers and forward pockets ran hard all day to get to the foot of the contested football.
Dutchy played a great game at centre half forward leading strong and providing a good target.
The back line were unstoppable and were prepared to run in numbers out of defence and provide numerous options running through the lines,sunshine forwards were lazy and were not prepared to run with there men.
Macnaulty and burns dominated all day and on countless occasions ran hard down the ground to receive the ball and deliver into the forward line and also kick a couple each.
All in all a demolishing and a huge reality check for sunshine who looked more like a b grade side as opposed to a grand final threat.
Alot of soul searching this week for sunshine who need to regroup after having there pants pulled down on saturday.
But last saturday is over and a new challenge awaits the mighty colts this week as they take on hoppers crossing.
Its good to see finals football played on bigger grounds where as well as hard work and physical pressence,skill,ability and a football brain reign supreme with free flowing pretty to watch football.
Good luck to the colts boys this week and all the best.

2006 over for spotswood, did anyone go and watch were they unlucky or outplayed, i see they had more scoring shots. did parkside look dangerous or was it there straight kicking that got them over the line

spotswood i think would be disapointed with there year, after the way they came home in '05 they would have been thinking big for '06 and for the majority of the year they were fighting it out with st albans for 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back